• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Players you disliked

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
Tangent from the General thread. Hate is a very strong word, but we'll all have multiple players we had a strong dislike for. Ignore the obvious like Roger Johnson or Steve Claridge who everyone can't stand, who are yours? Give reasons if you like, but you don't have to.

I'll go with 10 to start with (and I'll happily qualify any of them) but I could probably go to 60 without thinking about it, I reckon :D

Gonçalo Guedes
Mark Rankine
Matt Doherty
Darren Ferguson
Marlon Harewood
Seyi Olofinjana
Michael Mancienne
Stephen Hunt
Tim Steele
Steve Corica

No idea how I missed Quadbike Greg. What a wanker.

For differring reasons and not repeating any from the OP
Darren Anderton
Simon Osborn
Daniel Podence
Max Kilman
Steve Corica
Dave Beasant
Roger Hansbury
Spring to mind. Kilman and Podence are probably just recency bias

I don't hate any players but Kmac and Evans annoyed me so much, guess I expected too much of them when we came back up to the Championship but I thought they were overrated and mainly a bit shit.
Muscat I really liked at first but he turned into such a twat.
Proudlock I had such high hopes for after that first season, local kid and everyone at Nova,Utd was rooting for him but he really wasted his talent.

Mark Atkins
Steve Corica
Jeremy Helan
Grant Holt
Adam Proudlock
Darren Roberts
Jamie O Hara
Adama Traore

Last edited:
Darren fucking Ferguson.

In general I try not to hate many things - I’ll get annoyed etc, but I find hate a strong commitment. That fucker I despise now more than ever.

Steve Claridge - I knew he was going to be shit for us

Jimmy Kelly - A very brief stay with us but I really didn't like someone who did what he did playing for us

Dave Edwards.

It was as much down to the managers who continued to pick him but by the end I was just utterly sick of the blokes face and no amount of kissing babies and Nice Guy Dave made up for it. It's mellowed a bit with stuff he's done with the club since whereas I reckon Dan would continue to hate Doherty's stupid face if he did a bit of comms 10 years from now ;)

Steve Sedgley

Complete nothing of a player

More recently, Traore, Cutrone. Dendoncker's final 12-18 months was grim viewing too, see Edwards.

Steve Claridge - I knew he was going to be shit for us

Jimmy Kelly - A very brief stay with us but I really didn't like someone who did what he did playing for us

To be fair we never picked him after he got charged (unlike a certain team down the A41)

Matt Doherty! Hated him in league one hate him fucking now.

Saw his full debut where Adam Johnson ripped him to shreds and have had to put up with his feckless half arsed lazy attitude for pretty much the last twelve years since.

He gets some leeway for his time under Nuno but it doesn't make up for the years either side.

Don Goodman.
I was fortunate to be in the players lounge after we lost at Sunderland and I spoke to Goodman and he basically admitted he deliberately stood on Mike Stowell's fingers in that game. I was never a fan of his given who he played for and then he told me that. I know now that he's not a bad guy but that really rubbed me up the wrong way.

Henri Camara ...the rat, was the one I probably hated the most though.

Jérémy Hélan - Absolutely dreadful footballer, no technical ability whatsoever. Also grated on me because I had to listen to/read everyone waffling on about him adding 'balance' to the team. The guy literally couldn't pass to a teammate, the fact that he's left footed isn't enough of a positive to cancel that out.

Tommy Rowe - When we signed him Kenny Jackett said 'Once he gets in the team he'll be hard to drop'. Low and behold, Rowe got in the team and Jackett didn't drop him, even though he was fucking shit. One of those we signed to add 'power' as well, basically based on him scoring a few headers for Posh, despite the guy having no fight whatsoever.

Back