• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

In fairnes regarding our spending budget. If we advertise about how much we have to spend, if we chase a player, you can bet his price will suddenly go up alarmingly when the club concerned knows we are chasing him.

What’s “patronising” about it? It’s quite a relaxed, fair post.

I’m not overly enamoured about Lage. But in the cold light of day, he could be absolutely fantastic (first season at Benfica), or he could be a bit rubbish (second season). None of us have a clue.

What I can’t get my head around is the slitting of wrists and adamant predictions that we’ll “definitely be worse off”, or “in trouble” with him charge. Based on what?
I've stated across numerous posts what my issues are, none of which are as reductive as he's not Nuno or I'd never heard of him before last week. Although I freely admit the latter is the case. Also neither have I said we'll definitely be worse off or in trouble. Therefore to suggest that's why people object is patronising

I've stated across numerous posts what my issues are, none of which are as reductive as he's not Nuno or I'd never heard of him before last week. Although I freely admit the latter is the case. Also neither have I said we'll definitely be worse off or in trouble. Therefore to suggest that's why people object is patronising
Well clearly my post isn’t directed at you then (it’s not really aimed at anyone in particular).

This is you right now -

I reckon Lage is getting a lot of kickback because

a) he’s not Nuno
b) most people haven’t heard of him

I reckon Lage is getting a lot of kickback because

a) he’s not Nuno
b) most people haven’t heard of him
c/ His record isn't that great
d/ He seems to be the only candidate we have interviewed, even though there's a lot of good ones out there.

Hold on, his record as a coach he has 1 League Title. Surely it should be, only coached for 17 months at the top level.

I take it he is going to be head coach and not manager? That is what Nuno officially was yes?

I am less fussed about the management options than I would be any type of new signing arriving. Impressed Liverpool just triggered that guys release fee and had a player signed at their biggest position of need filled before the season has even officially finished, I'd love us to get some signings in pre euros etc.

Hold on, his record as a coach he has 1 League Title. Surely it should be, only coached for 17 months at the top level.
Exactly. Not that much time to get any sort of record. Remember Fosun got rid of Nuno because we needed to move forward. Bruno Lage hasn't got much of a pedigree as much as you want him to have one. And has done nothing here, which makes a difference imo.

Bruno Lage hasn't got much of a pedigree as much as you want him to have one.
Do I?

Just trying to help you out. Saying he doesn't have a good record when his record is 1 league title from just 17 months is wrong IMO, especially as some would take Gerrard who has 1 league title after *checks notes* 24 months*. If you had said not much experience I would have kept schtum.

*I am one who would be happy with Stevie G.

Have read that the net is being widened & whilst (I think) Lage has been interviewed he's not a certainty

Do I?

Just trying to help you out. Saying he doesn't have a good record when his record is 1 league title from just 17 months is wrong IMO, especially as some would take Gerrard who has 1 league title after *checks notes* 24 months*. If you had said not much experience I would have kept schtum.

*I am one who would be happy with Stevie G.
I don't need your help thanks.

Have read that the net is being widened & whilst (I think) Lage has been interviewed he's not a certainty
Would suggest having a Work Permit hearing on Wednesday its only the Government that are stopping the appointment

I'm not telling you fuck all. I'm writing my opinion, which is what everyone else is. Seems some people's opinions are more valid than others though.
Calm down and have a chamomile tea...

I'm mainly reacting to the statement that I want Lage to have a pedigree. As if am suddenly a fan boi of his.

Rafa loads of experience, no one wants. Loads of other managers with experience - Bruce, BFS, Billic...

Get Curbs in FFS.

As said, he may be good, he may be terrible. But I’m willing to find out with me eyes before making a decision from a Wikipedia page.

Back