• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Pat Murphy‏Verified account @patmurphybbc 7m7 minutes ago

Understand Lambert's departure from @Wolves will b confirmed tomorrow morning.Nuno Santo taking over with his own support staff. A clear-out

Pat Murphy‏Verified account @patmurphybbc 5m5 minutes ago

Jeff Shi will take a bigger role in daily running of @Wolves with Mendes prevailing over Lambert. Santo client of Mendes.PL had no chance.

Pat Murphy‏Verified account @patmurphybbc 2m2 minutes ago

Lambert wanted to stay but didn't want players forced on him. Santo a/v & will bring in his own back-up team. Lambert expendable. No contest

That is such bitter bullshit from Murphy...he seems to get himself very involved in backing average, British managers and trotting out the "never given a chance" bollocks. Did he see where we finished last season and the shite team selections trotted out by Lambert and Jackett before him? Just fuck off and concentrate on the crap going on at Villa and Blues

That is such bitter bullshit from Murphy...he seems to get himself very involved in backing average, British managers and trotting out the "never given a chance" bollocks. Did he see where we finished last season and the shite team selections trotted out by Lambert and Jackett before him? Just fuck off and concentrate on the crap going on at Villa and Blues
I don't see any bitterness in those tweets TBH.

Will britney have a meltdown if/when? Nino is appointed? Will he trot out the old lambert wasn't given a fair crack,nuno has no championship experience,and all the usual nonsense?
Did see earlier someone's already got a chant for nuno if he turns up,it's the old 2 unlimited track no limits,
"Nuno nuno nuno nuno nuno nuno,there's no limit"

Im pretty sure the press will trot out that were a "mess of a club" as usual but im pretty pretty pretty excited.

I don't see any bitterness in those tweets TBH.

"Lambert expendable, no contest" to name just one

I really can't stand Murphy so I suppose it could just be me. :icon_lol:

Must say I'm coming round to this Mendes bloke. I'll forgive Zenga (not sure he was entirely his choice, to be honest) but he has certainly hit more times than he has missed: Costa, Cav and now a manager who has gotten Valencia to 4th and Porto to 2nd.

When you compare this with Thelwell's record, well...

This is the media in general isn't it though, there is a big old pals act in English football where you are expected to be able to have the bantz with Brazil, Quinny and Deano talking about the good old days and how many pints would be consumed before an important game, etc that these 'foreign lot' don't fit into. Prepare for a roasting off Franksie and Talksport when this is confirmed and we have had the cheek to bin off Lambo and his mediocrity for some unknown foreign guy who fits into our brave new dawn.

Fuck'em, I am really excited about this!

I think anything is possible if we are going to be managed by the 'holy spirit / ghost' :)

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti..

i'll have the Bauhaus on tomorrow

This is an excellent appointment for a mid table (at best) 2nd division club. You would also hope he's bringing or been promised some decent players if he's prepared to come here with all the risks associated.

Some snippets from Tim Nash:

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 46m46 minutes ago
I believe Paul Lambert was finally told of his fate on Friday and the @Wolves backroom staff were told today they were being moved on.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 43m43 minutes ago
Nuno Espirito Santo is expected to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday to start his new role as @Wolves head coach along with a new backroom staff.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 40m40 minutes ago
Fosun-Mendes ties very strong and not to be under-estimated. Eg Mendes may have offered PL 100 LBs worldwide but he wanted his own choice.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 31m31 minutes ago
Fosun are unhappy with the inconsistency of team changes - as well as results - under Lambert.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 28m28 minutes ago
Despite being eyed by Arsenal and Chelsea, Helder Costa is said to be happy being the 'big fish' at @Wolves. Maybe the Portuguese influence?

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 16m16 minutes ago
Feeling is clean sweep needed on the football management side. Not sure how many staff or who is going but Nuno bringing in his own.

The meltdown has started on the south bank Facebook page,lots of what are they doing,disgusting how lambert so been treated,too much mendes running the club,lots of foreign rubbish coming in,they're killing our club etc etc

Some snippets from Tim Nash:

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 46m46 minutes ago
I believe Paul Lambert was finally told of his fate on Friday and the @Wolves backroom staff were told today they were being moved on.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 43m43 minutes ago
Nuno Espirito Santo is expected to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday to start his new role as @Wolves head coach along with a new backroom staff.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 40m40 minutes ago
Fosun-Mendes ties very strong and not to be under-estimated. Eg Mendes may have offered PL 100 LBs worldwide but he wanted his own choice.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 31m31 minutes ago
Fosun are unhappy with the inconsistency of team changes - as well as results - under Lambert.

