• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

Fosun are not covering themselves in glory at the moment. A stable club a couple of weeks ago that now seems in a bit of turmoil. It could all go so horribly wrong this season. I think that is what most on here are worried about. Of course it could pan out completely the opposite, but the manager they want to appoint doesn't seem the best out of a lot of the available candidates out there to be able to steady the ship.
Time will not be on their side if this appointment goes tits up. It'll be chaos out there in the Wolves world..

a bad start to the season and the whole mood around the place will sour very quickly.
That is very true but after this season I think Nuno would have had fans turning on him after a poor start. Obviously Lage will start on a lower footing. What happens this summer will play a part as well. A poor start and it could be Jeff/Fosun getting the initial abuse.

I said last week that this could be the first season where Fosun experience the hostile version of Wolves fans. I hope not but the early impressions are it is more likely than not.

I thought I'd seen there were 4 interviews this week? Maybe from Tim.
Anyway, if they've done their research and this is their man is there any point in wasting everyone's time on interviews?

Fosun are not covering themselves in glory at the moment. A stable club a couple of weeks ago that now seems in a bit of turmoil.

Only in the eyes of fans.

From the clubs POV. Change has happened, a replacement has been found/parachuted in by Mendes Air. Should be in position to take over next week. No turmoil there really

Anyway, if they've done their research and this is their man is there any point in wasting everyone's time on interviews?
That's looking more like we have 3 options we would like to interview should Lage get told to go home by the Government next week.

Who did the research?
Jeff said Scott Sellars was in charge of the managerial search.

Only in the eyes of fans.

From the clubs POV. Change has happened, a replacement has been found/parachuted in by Mendes Air. Should be in position to take over next week. No turmoil there really
Pretty important group of people there though. Considering they were banging on about how much matchday revenue is to them.. And that is without no money to spend unless we sell our best players for a big chunk. I'd say it isn't that good a situation to be in considering how we were a couple of weeks ago.

Still doesn't make it a club in turmoil.

The changes may create something but right now we are just a set of fans concerned over a change and getting angry at things that haven't happened yet

Still doesn't make it a club in turmoil.

The changes may create something but right now we are just a set of fans concerned over a change and getting angry at things that haven't happened yet
Angry at thing that have happened yes. Nuno, our best manager for 40+ years gone. His whole back room staff, who revolutionised the way the club worked gone, no budget for the 3 player upgrade we needed unless we sell our asset players.
2 weeks ago we needed the players and Nuno and his staff to get a rest, a CB or 2 and a box to box midfielder and we go again. Now we need all the above, and Mendes is presenting us with a downgrade (imo) on the manager.
Not much to shout about at the moment in fairness. Yes, it might turn out ok, but right now this second it doesn't look like it.
You have your opinion and that is fine. Others have theirs, and surprisingly it might not coincide with yours. That is where we are.

Things that haven't happened yet

1) Tickets prices going sky high
2) Lage appointed
3) Lage being shit

Now, 2 of the 3 are likely and the other one we won't know until until August/September.

Will chuck in the no money stuff. My take on what Jeff was talking about and being clever in the market will see us do loans with obligations or options to buy. Not much difference to how we have operated previously. Just means we are unlikely to spend £35m on an 18 year old this summer.

My opinion on the events I have put up previously and its fair to say I don't agree or wanted to them to happen but I just struggle to cope with OTT reactions and the world is ending stuff. So the use of turmoil triggered me.

I have this odd habit of being a bit like Nuno last season...things are shit so I get overly defensive.

2) Lage appointed
3) Lage being shit

Now, 2 of the 3 are likely and the other one we won't know until until August/September.

Will chuck in the no money stuff. My take on what Jeff was talking about and being clever in the market will see us do loans with obligations or options to buy. Not much difference to how we have operated previously. Just means we are unlikely to spend £35m on an 18 year old this summer.

My opinion on the events I have put up previously and its fair to say I don't agree or wanted to them to happen but I just struggle to cope with OTT reactions and the world is ending stuff. So the use of turmoil triggered me.

I have this odd habit of being a bit like Nuno last season...things are shit so I get overly defensive.
I don't think saying our club is now being run by an agent whose primary motivation is himself is an overreaction. Opinions may differ

2) Lage appointed
3) Lage being shit

Over the top reaction would be " fuck fosun, they need to go!" I didn't even remotely hint at anything like that.
Couldn't think of a better word than turmoil. Maybe there is a better word.

I don't think saying our club is now being run by an agent whose primary motivation is himself is an overreaction. Opinions may differ
Well that's been the case since the first batch of players arrived under Walter. So I agree there.

We are experiencing the set up from a different angle right now and it doesn't feel right but if we sold our soul to the devil and accepted it when things were ace what do we do when things feel crap.

My comments are not based on me thinking Nuno deserved to go, I wanted him to go, Lage is the best man for the job etc. I disagree with all of that and as i said earlier there is a debate to be had but the OTT stuff is what pushes my buttons.

Couldn't think of a better word than turmoil. Maybe there is a better word.
A disconnection between fans and club maybe.
Now Fosun may be playing a blinder here and we will all be chucking bundles of £50 notes at them for tickets. It doesn't feel like it mind. So the vision of the owners currently doesn't match ours.

Last edited:
A disconnection between fans and club maybe.
Now Fosun maybe playing a blinder here and we will all be chucking bundles of £50 notes at them for tickets. It doesn't feel like it mind. So the vision of the owners currently doesn't match ours.
Maybe on the former, and same on the latter, although from my perspective they aren't playing that good of a game. A bit like Wolves first half performances. Maybe they'll have a blinding second half, but we all know how that used to go!

I reckon Lage is getting a lot of kickback because

a) he’s not Nuno
b) most people haven’t heard of him

Ultimately the bloke led a club to a league title in his first proper managerial job - and they scored over 100 goals in a season. Something Nuno has never achieved.

His second season didn’t go to plan, but every explanation I’ve seen from people in the know, who watched his team play, have said there were lots of circumstances beyond his control.

He’s clearly Fosun’s preferred choice - and they’ve obviously taken the word of Mendes. We all knew what we were getting in to bed with. Remember how we all laughed when the football world raged at us signing Ruben Neves in the Championship? Well unfortunately, we have to take the rough with the smooth. Hopefully we get the Bruno Lage of his first season at Benfica.

That's patronising shite Jinky
What’s “patronising” about it? It’s quite a relaxed, fair post.

I’m not overly enamoured about Lage. But in the cold light of day, he could be absolutely fantastic (first season at Benfica), or he could be a bit rubbish (second season). None of us have a clue.

What I can’t get my head around is the slitting of wrists and adamant predictions that we’ll “definitely be worse off”, or “in trouble” with him in charge. Based on what?

Last edited:
Back