• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I did like this tweet on Cav:
@tim_spiers_Star 13m13 minutes ago
for £7m+with that talent would expect more. Turned it on for a few games but went missing in far more. Doesn't look like he wants to be here

Behave Timothy - the difference in the middle sentence and the vast majority of the squad is 'turned it on for a few games'. Wolves with Cavaleiro look a better side, and I don't agree with the last part either.

Behave Timothy - the difference in the middle sentence and the vast majority of the squad is 'turned it on for a few games'. Wolves with Cavaleiro look a better side, and I don't agree with the last part either.

He pulls that "goes missing" stuff quite a lot (he even said it about Helder). Not only is it rubbish - if we don't get the ball to those players, I'm not sure what he expects them to do - but it's massively inconsistent. No comment on Dave when he makes <30 passes in an entire game? From central midfield? Because I'd say that very much is "going missing".

I actually am pining for the journalism of Nash.

Spiers is an absolute bellend.

He pulls that "goes missing" stuff quite a lot (he even said it about Helder). Not only is it rubbish - if we don't get the ball to those players, I'm not sure what he expects them to do - but it's massively inconsistent. No comment on Dave when he makes <30 passes in an entire game? From central midfield? Because I'd say that very much is "going missing".

It's horseshit. I'm not sure how anyone can deny that we look much better with Costa or Cav in the side. And we look at our best with Costa AND Cav in the side.

I'd also argue that Cav looks like he wants the ball more than the likes of Edwards who shy away from the thing.

This is the problem always have a dig at the foreign imports who cost a bit and accuse them of hiding.
But leave alone the likes of Edwards, Price, Saville, Doherty, Ikeme, Batth who've regularly not done the business.
God forbid anybody criticise Edwards, I hear journo's like Tim and WM who rave about his scoring record and that he works hard and is a good pro.
Anybody with half a football brain can clearly see that Edwards contribution since January has been negligible.
Take Costa and Cav out that side for the whole season and see where we would have ended up.

I like this reply to Britters on Twitter...:icon_lol:

Replying to @tim_spiers_Star
It's like you working with a bunch of dyslexics at a newspaper mate, you wouldn't want to be there. So I see cavs point of view.

It's horse$#@!. I'm not sure how anyone can deny that we look much better with Costa or Cav in the side. And we look at our best with Costa AND Cav in the side.

I'd also argue that Cav looks like he wants the ball more than the likes of Edwards who shy away from the thing.

I knew you'd come round to my way of thinking on that utter fuckknuckle Spiers. A total cumdrinking wankspangle of a man and an even worse journalist.

I knew you'd come round to my way of thinking on that utter fuckknuckle Spiers. A total cumdrinking wankspangle of a man and an even worse journalist.

Have you and Paddy been reading the Viz Profanasaurus?

Reality is when the chips were really down when we went away to Brentford and we're 1-0 Cav cam on and changed the game and was pivotal in both goals that won the game. Then put in a good performance at Fulham which put us in a position where we really started to move clear of the drop.
It was that run that saved us from disaster and Cav, Costa, Marshall and Weiman were pivotal to it.

I called him out on that Cav nonsense on Twitter when he was banging on about "team players" or something after Derby. Highlighted the win percentages and goals scored with him in the team as opposed to when he didn't start (so this didn't even take into account that we won at Brentford when he didn't start, but it was, as JD says, largely down to his introduction that we did get the three points). Suffice to say the figures are much better when he does play.

Didn't get any response from him at all. Which was entirely predictable. You can prove anything with like, facts and evidence, maaaaan.

I've heard numerous excuses for players not performing this season biggest joke is the fans are to expectant or there's to much pressure from the home crowd, which is complete utter bollocks.
Some need to face the fact that a squad filled with the players we have finishing 15th is about par.
Even if the crowd are expectant deal with it that's what good players do one of the reasons players make it to the top is because they deal well with expectation.
If you can't cope you're not good enough for this level.

I've heard numerous excuses for players not performing this season biggest joke is the fans are to expectant or there's to much pressure from the home crowd, which is complete utter bollocks.
Some need to face the fact that a squad filled with the players we have finishing 15th is about par.
Even if the crowd are expectant deal with it that's what good players do one of the reasons players make it to the top is because they deal well with expectation.
If you can't cope you're not good enough for this level.
Agree with this, good players thrive on the pressure which is why I loved Alex Rae so much.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

In May 2017 he was appointed head coach of Wolverhampton Wanderers succeeding Paul Lambert at the English Championship club. The eccentric Portuguese manager is said to be delighted with his new role and will use his vast knowledge of Nando's to restore harmony amongst the Portuguese contingent of the Wolverhampton first team squad. Spearheading his campaign is said to be castaway Paul Gladon who he recently compared to the late great Eusabio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Couceiro

Agree with this, good players thrive on the pressure which is why I loved Alex Rae so much.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The crowd excuse has been thrown at our fans as long as I can remember and it's only ever comes to note when the team is struggling. Usually come from failed ex players, local press or sanctimonious fans like Charles Ross.

I am not fussed if Lambert leaves (especially if it means Thelwell fucks off too) but Fosun would have to make a successful appointment this time. The Portuguese version of Zenga would indicate that they haven't got a fucking clue what they are doing manager wise. Hopefully it is nothing more than a rumour.

The crowd excuse has been thrown at our fans as long as I can remember and it's only ever comes to note when the team is struggling. Usually come from failed ex players, local press or sanctimonious fans like Charles Ross.

Agreed. I will always remember Mick's first year here. I was at the game at Molineux when we lost 6-0 to Southampton. The fans were fantastic that day and actually applauded the team from the pitch, even though they'd been spanked.

Wolves fans are no different to any other - if you can see the players trying, caring & showing some pride in the shirt, that will go a long way to satisfy the fans, even on the back of a bad result. I'll always remember that game v Southampton with very fond memories, despite the scoreline.

If our current crop of players put in half the effort that the players from that season/era did, along with half the pride in the shirt, we would have finished a lot higher than 15th this season.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-0-southampton-6-39240

The one thing I wouldn't have a go at with our current squad is their effort. In fact that alone has dragged us through a few games. What the majority lack is the footballing ability. If they didn't put the effort in we would have been with Blackburn on the last day rather than on the beach 3 weeks early.

Agreed. I will always remember Mick's first year here. I was at the game at Molineux when we lost 6-0 to Southampton. The fans were fantastic that day and actually applauded the team from the pitch, even though they'd been spanked.

Wolves fans are no different to any other - if you can see the players trying, caring & showing some pride in the shirt, that will go a long way to satisfy the fans, even on the back of a bad result. I'll always remember that game v Southampton with very fond memories, despite the scoreline.

If our current crop of players put in half the effort that the players from that season/era did, along with half the pride in the shirt, we would have finished a lot higher than 15th this season.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-0-southampton-6-39240

This really is the crux of it. Had the effort not been there this season or last the crowd would've turned long ago. They simply have no clue if they think this is vitriolic. Theres been a flashpoint or two, Rotherham and Derby (at half time) but they can count themselves lucky.

Edwards was here (i think) when Keogh was mercilessly jeered and Freddie Eastwood was demanded by thr South Bank so hes seen it. Theres no comparison.

Back