• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

They can continue to cosy up to sentiment, however sentiment gets you nowhere. Wolves will still be meandering around The Championship, and will always be the bridesmaids if we keep certain old skool mentalities. Yes its a gamble but it needs to be done, things and people need stripping and Fosun have finally got the message.

I wouldnt worry about any article. Somebody has to right good things about Fosun and others have to write negatives. Thats where debate comes from. If we all agree then we would be in North Korea now.

'Don't understand the history of the club.'

I think they do. That's why they decided to change everything.

Good god that's sour grapes, perhaps someone should remind him that our new Head Coach will now forever have on his CV ... Valencia, Porto, Wolves.

Fuck me, Thelwell must be an absolute genius at the rest of his job because he's fucking useless when it comes to player recruitment and contracts!

That Birmingham Mail article :icon_lol:

The "club" never did that.
The point is also missed (although I don't know how well known this is) that KJ was interviewed for the job when Fosun took over the club and he was completely defeatist in his attitude ie he had already resigned himself to the fact the new owners would want someone new. The board were, by all accounts, disappointed that KJ was so lacklustre when interviewed. I'm not saying they would have kept him on in any event, but he certainly did himself no favours.

The Birmingham Mail should have a look in their own city for a shabbily treated manager...

Quite unprofessional to be so scathing.

"I have a deep mistrust for the whole Mendes arrangement, certainly it is hard to see what favours it has done the club to date."

Helder Costa (cough, cough)

"What happened at clubs like Aston Villa is that instead of cutting out the root of the problem, there was a constant repetition of trying to change things with a new coat of paint."

All staff removed from first team duty, hardly no changes there...

Quite unprofessional to be so scathing.

It's an opinion piece. Plenty of shit to be found within it for sure. I'll always view Lambert's reign as 'mixed' - the jury was still out for me, I'm not delighted he's gone but will be happy if his replacement is a better manager which appears to be the case. So I don't disagree with ALL of that article, just the vast majority of it!!

Quite a sad end to an appointment that promised quite a bit. I'll wait and see what the next few months have in store before passing judgement on what may or may not be a fantastic appointment. Whoever gets brought in will be doing so with open eyes, and happy to work within Fosun's framework, which should only benefit the club. Ever the optimist, I am hoping that this time, all the pieces fit together and we will finally see some progress. But as it's us, won't be entirely surprised if it doesnt

I suppose this is showing a ruthlessness that we've perhaps needed but not exercised for a very long time. Now they need to exercise the same behaviour on the playing staff.

It's an opinion piece. Plenty of shit to be found within it for sure. I'll always view Lambert's reign as 'mixed' - the jury was still out for me, I'm not delighted he's gone but will be happy if his replacement is a better manager which appears to be the case. So I don't disagree with ALL of that article, just the vast majority of it!!

It's alright, I'm writing one you can disagree with as we speak :D

Birmingham Mail article full of shit. Facebook is similar, seeing posts like "Fosun=Venkys" and shit like that. Yeah, Venkys have spent £20m on two exciting attacking Portuguese players recently.

I am/was quite meh on Lambert. Wasn't really demanding he go a couple of weeks ago, but not really seen enough over 6 months to suggest he was definitely the man to move us forward either. Not sure where this love-in for him is coming from. Anfield performance?

Back