• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-season friendly thread

considering it’s our second game back at the start of pre-season, with loads of players still missing, and a new manager implementing a new system and new ideas - against a good opposition - I'm amazed by the number of negative comments…

And I’m known as Mr. Negative Matchday-thread in these parts!

Think, in moments, we’ve looked alright and fairly sharp, all things considered. We’re obviously still some way off being 100%.
All the dissenters need their pre season training as well :)

We started off poorly I thought, ponderous in possession and misplacing passes.

Betis press was troubling us.

We got better after the drinks break and even created a few chances towards the end of the half.

Officials are awful and seem to be favouring betis

Definitely a very early work in progress. But, barring Perry and Hoever, we finished the half very well.

Kilman deserves a special mention for being a pleasant surprise after replacing Boly.

Looks like they are playing on grassed rubble MGW and Trincao the best in the first half. Looking to attack at every opportunity which is good . Raymondo Charlez on the line has been awful! Moutinho looking energetic. It’s a training session against a reasonable side.

Last edited:
considering it’s our second game back at the start of pre-season, with loads of players still missing, and a new manager implementing a new system and new ideas - against a good opposition - I'm amazed by the number of negative comments…

And I’m known as Mr. Negative Matchday-thread in these parts!

Think, in moments, we’ve looked alright and fairly sharp, all things considered. We’re obviously still some way off being 100%.
First 15 mins it looked like a team in full flow versus a team training for the first time but that said - Ruddy has had 0 saves to make and they had 1 half chance, which Saiss sorted out.
After that we have been ok really. Liking MGW, he seems to be everywhere. If the lino had eyes we might have had a goal by now as well.

Expecting a fair few changes now and I really want Betis to get a few more corners to see if we persist with the leaving 3 players up the pitch.

Also Betis properly treating this a competitive match with a few of their challenges

Think Gibbs-White looks decent. He's probably the sharpest on the pitch.

Shape is okay, they've only really created through us gifting them the ball near our penalty area! Haven't created much ourselves though.

A pretty typical pre-season game (plus as Kenny said Betis' best Shrewsbury act)

The only thing I caught in commentary was Gibbs White, they must like him :)

Semedo is on for Hoever.

Sa is on for Ruddy.

what are we doing?

Sa showing more confidence with his feet in 4 mins than Ruddy and Rui have in 4 years. Might stop a few hearts though

other lino also a blind fuckwit then (presuming they are still on the same sides)

Back