• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

How do you know that is exactly what happened?

We don't know anything for sure, but if the leak is legitimate (and we've seen nothing to suggest it isn't), then that is the most logical and simplest conclusion to draw.

No - that was Roberts playing for Albion. Fan ran out of the South Bank.

Game that Stowell got crocked and Bennett had to go in goal.

Fan ran out of the John Ireland stand. I know because he did so from a seat right by me :D

Fan ran out of the John Ireland stand. I know because he did so from a seat right by me :D

I bow to your greater knowledge.

Fuck me that was a wet BCD. Not quite as bad as the playoff game, but when I came off the South Bank the dye had run in my jeans and my legs were blue. Only time that has happened since was the infamous Chesterfield monsoon.

No - that was Roberts playing for Albion. Fan ran out of the South Bank.

Game that Stowell got crocked and Bennett had to go in goal.

That was a great game. Got vague memories of Don Goodman being clean through near the end only to hit it weakly at Bennett.

Now that would be hysterical if Sunderland poach Lambert and we get Compo! Also we can then dodge Hanley its a double bonus. Shame about Weimann if he went there from Derby rather than here but ambivalent with Ruddy. He woul;d be an improvement on Ikeme but there are others around, just as good, just as available so not panicking .

The day I start panicking about HITC guesswork* is the day I think I should just turn off my Internet permanently.

FWIW I don't think we're keeping Lambert, not an earthly. We won't get compensation because we're not going to hang on to him until someone poaches him. We no longer want what he can offer, that's the gamble we're taking because who's to say his replacement will be any better.

*They do sometimes get some ok info, but they also release a hell of a lot of speculative crap just for content's sake. That's the game though when you're a site of that type in the current environment. It's not hard to link Lambert with three players he's worked with before, one who is on a free, one clearly unwanted by his parent club and loaned by Lambert just four months ago, and one who is now clearly surplus at his current club due to being nothing like PL quality.

I definitely don't want Hanley and I don't really want Ruddy, if they go elsewhere then that's no problem at all as far as I'm concerned. I'd take Ruddy over no-one and sticking with Ikeme, but not much more than that. Hanley is fucking shit.

Weimann is alright but I'm not going to shed any tears if I never see him in a gold shirt again.

Weimann is an okay footballer technique wise but physically and tactically I don't know what he offers a side, he isn't a true 9, or a 10 or a winger or even wide attacker in a 3. I wouldn't know what to do with him.

Apologies if this has been posted before or common knowledge, but I finally got round to digging out an article I vaguely remembered about Nuno's background, just for interest. Worth a look, not least it reads less like a GCSE piece of creative writing than most of Sid Lowe's stuff:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...eicester-champions-league-nuno-espirito-santo

Cheers, enjoyed that.
Likes to view how his teams perform from behind the goal and not the side...i agree with that.

Seems like tomorrow will be the day then for sure. Big clear out of senior squad staff?

Seems like tomorrow will be the day then for sure. Big clear out of senior squad staff?
Hope so. Making 1 change won't make much difference. It has to be a complete change to give the club a fresh outlook.

Nothing against any of our coaching team (except Mountain) but a new manager being told Doherty, Edwards etc are good enough for the top 6 of this division is just wasting everyone's time.

I really hope this is the case as we need to move on as a club and as long as the same staff are here i don't feel we will. I would like Thelwell to go too but that may be asking too much. Obviously we don't get to see what happens day to day but when Edwards was in charge he left a bad impression and Mountain does every week with his tame and very poor warming up of the keepers.

If it is Nuno I don't think he'd come without bringing his own people with him. He seems the sort that has a group he trusts and doesn't want broken up. He has already talked in the past about working with Cathro again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back