• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Player of the Season so far?

Player of the Season so far

• Total voters
Jota, Lescott won a league and England caps, he could possibly play at similar levels.

Biggest surprise Coady, ridiculous transformation

Jota speed, skill, fight and goals but the others have all been outstanding too. I have never seen a Wolves team with so much talent in the same side.

Got to be honest i'm struggling. Could easily pick Coady, Boly, Neves, Saiss, Jota, Bonatini and then others like Douglas, Doherty and Cav aren't far behind. I'd probably just about go for Jota for the pure moments of magic. Watching this team makes me feel like a kid again, so excited about watching them. I'd love someone like Saiss to win it though because he's been immense and he's one of those players that i just like watching more than others.

Reading this thread it does make me wonder why for 30 mins yesterday all I heard from behind me in the North Bank was "We haven't clue" & "No plan at all"

Reading this thread it does make me wonder why for 30 mins yesterday all I heard from behind me in the North Bank was "We haven't clue" & "No plan at all"

I did tell Waggy to keep his voice down...!

Jota for me. Incredible player, like watching a young Messi.

I was thinking Eden Hazard. I suspect in the very near future the comparisons will cease and he'll be Jota and young players from near and far will aspire to emulate him.

It's so hard to choose. Coady, Boly, Neves, Saiss, Jota & Bonatini have all been excellent.

I thought I'd give it to Jota, to say he's a class above is an understatement but I think not having Coady in the team would hurt us more than not having Jota so I'm going for Coady

A brilliant question, with so many potential candidates. In any other season, the form and consistency of Coady, Saiss, Neves, Jota, Bonatini would have made any of them a shoe in. They're my standouts (half a team FFS! :icon_lol:) but whittling it down to one, I'm voting for Ruben Neves.

Watching him run a game is a joy. He's got a footballing brain and vision that I've only ever seen at Molineux from the very best performers for the opposition during our Premier League years.

It's incredible that he's still so young - he's a class act and I love the guy.

Diogo for me, even when he has a quiet game he'll do something on another level.
Saiss is a close second though, he has been fantastic in the centre this season.

As I'm typing this I can't believe I've not put Leo (top scorer), Douglas (top assists), Coady or Ruddy. Or Neves. Or Cav. WHAT A BLOODY TEAM!

Seriously?

There needs to be a fucking cull, by the sound of it

Jota for me, the guy is amazing. I have a full on man crush for him.
Coady transformation has been unreal also. If we had sold him in June I wouldn't have batted an eyelid, now I feel he's definitely one of the current side who could step up in the Prem, if we make it

Good to know there are still some utter cunts in the stands. Was there a call of "touch" as Boly beautifully controlled the ball and distributed with perfection?

I was hearing people moaning with stuff like "get it forward" "line it" and "get the ball in the box" and even "we pass too much"

So many to choose from - its like opening your favourite box of chocolates & trying to decide which you have first

In the end have gone with Jota - the one player who consistently gets you on the edge of your seat (South Bankers have to lean forward as they aren't sitting) every time he gets on the ball

Could have chosen others though agree with the sentiment that if Nuno was on the list would pick him - without the guiding force this was not guaranteed to work however good individual players are

Currently I'd say Jota, though I think we're going to see Cav hit levels he hasn't reached yet.

My choice will quite possibly change when the actual vote takes place nearer the end of the season

Currently I'd say Jota, though I think we're going to see Cav hit levels he hasn't reached yet.

Cav's been great lately, and he works so bloody hard too. We really have got an amazing situation where Costa has got to be absolutely unbelievable to displace Ivan.

So many you could make a case for. The only way I could begin to narrow it down was to try to determine who I would least like to be unavailable for selection. Our squad is so deep this year that we've been able to cope with the absence or off-day of pretty well anyone, but the one I'd feel most uneasy about being without is Jota. As Paddy says, though, it's Nuno we have to be most grateful for.

Back