• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Player of the Season so far?

Player of the Season so far

• Total voters
[Alan] Bright [/Alan]

Jota for me. Ridiculous player at this level.

Bonatini for me. Not because he's the best player, but because no-one knew who the hell he was when he arrived and there was a lot of scepticism. Absolutely integral to the way we play and what is it now? 10 goals and 5 or 6 assists? And an absolute commitment to the team

Neves for me. Just makes playing football look so easy.

Diogo Jota is not only skillful, not only a goalscorer but he's tough, can win a tackle and makes a mockery of his age and the fact that he's a pussy foreigner according to the crap spouted. I thought Robbie Keane was brilliant for a kid but Jota eclipses him ten fold.

I keep changing my mind on this, so much quality (when have we ever said that??) Jota gets the nod from me but in truth it could be so many others, I think a most improved player should get its own vote to recognise the unbelievable improvement in both Coady and Doc.

Diogo Jota is simply one of the best players I have ever seen in a Wolves shirt.

Went for Coady for now as I love him. Neves only just pipped by the tiniest of margins as he is majestic(al) and I also love him. And Jota probably third as I love him too.

Leo, Boly, Cav, Saiss, two actual LBs, one who early signs suggest could reach a ridiculous level, Ruddy (understated importance of actually having a decent keeper for the first time in ages!). Yep, love 'em all. Too difficult. But yeah, amongst a season-so-far of brilliant performances throughout the team, Coady for now due to the transformation and his character.

Stuck a vote on Saiss. Bossed a lot of games. Could easily have voted for Jota or Bonatini though. Pretty sure it will be one of those 2 officially come season end.

Neves for me. He represents everything I like about this Wolves team I think and the change of culture in our way of playing.

The first name on the team sheet for me would be Neves, but given how well the whole team is playing we may as well scrap the POTS award and just give it to the whole squad.

Each to his own, but I'm surprised people are picking Neves over Saiss, for me the latter has been the better of the two.

Each to his own, but I'm surprised people are picking Neves over Saiss, for me the latter has been the better of the two.

They've both been immense and they compliment each other superbly but Neves pips Saiss for me. But there's not much in it.

It's a nice debate to have though, isn't it??

They've both been immense and they compliment each other superbly but Neves pips Saiss for me. But there's not much in it.

It's a nice debate to have though, isn't it??
Abso bloody lutely

in terms of performance Saiss and Neves have been on par for much of the season, I just feel that Neves has that extra gear and sometimes we see what he is really capable of, which is incredibly exciting. What I am glad about is that we are regularly seeing the best of Saiss when Lambert didn't want to pick him, astonishing decision making based on what we know now.

Its just a near impossible choice you can build a case for half a dozen players.

Ruddy or Douglas would have walked this in previous seasons had they performed to their current levels in our past crappy teams (indeed Hennessey and Naylor are past winners having performed nowhere near to that standard). Not one vote for either so far.

Saiss for me. Just glad he's finally hitting the heights of his Angers days. Long may it continue.

Back