• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

The one thing I wouldn't have a go at with our current squad is their effort. In fact that alone has dragged us through a few games. What the majority lack is the footballing ability. If they didn't put the effort in we would have been with Blackburn on the last day rather than on the beach 3 weeks early.

I'd generally say the fans have been very good this season considering the tripe they've witnessed in home games.
The most poisonous I've seen our crowd was between 2011-2013 with the back to back relegations but I defy any other fans that wouldn't have got on there teams back on those situations.

Fans this season have been brilliant. Tipped over the edge a few times but considering the last 2 seasons it is a miracle that's all there was and then to back up with nearly 15k season ticket sales is outstanding.

Agreed. I will always remember Mick's first year here. I was at the game at Molineux when we lost 6-0 to Southampton. The fans were fantastic that day and actually applauded the team from the pitch, even though they'd been spanked.

Wolves fans are no different to any other - if you can see the players trying, caring & showing some pride in the shirt, that will go a long way to satisfy the fans, even on the back of a bad result. I'll always remember that game v Southampton with very fond memories, despite the scoreline.

If our current crop of players put in half the effort that the players from that season/era did, along with half the pride in the shirt, we would have finished a lot higher than 15th this season.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolves-0-southampton-6-39240

One of the most surreal games I have ever attended. It could be my dodgy memory but I swear we were by far the better team. I'd like to see the shot stats for that match, they can't have had more than 6 shots all game.

One of the most surreal games I have ever attended. It could be my dodgy memory but I swear we were by far the better team. I'd like to see the shot stats for that match, they can't have had more than 6 shots all game.
We were the better team and they had 5 chances to score and took them all and since we couldn't score ourselves we put 1 away for them as well. (Sound like Saunders there!!!)

The fans could see that was a freak game and the like they probably wouldn't see again.

Technically they only had five shots on target because Breen scored an own goal too.

Edit: beat me to it Kenny.

They had 5 shots on target and won 6-0... A mental game and I couldn't believe that we'd played so well and lost by 6

I was hoping that Lambert would leave at the end of the season, but if the rumours about his possible replacement are true, then it shows that Fosun have not learnt a thing.

If we were being linked with AVB, Marco Silva, Luis Enrique and Marcelo Bielsa right now, I doubt anyone would pre-emptively be claiming Fosun to be geniuses so I don't see why they're getting castigated based on a rumour just because it happens to be (on the face of it) a shit manager.

If they appoint him then I'll be having a go at them because this guy's record is pap and there's no excuse regarding timescale this time.

If they appoint him then I'll be having a go at them because this guy's record is pap and there's no excuse regarding timescale this time.

What if his first action as boss is to bin Doherty?

Don't put WM on between 1730-1900 tonight, it'll be Paul Franks wetting his pants at the current situation and rumours he loves a Molineux crisis and if there isn't one he'll do his damn best to create one.

Why would anyone want to listen to Radio WM? Not listened to it for 20 years or so now - if I wanted to listen to baseless arguments voiced purely to get a reaction, I could go to the Current Affairs forum on here.

Why would anyone want to listen to Radio WM? Not listened to it for 20 years or so now - if I wanted to listen to baseless arguments voiced purely to get a reaction, I could go to the Current Affairs forum on here.

I put it on last night because absolute 90's was playing up coming back from Manchester.
Almost certain they don't vet their callers before coming on air if they do they let them on for comedy.
Mostly blues fans raving about Arry and how their gonna challenge next season.
I think it says a lot when they allow Mel Eves in to the studio to co present on occasions.

Might as well make him club captain then

mpbp.gif

I put it on last night because absolute 90's was playing up coming back from Manchester.
Almost certain they don't vet their callers before coming on air if they do they let them on for comedy.
Mostly blues fans raving about Arry and how their gonna challenge next season.
I think it says a lot when they allow Mel Eves in to the studio to co present on occasions.

Possibly the oddest odd ball I've met in a football stadium and that's one high bar.

Christophe Galtier. If Lambert leaves, he has to be the guy, IMO.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

As others have mentioned, almost certainly this is something that Lambert - or someone close to him - has planted in the press via a sympathetic journalist.

Suddenly that weird report that came out a couple of weeks ago about Gallardo makes sense. Serious planning for 17/18 will have started weeks ago, even before safety was confirmed, and if there's been conflict over control of transfers in and out it would make sense that Fosun would be putting out feelers to potential replacements for Lambert should he walk away (and he's done it before, so they must know it's a possibility).

The two key things we don't know now, then:

a) We don't know how serious the tensions are behind the scenes, but the fact that it's come to the stage of planting an article in the Telegraph strikes me as as a bad sign;
b) and we don't know how serious the approaches Fosun have made to other managers in case they need a replacement, but the fact that we've had two different rumours in as many weeks strikes me as indicative of *something* happening off stage.

It could be that this is all a storm in a teacup, and Fosun have simply done due diligence in the same way you'd hope a Director of Football would - in that they'd be building up a dossier of potential managerial appointments just in case, just as a DoF has dossiers of potential transfer targets whenever a specific position requires unexpected reinforcement. Or it could be that they've been going around trying to secure a Lopetegui-style replacement, or a Silva-style one, and, rebuffed by Gallardo, they're now looking at less ambitious potential targets like Couceiro.

Going to be an interesting few weeks, I feel.

Back