• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

One thing about Fosun, they certainly like to get through their managers. Hopefully now there will be a period of stability at the club. I don't like the way we have become a club that changes manager every few months. The next manager needs to be given time to get things right.

One thing about Fosun, they certainly like to get through their managers. Hopefully now there will be a period of stability at the club. I don't like the way we have become a club that changes manager every few months. The next manager needs to be given time to get things right.

....but you wanted Lambert out?

So we should've just kept Kenny Jackett and hoped for the best?
Or kept Zenga and hoped he turned things around?
Or not taken the opportunity to bring in a highly rated manager who should be WAY out of our league?

I think most of the things I've read, apart from Lambert wasn't given a chance, seem to be leaning more towards worrying over agents over involvements in the running of the club ?

Lambert, if he worked correctly within our club structure, would tell the DoF that he wanted a "defender". DoF brings out the list of players we have scouted and believe will improve our starting XI and Lambert chooses the player he wants.

Lambert tells Mendes he wants a "defender" and Mendes gives him a list of players available to Wolves and he chooses the one he wants.

He came here as "Head Coach" and knew the set up...If he didn't, what did he talk about in his interview?

Instead, if the story is to be believed, he spat his dummy because he wasn't allowed to dictate who we bought from his list of players he's worked with before and a big lump of a forward

Sky Sports sources say Santo to be revealed as manager within the next 24 hours

Which goes against what you've been saying about Lambert since he was appointed....!

He came here as "Head Coach" and knew the set up...If he didn't, what did he talk about in his interview?

This is the part I'm confused with - he knew our links to Mendes. Unless Fosun moved the goalposts after initial conversations as to how often we'd use his clients, I can't understand why this is now an issue? And if the relationship HAS been changed, sort it out in-house rather than leaking your frustrations to the press.

Lambert leaves...... Next!

Not a tear shed here. Glad several others are following.!

Now pass me the popcorn as this is now going to be very very interesting

Presumably Nuno has been promised considerable backing in player purchases or decent picks from the Mendes roster. By the sounds of it he wouldn't have had trouble finding work at a higher profile club than Wolves so he must be confident that he'll get whatever he needs here.

How very fucking exciting. Why anyone would be getting their panties in a bunch of Paul Lambert, I don't know. Nothing against the guy, but I don't recall anyone saying that he was the guy who would take us to promotion and beyond. Seems to me he's an employee who failed his six-month probation period and has been let go.

I don't think they like doing it. I wouldn't say they are like the nutter that had Leeds who liked firing managers so much, he re-hired them just to do it again.

I think (hope) what we are seeing now is what Fosun wanted to do a year ago but the takeover got delayed by the FL and the rest is history.

Which goes against what you've been saying about Lambert since he was appointed....!

I don't think it does. Lambert was a poor appointment, but my point was that Fosun quickly lost faith in two managers, and at some time they need to give a manager a decent chance to build his own team.

I don't think it does. Lambert was a poor appointment, but my point was that Fosun quickly lost faith in two managers, and at some time they need to give a manager a decent chance to build his own team.

But you said this a few weeks ago:

I was hoping that Lambert would leave at the end of the season, but if the rumours about his possible replacement are true, then it shows that Fosun have not learnt a thing.

So I'm a bit confused. The first post says you want Fosun to give the manager more time, but the next one says you wanted him to leave at the end of the season? The only similarity I can see in these 2 posts is an attack on the owners.

Anyway, are you happy to effectively swap Lambert for Nuno? I am - and I was one of those people who was more than willing to give Lambert the benefit of the doubt.

It was probably me wording things badly. Yes I wanted Lambert to leave, but somewhere along the line we need someone who will be given and take the opportunity to build the team he wants.

I must admit to knowing very little about Nuno, but from what I have heard and read, then yes, I think he will be an improvement on Lambert.

Think it's fair to say Nuno will need us in the top 10 by Xmas and challenging. Can see Franks point about constant chopping and changing. Whilst I'm a bit excited by this appointment the jury is still out.
As for Lambert his time here was a bit like my school report did the bare minimum to get by.
Some good cup games but I think he was dug out of hole in the league by Cav and Costa in that 5 Game winning run.

Back