• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I didn't expect Fosun to turn us into Real Madrid, but I certainly didn't expect two poor managerial appointments, and performances and league position very similar to the season before under Kenny Jackett.

And I ask yet again, as I have done repeatedly, what makes people think Fosun will turn things around?

The performances weren't the same as under Jackett.

I don't know if they'll get it right, I don't really have much choice other than to hope they do really, do I? If they have two, three, four years of sustained iffy decisions then I'll criticise them. I'd have had a right go at them if they'd have appointed Couceiro or Karanka (doesn't look like either's happening) or if they'd gone for Pearson or Sherwood back in November. They have made mistakes, some understandable, some you can just attribute to inexperience.

I don't understand the attitude because there is no alternative. I guarantee you we've just had a better year than we would have had under Absentee Steve. By some distance. Now that is not a high bar, but they have not taken the club backwards or driven us into turmoil at all, which seems to be the narrative.

To say we'd be better off without our billionaire owners is frankly ridiculous

You couldn't be more wrong. The Bhatti brothers were the worst owners that Wolves have had. They wanted to close Wolves down and sell Molineux, Fosun are not very good, but I think that their hearts are in the right place, so I struggle to understand your comment.

I said it because you said - and I quote - "I doubt any other owners would have made such a mess as Fosun did".

I've never understood your impatience with them when you were the most patient poster on this forum when it came to giving managers time to turn things around.

Either you've decided to completely change your philosophy on supporting a football team or you have some rather bizarre hatred of Fosun. Or a bit of both. You are of course welcome to change your mindset and it is your prerogative to dislike the new owners but you seem perplexed as to why people pull you up on it. It's just a bit strange TBF.

Niger Pearson will sort this shit out.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

To be fair to Frank Fosun have made numerous mistakes so far. I don't think we can really judge till the end of this season. Money really isn't everything it depends how it is invested (1 million for Gladon as an example)

All that said we might potentially employ a manager whose CV has Porto and Valencia as his last 2 clubs, Morgan couldn't attract that.

Beginning of last season Frank was worried, we were all convinced we were going up.

I have it 1-0 to Frank so far.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nobody is saying Fosun haven't made mistakes, but I would say they are learning from them quite quickly. They have also shown to be quite ruthless (Zenga, and not taking this shit from Lambert) whilst not holding back in spending money which with the right recruitment is a huge advantage to us. And as Dan said, under Morgan - and with Jackett as manager - with the squad we had we were sleepwalking towards a relegation battle

Sent from my iPhone on Safari Browser whilst sat on the sofa eating my sweet and sour prawn (Hong Kong style)

For me Fosun thus far have only made two mistakes, the appointment of Zenga and the trusting of Thelwell to run the football side. The manner of the sackings of Jackett and Lambert have both been unusual but neither were mistakes. You can't blame the recruitment of someone like Gladon on the ownership, they gave the money to either Thelwell or Zenga to sign a carthorse. They also deserve an exemption for last season due to how late they came in.

To state the obvious this summers recruitment of both Head Coach and players is pivotal, I don't think they have the goodwill in the bank to keep the fans onside with another lower midtable finish.

That side against Swansea is frightening and quite frankly we were heading for a relegation battle. Fosun made plenty of mistakes it without the likes of Costa and Cav we'd be looking forward to a trip to that small town in Poland again.

The battle we were heading for under M&M/KJ was one with Rotherham for foot of the table.

We all got caught up in the excitement of trillions of yan (yen?), but the squad we had pre-takeover was fucking abysmal.

The battle we were heading for under M&M/KJ was one with Rotherham for foot of the table.

We all got caught up in the excitement of trillions of yan (yen?), but the squad we had pre-takeover was $#@!ing abysmal.

Correct. My issue, although its all last season, is the new owners asnd management failed in the last two windows to address the cavernous gaps and weaknesses in our squad that any decent manager woulkd and should have addressed instantaneously on arrival. No left back, poor keepers, no leadership at the back, lack of creativity in central midfield and no goalscorer. Stearman, TeX and Bod were never going to adequately fill some of those and to play the whole season with those deficiencies was bloody frustrating as we knew they were there so why were they allowed to remain?

For me Fosun thus far have only made two mistakes, the appointment of Zenga and the trusting of Thelwell to run the football side. The manner of the sackings of Jackett and Lambert have both been unusual but neither were mistakes. You can't blame the recruitment of someone like Gladon on the ownership, they gave the money to either Thelwell or Zenga to sign a carthorse. They also deserve an exemption for last season due to how late they came in.

To state the obvious this summers recruitment of both Head Coach and players is pivotal, I don't think they have the goodwill in the bank to keep the fans onside with another lower midtable finish.

has he been sacked then ?

Officially no, unofficially I believe he was sacked 2 weeks ago. The unusual element I was referring to is Fosun liking to announce the departure and appointment pretty much simultaneously.

Officially no, unofficially I believe he was sacked 2 weeks ago. The unusual element I was referring to is Fosun liking to announce the departure and appointment pretty much simultaneously.

If he has been sacked, then I thought that someone would have leaked the news. It would be difficult to keep something like that quiet.

If he has been sacked, then I thought that someone would have leaked the news. It would be difficult to keep something like that quiet.
Leaking news = the sack.

As Lambert will be finding out soon. No one else will risk it.

My wife just asked the latest news on the next Head Coach at Wolves, and for some reason she thought I meant this character would be in our dugout next season...

noonoo.jpg

Our fans are known for getting all pissy and demanding, when this first broke loads were up in arms about being kept in the dark and demanding answers about 'our club'. Yet there has been nothing from the club or owners hierarchy. I feel like they are giving the fans a long overdue lesson in patience.

'All rivers run to the sea' -

I think there is a section of our support that seem to think they should have the same level of insider knowledge as those that are in the boardroom, and are quite strident in moaning about the lack of info.

From what I can see, Fosun's method of dealing with this is complete silence until there is something to report, and the strident types are basically going to have to get used to it. I also think that leaks out of the club are getting massively reduced.

Back