• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

Rafa loads of experience, no one wants. Loads of other managers with experience - Bruce, BFS, Billic...

Get Curbs in FFS.

As said, he may be good, he may be terrible. But I’m willing to find out with me eyes before making a decision from a Wikipedia page.
Pretty much where i am to be honest, we don't know if he's going to be good or not. I don't particularly want him as i think there's better options imo but i'll give him every chance if he is appointed. There's been far too much hyperbole in this thread for me, anyone would have thought we had been playing outstanding football over the last 18 months and that we were going to employ some random bloke off the street not someone who while not very experienced has guided a team to a league title with a record number of goals.

If it all goes tits up then i think Jeff is fair game and will deserve all of the shit he will get but lets see how it goes first before we write whatever happens next off before it's actually happened.

Pretty much where i am to be honest, we don't know if he's going to be good or not. I don't particularly want him as i think there's better options imo but i'll give him every chance if he is appointed. There's been far too much hyperbole in this thread for me, anyone would have thought we had been playing outstanding football over the last 18 months and that we were going to employ some random bloke off the street not someone who while not very experienced has guided a team to a league title with a record number of goals.

If it all goes tits up then i think Jeff is fair game and will deserve all of the shit he will get but lets see how it goes first before we write whatever happens next off before it's actually happened.
If it goes tits up, Jeff will be replaced by the end of the season.

I'm concerned that if Lage get the WP, what about his team. How good would he be without his own backroom staff. Would his backroom need WPs and would they get them. How long would it take to rebuild a staff. We don't want to end up with a Clough without his Taylor. I suppose the same can be said for any EU manager

I'm concerned that if Lage get the WP, what about his team. How good would he be without his own backroom staff. Would his backroom need WPs and would they get them. How long would it take to rebuild a staff. We don't want to end up with a Clough without his Taylor. I suppose the same can be said for any EU manager
Ever thought about what might go right?

I'll sit back and breathe and see what happens in the next four weeks. I'll be going next season anyway (fuck my young family and personal circumstances) as I'm owed games, but after that it's in Fosun's hands. If this whole shift turns out splendidly I'm laughing, if not I still will be sort of because of IPTV.

I've stayed away from commenting who I want, as I have no idea!

I personally would have kept Nuno, but we are where we are.

I'm sort of adopting a 'wait and see" approach. I'd never heard of Lage until 2 weeks ago, but I'd never heard of Nuno before he took over.

I'm not going to turn on Fosun anytime soon, we were treading water in the Championship when they took over, and we are pretty solid in the PL now. That doesn't mean they will have blind faith, but now the decision had been made on Nuno (as much as I disagree) I will wait before making knee-jerk judgments on our new way forward.

Why? There are multiple posts on here from people who know exactly what's going on throughout the club. Can you not fucking read?
Because I'm not one of those! I know fuck all 🤣

I'd take Gerrard, I'd take Lopetugui. After that I'm struggling! I know a few I don't want (Lampard is #1 on this list!) but no idea on who I'd give it too.

If we get Lage I'll admit it has a bit of a dodgy Mendes feel about it, but tbh so did the Neto/Jordao transfer.

It's possible to be concerned about the direction Fosun are going, while also recognising that the direction under Nuno hadn't been that great for some time also. We can't pretend he left at the height of his powers, and it's perfectly plausible that he'd peaked here, and next season would have seen further deterioration.

As for the upset over senior players potentially leaving, plenty of people wrote Adama off and wanted rid based on a relatively shite most recent season, well Nuno and Patricio pretty much had the same, so surely they're fair game for such ruthlessness too?

The next managerial move is a vital one obviously, and the concern and uncertainty evident on here is understandable for all of us, it's obviously a new epoch and essentially a new broom. It's very destabilising, and the fact we're not particularly used to success makes it worse.

As most of the forum says after every underwhelming transfer window of the past couple of years though, we'll just have to wait and see...

It’s a bit of a lottery to be honest. West Ham didn’t want Moyes, Chelsea Tuchel, whereas Everton fans wanted Ancelloti and Arsenal fans wanted Arteta. It’s wait and see for me. It could go either way next season, but , and I may be in the minority, the more I look at how we played last season with the squad we had , the more I think Nuno tactically tied himself up in knots until he had to concede that grinding one nils was about the best that was going to happen. I still think that he had enough and when chatting with JS they agreed to part ways. I will think that until something tangible tells me otherwise. Mean while I am just watching and waiting .

If we get Lage I'll admit it has a bit of a dodgy Mendes feel about it, but tbh so did the Neto/Jordao transfer.

It's possible to be concerned about the direction Fosun are going, while also recognising that the direction under Nuno hadn't been that great for some time also. We can't pretend he left at the height of his powers, and it's perfectly plausible that he'd peaked here, and next season would have seen further deterioration.

As for the upset over senior players potentially leaving, plenty of people wrote Adama off and wanted rid based on a relatively shite most recent season, well Nuno and Patricio pretty much had the same, so surely they're fair game for such ruthlessness too?

The next managerial move is a vital one obviously, and the concern and uncertainty evident on here is understandable for all of us, it's obviously a new epoch and essentially a new broom. It's very destabilising, and the fact we're not particularly used to success makes it worse.

As most of the forum says after every underwhelming transfer window of the past couple of years though, we'll just have to wait and see...
Far too measured and balanced. You need to cut that shit out.

Lage has been Wolves next choice since rumours of Nuno possibly going to Arsenal were starting.
He has done well in a league with limited competition but has an offensive approach and a history of working with youngsters.
Why not, if you can't get a superstar coach?

Really not going to get involved with this until they appoint the next one - didn't particularly want Nuno gone, but he has looked tired & running out of ideas a bit this season unsurprisingly & whether he had enough left to move forward is an opinion & not fact.

Lage has been Wolves next choice since rumours of Nuno possibly going to Arsenal were starting.
He has done well in a league with limited competition but has an offensive approach and a history of working with youngsters.
Why not, if you can't get a superstar coach?
Welcome, Timbo.

Why not indeed? I'm sure Cyber would have said exactly that, if he'd still been posting on here.

Welcome, Timbo.

Why not indeed? I'm sure Cyber would have said exactly that, if he'd still been posting on here.
No he wouldn't... He'd have been looking at reasons why multiples of 13 (or 7) in Lage's history at Benfica were a good sign or an omen of doom 🤣 (sorry Jon if you're reading this)

And nonsense like Lage has never won when it's a full moon on Friday in September, and struggles to break poor teams down when the tides are under 3 metres deep on the second Saturday of the month.

Guy on the mix who said Nuno was going a month ago says its Lage done and dusted.

Back