• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I'm trying not to get too excited in case it isn't Nuno, if it is I'll crack open the diamond white and celebrate. One thing is for sure having managed in that league not being able to trap or pass a ball won't be tolerated, that gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Sounds like we have players lined up to come as well meaning they can start to integrate on day 1 of pre season.

Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later Thelwell hinted it will be this week but I really hope it's tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I wonder if Tim et al speak in the manner they do because they had a relationship with the current incumbents and could get a decent amount of info. A restructure will mean they might not have the same flow of info and will therefore make their jobs harder.

I just don't see why folk didn't want Lambert to go, what did he do that was so special or is it just Tim and co making it seem that way?

I wonder if Tim et al speak in the manner they do because they had a relationship with the current incumbents and could get a decent amount of info. A restructure will mean they might not have the same flow of info and will therefore make their jobs harder.

I just don't see why folk didn't want Lambert to go, what did he do that was so special or is it just Tim and co making it seem that way?

From what I can gather, those who wanted him to stay feel he didn't have enough time to stamp his philosophy on the team. Plus people are, perhaps rightly, concerned that we are becoming a little "hire and fire". Though KJ was always going and Zenga was simply a poor manager.

I don't think I've seen anyone argue he is a brilliant manager, just that it's too quick to fully judge him.

Plus there are plenty of people who don't know who Nuno is and therefore think "ex-keeper+foreign =Zenga". And maybe a dollop of concern over his Mendes ties, which is rubbish IMO!

Last edited:
My Portuguese mate is messaging me to say we should be avoiding Nuno and that he is just another crap Mendes man, however he is a Sporting fan and particularly hates Mendes and has been warning me from the start we'd become one of his bastard cancer clubs!

He doesn't have the context of having had to struggle through supporting us though so doesn't appreciate that I don't really care!

Luke Hatfield seems like a really fun guy.
Looks like someone regularly participating in spice, or mamba...
Don't get the point of wearing a tie with the top bottom undone. Either wear a tie properly or don't bother at all.
I wear a tie at work, but never do the top button. Not sure why, but I generally don't. Comfort/laziness I guess.

Looks like someone regularly participating in spice, or mamba...

I wear a tie at work, but never do the top button. Not sure why, but I generally don't. Comfort/laziness I guess.

Just don't wear one? Or is that not an option? Ties have become way less common where I work over the last few years.

From what I can gather, those who wanted him to stay feel he didn't have enough time to stamp his philosophy on the team. Plus people are, perhaps rightly, concerned that we are becoming a little "hire and fire". Though KJ was always going and Zenga was simply a poor manager.

I don't think I've seen anyone argue he is a brilliant manager, just that it's too quick to fully judge him.

February was sufficient for me tbh. Frim mid december to 1 march we acquired 4 points I think. Two and a half months of terrible form, masked by the cup wins.

Just don't wear one? Or is that not an option? Ties have become way less common where I work over the last few years.

I don;t always wear one, but I generally do. I like having the "work uniform" to take off at the end of the day. Plus I can smarten up a bit (lol) if called in to an emergency/big hitter meeting.
I usually get in and start working, and after about 2 hours remember I haven't changed out of my trainers!

February was sufficient for me tbh. Frim mid december to 1 march we acquired 4 points I think. Two and a half months of terrible form, masked by the cup wins.

Month by month (league only):

Nov: P2 W0 D1 L1
Dec: P6 W3 D1 L2
Jan: P4 W2 D1 L1
Feb: P5 W0 D0 L5
Mar: P5 W3 D1 L1
Apr: P8 W3 D1 L4
May: P1 W1 D0 L0

Fair play to Jeff Shi and all involved.

They took their time, looked at the options and made the right decision. These guys are pro's, they're not gonna settle for mediocrity, and let's be honest, most of what was served up by Lambert was mediocre.

We have needed this kind of decisiveness at Wolves for ages, and a clear out was the only way. Just wish Thelwell would be next.

Fair play to Jeff Shi and all involved.

They took their time, looked at the options and made the right decision. These guys are pro's, they're not gonna settle for mediocrity, and let's be honest, most of what was served up by Lambert was mediocre.

We have needed this kind of decisiveness at Wolves for ages, and a clear out was the only way. Just wish Thelwell would be next.

My concern is that Thelwell staying means that his favourites will be in the starting line up come August.

I think Thelwell's link to the first team has been damaged beyond repair.

My concern is that Thelwell staying means that his favourites will be in the starting line up come August.
If you think Nuno is coming in to be told who he can and cannot play then you need your bumps felt sir.

Don't worry about Thelwell, his influence at the club has been massively reduced today. Tomorrow could see that reduce even more and don't be surprised if his job description changes.

He won't have any influence on what happens with the 1st team.

If you think Nuno is coming in to be told who he can and cannot play then you need your bumps felt sir.

Don't worry about Thelwell, his influence at the club has been massively reduced today. Tomorrow could see that reduce even more and don't be surprised if his job description changes.

He won't have any influence on what happens with the 1st team.

I accept what you say, and many would agree that my bumps need feeling... But if his influence has been massively reduced, why not just pay him off with the other members of the coaching staff?

Thank you, but why has he again be spared in the cull?

No idea, but given recent developments I don't think he'll have anywhere near as much sway (if any at all) when it comes to recommending first team signings, hasn't he worked with them youth before? Maybe he'll follow Mountain into a less dangerous position.

He signed Hause and Evans for us. Whatever you think of them as players that was some handy business for under £500k the pair.

If that's where his focus is then fine.

I accept what you say, and many would agree that my bumps need feeling... But if his influence has been massively reduced, why not just pay him off with the other members of the coaching staff?

I think he does have a decentish record with developing kids/younger players? Maybe that's why he's not great at buying mature players as he's looking for the same qualities

No problem with him handling that sort of recruitment.

Back