• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I daresay we'd fare better with a whole summer behind us rather than cramming them in over a space of about 2 weeks before the start of the season. I suppose in hindsight it's no wonder so many of them didn't do much/anything for us (John, Gladon, Oniangue etc)

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 5m5 minutes ago

Spending £27m and finishing 15th is farcical. Whether you like Lambert or not, poor recruitment can't be blamed on him. Problems lie deeper.

:facepalm:

agree with that actually - I'm not that fussed about Lambert, but Thelwells probably a bigger issue at the moment. The club does need to have a clear and structured strategy. And the coaching and support staff desperately need restructuring.

Lets just say the bit about Mendes controlling all transfers........doesn't effectively mean big Kev would be redundant?

agree with that actually - I'm not that fussed about Lambert, but Thelwells probably a bigger issue at the moment. The club does need to have a clear and structured strategy. And the coaching and support staff desperately need restructuring.

It's clearly a dig at Mendes and the foreign contingent.

Lets just say the bit about Mendes controlling all transfers........doesn't effectively mean big Kev would be redundant?

Its maybe linked to Mendes finding Costa a new home while sorting a replacement out without Lambert having a final say on some deals.

I'm not bothered in the slightest if Lambert leaves, I am if he is replaced by Zenga mkII. If that happened I might go full Frank where Fosun are concerned.

I'm hoping there's more in the Gallardo rumour than this one (although I know nothing about him at all and I've only seen River Plate on Gillette World Sports).

I'm a bit further behind you - I've heard of Gallardo, I've never heard of Jose Couceiro.

Bit of a meltdown on Facebook,lots of people moaning about mendes making too much money out of wolves,quite a few wanting wolves to stop using him,a few saying he'll just supply poor players,a few wanting lambert out,fosun out,lots moaning about fosun being clueless,and a few wanting players who know the league,and 1(me) winding a few people up even more

I think this is one we don't need to keep much of an open mind on. He's never won anything (except the Baltic League, which is about as credible as the Birmingham Senior Cup), he's not young, he doesn't hang around anywhere very long.

I think this is one we don't need to keep much of an open mind on. He's never won anything (except the Baltic League, which is about as credible as the Birmingham Senior Cup), he's not young, he doesn't hang around anywhere very long.

Its only one of many rumours we'll no doubt have this summer.. Im not concerned as we'll not go down the Wenga route again.

If Lambert has leaked that, he can fuck off.

And as for Britney's "contribution" to the debate, what a steaming pile of fucking shite. Abject cuntery from a wankbag local rag journo who is stroking the schlongs of a couple of players he thinks might give him some gen while slagging those that he has no connection with, despite them being infinitely better players everywhere except in his own biased match ratings.

Only just seen all this, what a mess again and could well be another uncertain summer.
Whatever happens the current state of affairs is extremely unhealthy if this article is to be believed.
As someone has alluded to if Mendes is pulling the transfer strings then Thelwells job is surplus to requirement.
Needs sorting ASAP whether Lambert stays or goes can't have the same chaos that proceeded the start of last season which turned out to be a miserable campaign.

Back