• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

hopefully articles like that will encourage the owners and club to prove them wrong.

highlighting risks is ok but the article is OTT. nobody can say we are guaranteed success with any particular manager.

I think "doing things the right way" are just words you use when you end up replacing Mick McCarthy with Terry Connor. usually its an excuse or the second prize for not getting what you want. replacements happen all the time in football, everyone knows it. look at ranieri.

Birmingham Mail article full of shit. Facebook is similar, seeing posts like "Fosun=Venkys" and shit like that. Yeah, Venkys have spent £20m on two exciting attacking Portuguese players recently.

I am/was quite meh on Lambert. Wasn't really demanding he go a couple of weeks ago, but not really seen enough over 6 months to suggest he was definitely the man to move us forward either. Not sure where this love-in for him is coming from. Anfield performance?

Yeah, I find the love-in about as daft as the mega hate. Sure, you can argue he didn't get the chance to make the squad his own, but he didn't help himself on occasions either. He was certainly expendable without his position being untenable (until the leak to the press - if it was him, etc etc)! Obviously we'll never know what might have been, but I very much doubt we'll look back in future years and kick ourselves for binning him.

Really excited by this huge clear out. Just what's needed and gives us a chance with a new approach both on and off the pitch.

This kind of mass clear out has been needed for a while, hopefully it continues with the players. Success may not come straight away but I think this puts us in a far better position than if we kept papering over the cracks like we have done for years. Whether people like the Mendes connection or not, it is Fosun's choice and they need a manager/head coach who fits in with that system. Lambert never would have been that. Exciting times, just hope it all plays out positively this time!

This is actually the first time that Fosun have had the time to evaluate, and make an informed decision with the mid-long term in mind. Zenga was a panic and shit yourself appointment after Lopetigiu didn't come off, and Silva turned us down. Lambert was pretty much the best available manager after we needed a safe pair of hands after the bald idiot did what he does. I don't think Lambert was ever anything other than a caretaker manager as far as Fosun were concerned. Nuno is clearly a man they've thought long and hard about, done their due diligence on, and (hopefully!) employed. He'll know exactly what kind of set up he's walking in to, and I think he'll be given the tools to have a real good stab at the top 2 this year.

Thanks for Anfield Paul.

Excited to finally get going under Fosun after stalling in the first season.

It also means that we can be confident that everyone is puling in the same direction, owners, manager and agent. Nuno will know what to expect - players provided by an agent, players who would never rock up at Molineux otherwise.

Not everyone is going to be comfortable with this, and the players we bring in won't have any loyalty to the club....they will be part of a wider plan. But this is huge - we are being set up for something way beyond "getting to the promised land". You don't bring in a manager of this ilk to bounce between two divisions. I'm looking forward to the ride.

I'm quietly optimistic for the new season,we're in a better place than this time last year,when we had a want away owner,apathetic manager,no apparent money and were looking for bargains like lonergan,I'm just hoping there's a bit more of the playing staff told to leave as well,and that the young talent we have get given a chance.

Not overly fussed that Lambert has gone, he presided over a mediocre period (barring a couple of matches) & at least this is a proper clear out rather than just sticking a new head on a dysfunctional body.

The fact that Thelwell survives means that he must have been prepared to accept the role that Fosun have dictated for him - hopefully with less input is first team signings

The B'ham mail article is laughable, but expected & only written to cause controversy.

Again will be more than just interesting to see what happens next - hope is always an exciting prospect when watching football

Ha, I noticed that too.

Good blog Dan. I previously felt very ambivalent too, that if Lambert stayed we would progress BUT not quite to play off challenging next season. It took Mick three years so I was fairly prepared to be patient but when I saw who we were being linked with, and he has already bought in this make up of player (though I do rate Marshall, Weimann 'meh') coupled with some of the football we have had to witness I'm fairly happy we have moved him on.

When he was appointed (like with Zenga) it felt like a stop gap until we could get someone of Lopetegui/Silva's calibre, and this is what we have now. May, or may not work but it's a damn sight more exciting and I feel more confident about quick promotion.

Another good read - nice to be able to read something on the subject that isn't filled with hyperbole and looks at both sides of the argument! Nice work, sir.

Tim Spiers isn't pleased with Fosun. He REALLY needs to get over it and get on with his job.

It's quite odd how the media are almost all up in arms over this decision, yet the fans are mainly on the owners' side.

Good article DW, you should be going for Britney's job!

I think most of the things I've read, apart from Lambert wasn't given a chance, seem to be leaning more towards worrying over agents over involvements in the running of the club ?

Back