• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

It was probably me wording things badly. Yes I wanted Lambert to leave, but somewhere along the line we need someone who will be given and take the opportunity to build the team he wants.

I must admit to knowing very little about Nuno, but from what I have heard and read, then yes, I think he will be an improvement on Lambert.

I don't think anybody would disagree with your last line. Will you stop attacking the owners now?

It was probably me wording things badly. Yes I wanted Lambert to leave, but somewhere along the line we need someone who will be given and take the opportunity to build the team he wants.

I must admit to knowing very little about Nuno, but from what I have heard and read, then yes, I think he will be an improvement on Lambert.

Fair enough - we are in agreement then!

Great read DW.
For me, now I have calmed down my own life I see fosun at wolves in a simple way.
They are like a man who has driven a Morris minor all his life being given a new Ferrari. He will either become Nigel Mansell, or hit the first motorway bridge he comes to and say bye bye.
Mendez for me is just a mechanic , he does what he does , gets his wedge and someone else benefits from the brake change but maybe suffers from the forgotten oil change.

I think I've found a Wolves fan on Facebook who has been in a coma for three years... "They want a new Board room,thats where the trouble lies it's alright blaming, lambert the big boy are at fault and have been for the last couple of seasonn,all the are interested in is lining their pockets,money and Greed that's what football is about today."

When it was pointed out that Morgan and Moxey were gone and the new owners were rich and would buy players he came back with... "You live in hope,i. Don't hold much faith money is no good in the bank, they have got to spend, and quickl"

:icon_eek:

He was then told that spending £27m last season wasn't "keeping it in the bank"

Big difference this time round Nuno will have all summer to prepare and I'm almost certain players are already being lined up.
Compared to Zenga being appointed 1 week before the season and the chaos in August.

I think I've found a Wolves fan on Facebook who has been in a coma for three years... "They want a new Board room,thats where the trouble lies it's alright blaming, lambert the big boy are at fault and have been for the last couple of seasonn,all the are interested in is lining their pockets,money and Greed that's what football is about today."

When it was pointed out that Morgan and Moxey were gone and the new owners were rich and would buy players he came back with... "You live in hope,i. Don't hold much faith money is no good in the bank, they have got to spend, and quickl"

:icon_eek:

He was then told that spending £27m last season wasn't "keeping it in the bank"

That is the reason I don't look at facebook. The sheer level of fuckwittery makes twitter look positively Shakespearean.

I don't feel PL ever really did enough to cement his place at the club. The football we played occasionally showed some structure and ability but ultimately he got stuck in a rut with the tactics that beat Liverpool.

Though as has been stated, he did well to blood some kids, and got some great cup runs. Unfortunately the football was often tinged with negativity, Burton and Bristol away were two particularly harrowing games, though The Blackburn game was also dreadful.

Also, I'm pleased with the decision as this means we are unlikely to sign Weimann, who I don't rate, and I really don't like it when he plays wide.

That is the reason I don't look at facebook. The sheer level of fuckwittery makes twitter look positively Shakespearean.
Its so easy to bypass without gaining a nice big blood vessel in the neck...

Britney isn't overjoyed with the club is he,and I think he's already decided to be against the new manager

I don't think anybody would disagree with your last line. Will you stop attacking the owners now?

While its obviously far too early to be saying this is their last chance to get things right, they have had a long time to source this coach (my guesswork) and along with his links to Mendes, they should have everything lined up to suit what they want, including plenty of time during the closed season. If it doesn't work out then I think there will be plenty of people attacking the owners.......comes with the territory. Personally I'm feeling very positive, looking forward to seeing what changes to playing staff they will make.

Lambert's statement via the LMA

I would like to say goodbye and thank you to the supporters of Wolverhampton Wanderers for their backing throughout last season. I thoroughly enjoyed my time as head coach of the club and I wish everyone at Wolves the very best of luck next season and beyond.

“We have had some great moments to look back on, especially the performances in the FA Cup against Liverpool and Stoke, and I’m confident that this current group of lads can push on next season to compete with the best in the league.

“It’s a great club which is fortunate to have some incredibly dedicated staff throughout. I’d like to thank the board and everyone at the club, from the Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground to Molineux, for their hard work and efforts in supporting the first team this year.

“Although it is disappointing to be leaving after only a short period of time, I hope to enjoy a short break with my family this summer before preparing myself for my next challenge in football"

Lambert says he thinks this group of players can challenge at the top of the league, sorry Paul no they can't.

Sounds like he has already agreed a deal with someone I'll bet it's Norwich.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If it is they are sacking their new manager quickly

Lambert says he thinks this group of players can challenge at the top of the league, sorry Paul no they can't.

Norwich appointed Daniel Farke last week

Back