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 28m28 minutes ago
Despite being eyed by Arsenal and Chelsea, Helder Costa is said to be happy being the 'big fish' at @Wolves. Maybe the Portuguese influence?

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 16m16 minutes ago
Feeling is clean sweep needed on the football management side. Not sure how many staff or who is going but Nuno bringing in his own.

Quote number 4 was a major reason he had to go, for me

This is an absolutely stunning appointment if it turns out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The meltdown has started on the south bank Facebook page,lots of what are they doing,disgusting how lambert so been treated,too much mendes running the club,lots of foreign rubbish coming in,they're killing our club etc etc

There really are some plebs who support us! "We should keep a British manager who barely kept us from relegation over a serious upgrade"
I saw 2 post earlier, "No, no NO!" to Nuno and "WHO!"
My god, you can click onto the E&S site so how about using Google

I despair at some of the bollocks I'm seeing I really do.

12 months ago we were stagnating under Morgan & Moxey with Beige Ken deliberating whether to give Adam Le Fondre a contract or not and predictions that any takeover may be years away. Now we are owned by successful Chinese billionaires, we have one of the finest players to wear old gold (orange) in many years on the books, we have broken our transfer record twice in less than a year and have ambitious owners unwilling to accept mid table mediocrity and learning from their mistakes and about to appoint what, on papers, looks like one of the brightest young coaches in Europe.

Some fans deserve the shit we used to be.

Supporting Wolves is interesting again, thanks to Fosun.

Last edited:
Quote number 4 was a major reason he had to go, for me

Results were wildly up and down, that was fair to say. Don't think consistency of selection was too much of an issue. He didn't dick around with the keepers until Ikeme broke for the millionth time, as much as it makes me vomit Coady and Doherty were obviously the first choice full backs. Edwards played pretty much every minute of every game. He let partnerships run at centre half where appropriate, Stearman/Batth and Hause/Batth both got a fair run out. Costa always played when he was fit bar Barnsley away. Once they'd got fit, Weimann and Marshall also pretty much always started. Doesn't leave much for him to allegedly mess with, and when players are underperforming or just flat out not delivering then you can't blame him for changing it around. Neither Bod nor Dicko were scoring so he swapped them around a fair bit, no problem there. No-one in midfield was making a proper case so you can see why he tried a few different things (I think Ronan would have started regularly if he hadn't got injured).

Plenty to pick at him during his tenure without resorting to that, Britney is just guessing though. For instance I am 99% sure that Arsenal and Chelsea are NOT actively pursuing Helder.

"Lambert expendable, no contest" to name just one

I really can't stand Murphy so I suppose it could just be me. :icon_lol:

But he's right, isn't he?

I don't like Murphy either but there's no agenda in the content on these tweets IMO. Lambert is expendable - I've been one of those who were willing to give him a chance next season but you won't hear a word of complaint from me if we replace him and the whole coaching staff for Nuno and the Nunoettes.

Nuno and the Nunoettes,like it,and as always with random words or phrases,you must say,their peel session was fantastic

"12 months ago we were stagnating under Morgan & Moxey with Beige Ken deliberating whether to give Adam Le Fondre a contract or mot"

To be fair, there's no way he'd have passed his MOT.

I despair at some of the bollocks I'm seeing I really do.

12 months ago we were stagnating under Morgan & Moxey with Beige Ken deliberating whether to give Adam Le Fondre a contract or not and predictions that any takeover may be years away. Now we are owned by successful Chinese billionaires, we have one of the finest players to wear old gold (orange) in many years on the books, we have broken our transfer record twice in less than a year and have ambitious owners unwilling to accept mid table mediocrity and learning from their mistakes and about to appoint what, on papers, looks like one of the brightest young coaches in Europe.

Some fans deserve the $#@! we used to be.

Supporting Wolves is interesting again, thanks to Fosun.

I have some sympathy for Lambert, but none at all for the rest of the coaching staff. But this comment is exactly right: you only have to look at the team that played in our 0-4 to Swansea to realise how far we've come.

Back