• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Christophe Galtier. If Lambert leaves, he has to be the guy, IMO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't think we'd have much chance of getting him as he's rated as one of the best coaches in France. I've not seen his style of play, what's it like?

Could be the Mirror putting two and two together, or could be some elaborate play to get a payoff from being sacked here before heading home to Norwich.

Occam's razor makes me think it's the former.

Apparently Norwich have said they have a manager lined up who's currently in a job. Strange this has all unfolded from Percy's article

I have a suspicion that Norwich's shortlist consists of one name at present, and there'll only be someone else added if Huddersfield win the playoffs.

I have a suspicion that Norwich's shortlist consists of one name at present, and there'll only be someone else added if Huddersfield win the playoffs.

I would've thought Wagner is the one for Norwich too, however if Wagner is off somewhere else like Soton (Puel is on his way isn't he?) then maybe Lambert is the one they've tapped up. I can only think Lambert wants out of Wolves as Percy's article is beyond stupidity for either Lambert or Thelwell to brief a journalist on. They were always going to lose that power play.

Pat Murphy‏Verified account @patmurphybbc 13m13 minutes ago
More
Lambert getting backed into a corner @Wolves with Fosun siding with Jorge Mendes. Lambert says he doesn't want to quit but players he 1/2

Pat Murphy‏Verified account @patmurphybbc 12m12 minutes ago
More
2/2 wants are getting knocked back by the owners. Lambert happy 2 work with Mendes but wants the final say. He fears Mendes has 2 much clout

Pat Murphy‏Verified account @patmurphybbc 4m4 minutes ago
More
Lambert huge fan of Costa,thinks he could easily end up at Real Madrid,agrees Mendes got that 1 right.But baulks at him getting final say.

This only ends one way then. Fosun won't be fans of this media stuff that is clearly from Lambert.

Lambert considering his future?

‪@tim_spiers_Star ‬Will have the very latest on Paul Lambert's future online shortly. In summary it's pretty messy - but Lambert doesn't want to quit.
Lambert's been on the blower to Tim on his day off. Told him he doesn't want to quit.

If he's suggesting absolute dreck to the board - such as some of the names we've been linked with over the last few days - then they are absolutely within their right to knock them back. They might be rich but they're not going to want their money pissed away on absolute shit like Grant Hanley and Jordan Hugill. There are better players than that in League One. Ones that don't have a head the size of an 80s satellite dish too.

As Kenny says this looks ominous for him and I don't know what he's playing at.

All this crap coming out from Lambert smells like he's trying to create a good media impression in advance of his impending resignation.

I won't miss him.

Its a strange game to play....very high risk indeed

It'll give him an obvious card to play. Experienced proper football man forced out by no nothing foreign types and mercenary agents. The media will lap it up

Surely he knew or appreciated the setup when he took the job ??

I have no idea what Lambert is playing at here. Idiot.

I was quietly optimistic about this summer, Lambert clearly wanted a bit of a clear out, had a few players in mind to sign + a few more from Mendes. Just get your head down, work with Mendes/Fosun and he's got a chance to build a quality team. But no. Far too straightforward.

Back