• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I find this all very strange, all of this should have been ironed out at interview stage he is a "head coach" after all. I was quietly optimistic with Lambert in charge for next year I was hoping he would ditch the dreck and with the help of Mendes assemble a serious squad to challenge for promotion.

If he's gone he can take Edwards, Doc & Coady with him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If Lambert goes can he please take the entire backroom staff with him too... Familiarity has bred complacency in the senior squad members and they need a bloody good kick up the ass

Need to stay off the Wolves FB page - some guy arguing with everyone saying that Lambert's 12 month rolling contract runs out this summer. When the rolling contract was explained to him (numerous times) he still couldn't get his head round it, and thinks we can only sack him in the summer, with no compo :facepalm:

These leaks today must have come from either Lambert, or his agent.

Strikes me that he is engineering an exit from the club.

Will be surprised to see him still in charge on Monday.

they could also have come from someone at Wolves who felt threatened by Lambert wanting the final say over players

Need to stay off the Wolves FB page - some guy arguing with everyone saying that Lambert's 12 month rolling contract runs out this summer. When the rolling contract was explained to him (numerous times) he still couldn't get his head round it, and thinks we can only sack him in the summer, with no compo :facepalm:
It really is remarkable how many people can't work out the 'complexities' of a 12 month rolling contract :icon_lol:

This really is a dog's bollocks on an epic scale isn't it? No-one emerges with any credit, especially Jeff Shi who looks like he doesn't have a fucking clue. Unless Fosun sort this out either by giving Lambert 100% backing - I think he could certainly get us into the top 6 next year - or by finding a stellar replacement then the only person who comes out of it smelling of roses is Frank.

Not true is it...

Pre-Lambert: P16 W4 D5 L7 Pts 17 (1.06 PPG)
Post-Lambert: P30 W12 D5 L13 Pts 41 (1.37 PPG)

Plus the cup run, we hadn't one of any kind since 2008 (and then we only beat Cambridge and Watford rather than Stoke and Liverpool)

Well, Frank? What's your response?

Hello? ...........……

What have Fosun done? It's not as if the goal posts have been moved by them is it. Its been clear since day 1 with regards to Mendes and how we will use him.

Lambert is either wanting the sack or he has decided life is dull this week and wanted to play risk.

Fosun aren't going to change their outlook so if Lambert does go they have to ensure his replacement is spot on and not some Walter wannabe.

There are some absolute bellends on those FB pages, it's like they have no idea about football and just want to slate FOSUN for being foreign

This really is a dog's bollocks on an epic scale isn't it? No-one emerges with any credit, especially Jeff Shi who looks like he doesn't have a fucking clue. Unless Fosun sort this out either by giving Lambert 100% backing - I think he could certainly get us into the top 6 next year - or by finding a stellar replacement then the only person who comes out of it smelling of roses is Frank.

I'm sorry but this is LAMBERT leaking shit. It is Lambert's issue. To be honest I hope it gets him a P45.

Goodbye football, goodbye Wolves. It's all gone 'pear shaped', hasn't it? Football clubs in millions of pounds worth of debt, foreign 'mercenary' players dominating a 'first division' that has six dominant clubs. Crazy wages. Clubs that can intimidate referees and journalists. Agents that can usurp managers. Sorry, I don't want to know, any more. After fifty years and two months of being a Wolves supporter, I give up. It's not sport, it's just unbridled capitalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What have Fosun done? It's not as if the goal posts have been moved by them is it. Its been clear since day 1 with regards to Mendes and how we will use him.

Lambert is either wanting the sack or he has decided life is dull this week and wanted to play risk.

Fosun aren't going to change their outlook so if Lambert does go they have to ensure his replacement is spot on and not some Walter wannabe.
Lambert has said from day 1 he has the final say on transfers, now it would appear that if it's a Mendes player then that isn't the case. IF he was told that originally and IF that has changed then then the goalposts have been moved, but as everything in the public domain is clearly leaked by Lambert and therefore loaded in his favour it's impossible to know.

I'm a firm believer that a manager should sign his own players, I like the accountability that this brings, if he wants Hugill, Hanley and Steele then he should either get them or be sacked because the Board don't have confidence in his judgement. They shouldn't be rejected and told to come up with another list. Equally Lambert would be mad to knock back another Costa due to internal political point scoring and should be savvy enough to nod through one Ola John a season.

I don't think Lambert wants to leave, he wouldn't be leaking like a sieve if he did, I think he's a backup option at best for Norwich, but I don't see this ending with him still in charge come Monday morning, he's not in a strong enough position to call anyone's bluff. The next manager won't be British which means for anyone from these shores we are back to relying on Thelwell...

Knock me back if you wish, but Id love Paul Cook here. But would he also want full control. It seems if we are going down the Mendes route if Lambert is sacked, then it will be a foreign manager...

There are many many coaches better than Lambert, Are there many agents better than Mendes? Anyone that could help us attract better players and utilise the foreign markets so well? No.

I am not sure. However, I want Mendes and Fosun here a lot more than I want Paul Lambert

I would like to agree with you, but I am not convinced by Fosun. I know it is old territory, but their year in charge has been disappointing, with two very poor managerial appointments. If Mendes is advising them, then he is not doing a very good job.

Someone on MM saying that Lambert has walked

Back