• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-Season 2024/25

0-1.

Long ranger into the bottom right corner. Couldn't tell if it took a slight deflection or not.

Edit - Nope. Just shite defending.

Damn, some hit from their 7.

In the corner but not a thunderbastard. Sa must have napping as he’s got nowhere near it

Yeah not sure Rodrigo is lasting too long on corners ha!

I don't think it's possible to be any worse than G-Rod's deliveries for our first two corners.

It's a friendly, so take it with a pinch of salt, I guess, but I wasn't very impressed with that half. Not a lot of creativity going forward and without Neto we are going to rely on Cunha an awful lot. Mosquera looks very good though.

Yeah, we’re still really struggling to create from possession which is a bit disappointing.

We look a fair amount more organized than at any point last season tho.

And Doherty is proving once again what we already knew: he's an attacking threat vacuum. Every single time he got the ball he checked back and passed it backwards. Awful.

Too many unknowns (and knowns as shit) in this squad.

How are Toti and Mosquera going to get on in a two? Is Santi Bueno any good? Is Dawson finished at this level (definitely in this set up). Doherty is shit, Lima a young kid.

Which Hwang is turning up this year? Is Sarabia going to be more consistent? Are Gomes and Strand Larsen going to be any good? Where and how is Bellegarde going to play. What are we doing with Guedes and Chiquinho.

We’ve probably only got about 5 or 6 players in the whole squad I’d be confident of producing at consistently above 7/10.

Very underwhelming.

You’d have thought for all the backslapping they’ve done over pre-season we were this free flowing, organised pressing team. As much as he brags about being the most detailed man in the world we still don’t even position ourselves well enough to stop counter attacks through the middle of us

Mosquera, Lemina, Sarabia and Roddy G look ok.
Toti, RAN, Joao G, look all over the place.
I know its early days and just a friendly but I'm already concerned about Larsen, hopefully he just needs minutes.

Last edited:
Quite a poor showing. Rodrigomes and RAN look sharp down the left but the latter has frustrated.

The two centre-mids are as expected and solid, Mosquera looks decent, but Sarabia has been poor and given the ball away too often as per usual.

Larsen and Hwang haven't done anything really. Doc less said the better.

Very underwhelming.

You’d have thought for all the backslapping they’ve done over pre-season we were this free flowing, organised pressing team. As much as he brags about being the most detailed man in the world we still don’t even position ourselves well enough to stop counter attacks through the middle of us
There has been a part of me that has been thinking “80% of training on the attack” as we cluelessly shuffle the ball around in the middle third.

I think Toti and Mosquera have been quite good, but maybe I’m seeing what I want to.

It worries me how imbalanced our wings are now.

RAN and Gomes down rhe left are both skilful, pacey and can go past players. Sarabia and Doc are both slow as shit and constantly cut back and lay it off.

Makes it very predictable down our right. Hopefully Semedo or Lima can come on soon. Maybe Bellegarde too down that side.

Back