• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Looking like Fosun have decided the direction of travel & clearly Lambert is not going to fit & be able to drive that vehicle. Best to make the break & hopefully make a full clear out of the assistant drivers.

Whether it works we will see in a few months. Knee jerk reactions from some (elsewhere) are pointless until we can see how the new car performs

Need someone to do the filing I guess

How on earth does this guy keep surviving? I really hope that isn't true.

it may be that his work behind the scenes is good, who knows. We have a fairly productive academy at the moment and we have signed some good young players from lower divisions etc. As long as he is kept away from first team recruitment I don't care. His role has been undermined anyway.

If Mendes is getting a bigger say and Jeff getting heavily involved then Thelwell will basically be looking after the U23's and below. Fine by me

He needs to be kept away from contractual discussions and recommendations, the decision to give Edwards, EEL etc... new contracts is inexcusable.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I've no idea what Thelwell's actual role is. It can't primarily be recruitment for the first team otherwise he'd have been sacked months ago.

If Mendes is getting a bigger say and Jeff getting heavily involved then Thelwell will basically be looking after the U23's and below. Fine by me

Yep...He has done ok spotting up and coming talent but just seems to sign duds when it comes to first team players

I have zero sympathy for Lambert due to the negative boring, shit football he played. At least Walter had a go!
I would rather have someone with an attacking outlook so that I can at least enjoy matches again. If PL had got
us promoted we'd just be attritional and players bought in to that end. (at great cost)
How is Jeff supposed to sell last season in the far east must be embarrassed by it.

We went through runs of scoring plenty under Lambert. Basically though it only happened when we had both Costa and Cav on the pitch. If one or both were missing then forget it.

Zenga finished off with six goals in his final six games in charge, one a wide free kick which went straight in, one last minute 3 on 1 breakaway when Brentford were chasing a goal and one penalty, so it was hardly the land of carefree attacking football when he was doing his performing seal act on the touchline. His full backs barely crossed the halfway line by the end.

I'm coming to the conclusion that I've no idea what Thelwell's actual role is. It can't primarily be recruitment for the first team otherwise he'd have been sacked months ago.

Of course, the club have no obligation to tell us exactly what KT's job role is. But if they want to stop a lot of the negativity aimed in his direction, perhaps now would the right time to tell us exactly what his role at the club is going to be moving forward.

Of course, the club have no obligation to tell us exactly what KT's job role is. But if they want to stop a lot of the negativity aimed in his direction, perhaps now would the right time to tell us exactly what his role at the club is going to be moving forward.

If - as expected - the whole coaching staff is being replaced, you'd think there'd be an explanation of how the new set up will work, who reports to who etc etc.

After reading many posts on here re getting a manager in with "championship experience", it was interesting to read this quote from David Wagner after Huddersfield's win yesterday:

"Since I arrived, I was always in confrontation of having no experience in English football, no experience in this league, no experience of not having a winter break, no experience of play-offs.

"Experience is important, but if you have passion, desire and ideas, you can match it.

"I'm so happy we've proven this is possible and we've brought this fairytale to a happy ending."

Wagner has done a terrific job for them, something I would love us to emulate this season. I will be even more impressed if he can keep them up, can't see it happening though.

Contracts, philosophy, coaching plans. If he's had that taken off him and Gareth Prosser is doing a fine job then I don't see the point in retaining him.

Wagner has done a terrific job for them, something I would love us to emulate this season. I will be even more impressed if he can keep them up, can't see it happening though.

True, unfortunately. I can only see one ending to their fairytale next season, and that's relegation.

Their Prince will turn out to be a frog after all ...

True, unfortunately. I can only see one ending to their fairytale next season, and that's relegation.

Their Prince will turn out to be a frog after all ...

People thought they'd be relegated this season. I like the way his team plays and depending on his spending I think they may stay up. Izzy Brown on loan with Tammy Abraham, Mooy and a couple of Germans and I think they'll be better than Burnley, Brighton, Palace, Bournemouth and Swansea.

Mooy was garbo in the playoffs, I like him but I'm not sure he's really a PL player.

I suppose the issue is that he's got them incredibly well drilled and performing way above the sum of their abilities. Is he going to be able to swap new, superior players in seamlessly, are they going to buy into everything that he wants?

I doubt they care too much about that for now. Expectations will be very low whatever happens and we've seen countless times how teams like that can catch established clubs on the hop early on. I'd say one of their biggest issues is that they lack pace all over the pitch. Probably why our mate Raj (who is still utterly shit) has played quite a lot this season, he's one of the few they've got who can stretch a game (and dribble it straight out of play or spanner a cross into the crowd).

They're going to need a lot of work but I don't doubt Wagner isn't capable of doing it. They brought in 13 players last season. Having said that they've lost Webber and we don't know how instrumental he was in that.

Back