• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Here's a list of other clubs with billionaire owners that are ever going to appoint Paul Lambert:

This was his final chance at a big project and he's going to walk out on it in a passive-aggressive manner? Very odd indeed.

Lambert's been on the blower to Tim on his day off. Told him he doesn't want to quit.

Well he won't want to quit - he'll want a pay-off... aka having your cake and eating it if you have something else in the pipeline!

These leaks today must have come from either Lambert, or his agent.

Strikes me that he is engineering an exit from the club.

Will be surprised to see him still in charge on Monday.

Well he won't want to quit - he'll want a pay-off... aka having your cake and eating it if you have something else in the pipeline!

He'll get it as well. Fosun will have learnt after the takeover how much damage you can do to your chances before the season has even started, if Lambert threatens to drag this on into the summer Fosu will sack him.

I agree with all of you but if he walks I don't want us appointing Zenga Mk II.

I couldn't give a fuck if Lambert goes, he does absolutely fuck all for me, but we absolutely must get the next appointment right and quickly if it's going to happen. We can't be bringing a new man in at the end of July.

I agree with all of you but if he walks I don't want us appointing Zenga Mk II.

I don't think any of us want that and I can't see Fosun being that stupid again. Got a feeling it will be a better manager from a Mendes stable.

I rate Lambert. I think we would've had a real chance of being one of the top 6 teams next season with him in charge. He's as good as gone now though, Mendes isn't going anywhere.

Fosun siding with the guy who probably introduced them into football ownership and the same guy who they are in business with...that's not being backed into a corner - that is just common sense from Fosun's perspective.

I rate Lambert. I think we would've had a real chance of being one of the top 6 teams next season with him in charge. He's as good as gone now though, Mendes isn't going anywhere.
Yep I agree with this - but he's dug his own grave by the sounds of it.

The Pinkun are saying Webber met with a potential manager last night but wont name who as he's currently employed. Coincidence? Don't think so.

- Lambert leaks a load of details to the press
- Fosun get pissed off and sack him
- Lambert joins Norwich
- Norwich pay no compensation

That is that sorted then...

On what do you base that view? Since Lambert took over, there has been no improvement at all.

On what do you base that view? Since Lambert took over, there has been no improvement at all.

Not true is it...

Pre-Lambert: P16 W4 D5 L7 Pts 17 (1.06 PPG)
Post-Lambert: P30 W12 D5 L13 Pts 41 (1.37 PPG)

Plus the cup run, we hadn't one of any kind since 2008 (and then we only beat Cambridge and Watford rather than Stoke and Liverpool)

Tim Spiers has written a pretty nothing article. I also like his distortion of the facts by saying we're looking for our 4th manager in 10 months.... didn't realise Rob Edwards was hired and sacked in the little spell he had after Zenga

Well that clears it all up. Cheers Tim.

Tim Spiers has written a pretty nothing article. I also like his distortion of the facts by saying we're looking for our 4th manager in 10 months.... didn't realise Rob Edwards was hired and sacked in the little spell he had after Zenga

I think he's counting Ken. It's still bollocks.

The kind of thing, like the Cav slurs I mentioned earlier, that he knows is bollocks as well.

Back