• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

PNE v Wolves Matchday thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves play 40 minutes with 10 men and it's an heroic effort against top of the table Brighton...
Preston hang on with 10 men until another man is sent off and "Wolves are an embarrassment"...Really guys?

Surely the context that we had a man advantage for 70 minutes (excluding added time) against a team newly promoted and yet to win at home is an entirely different kettle of fish. Were Preston under the cosh? The shots on target stats suggest not.

It is not easy to play against 10 men whatever level they are at

It is not easy to play against 10 men whatever level they are at

I know where you're coming from but I don't think we can look at this in isolation - last three or four games, look at how our attack has been and there's something wrong there. I'd like to hear from those who went how Wolves tried to attack because I don't think that it worked very well

Did we pressurise Preston? Were they penned back? Did we pepper the goal with attempts???

I don't know...Were you there? Did we?
67% possession
15 shots to 8
4 on target to 2
7 corners to 3 all in our favour

67% possession
15 shots to 8
4 on target to 2

The fact it was two shots on target until the 88th minute is disgraceful. And only one of those can be considered a shot.

67% possession
15 shots to 8
4 on target to 2

Let's compare to the Bournemouth game last year..

67% possession
25 shots
8 on target
7 corners

From a team who were dire in the first half and only came alive after VLP's sending off in the 55th minute. By the time the second player was sent off the result was academic.

We simply didn't do enough with the advantage especially when you consider 9 of Prestons team played 120 minutes in midweek.

Yeah, simply we are not good enough for promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back