• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Porto under Nuno generally played a fast expansive game in a loose 4-3-3. They could get away with few numbers in midfield because Danilo has that Kante factor. They need to sell big this summer because of club debts with a centre back currently in talks with Juventus.

So he does well at Valencia then mendes hands him duds, then gets the sack. Anyone wanting this for Wolves needs their heads examined. Wolves will become a basket case.
Anyone turning their nose up at a manager whose team​ managed a +52 GD last season is the one who needs their head examined...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

please alan remove your cell signature

It's not an agenda. It's just you share a different opinion to the majority. Nothing wrong with that but when you are the minority view more people will say something against what you post.

If next season is similar to the one just finished, where Fosun oversaw a very poor campaign then I may not be in the minority.

If next season is similar to the one just finished, where Fosun oversaw a very poor campaign then I may not be in the minority.

Have you borrowed Irish Wolf's login details. It's like you want our foreign owners to fail before we've even kicked off pre-season.

:icon_lol:

Kenny - is it your turn to enjoy abusing admin powers today? If so, bravo.

Nothing to suggest it will be yet is there?

No, and I really hope they get things right this season, but after last season and now the uncertainty over Lambert, I am not filled with confidence, but I would be delighted to be proved wrong

Have you borrowed Irish Wolf's login details. It's like you want our foreign owners to fail before we've even kicked off pre-season.

I always want Wolves to do well, and the nationality of our owners is not important. What is important is the mess they made of things last season.

I always want Wolves to do well, and the nationality of our owners is not important. What is important is the mess they made of things last season.

Where do you think we would have finished if Fosun hadn't taken over? My view is we would have been a lot closer to relegation

Where do you think we would have finished if Fosun hadn't taken over? My view is we would have been a lot closer to relegation

I have no idea, but I doubt any other owners would have made such a mess as Fosun did, but as everyone reminds me, they will get it right next season, but no one has said what they base that belief on.

I have no idea, but I doubt any other owners would have made such a mess as Fosun did, but as everyone reminds me, they will get it right next season, but no one has said what they base that belief on.

Say Fosun didn't take over and we didn't have Cavsliero and Costa? I don't think the squad we had would have survived so easily.

It's all potential at the moment, and yes, last season was a bit messy but the oodles of cash Fosun has means we can make a real step change in our direction. The alternative would be drifting towards mediocrity and eventually league one

Worst. Owners. EVER!

You couldn't be more wrong. The Bhatti brothers were the worst owners that Wolves have had. They wanted to close Wolves down and sell Molineux, Fosun are not very good, but I think that their hearts are in the right place, so I struggle to understand your comment.

Are we on this again?

------------------Ikeme---------------

Odoffin----Doherty-----Hause------O'Hanlon

Byrne-----Coady-------Edwards-----Saville

------------------Henry--------------------

------------------Collins-----------------------

There you go, there's the team which finished the friendly vs Swansea one whole week before the season kicked off.

Please tell me how we were meant to go from that to an all-conquering force.

Please let me know if you'd like a list of owners who've made more of a hash of their first year than Fosun have here.

Are we on this again?

------------------Ikeme---------------

Odoffin----Doherty-----Hause------O'Hanlon

Byrne-----Coady-------Edwards-----Saville

------------------Henry--------------------

------------------Collins-----------------------

There you go, there's the team which finished the friendly vs Swansea one whole week before the season kicked off.

Please tell me how we were meant to go from that to an all-conquering force.

Please let me know if you'd like a list of owners who've made more of a hash of their first year than Fosun have here.

I didn't expect Fosun to turn us into Real Madrid, but I certainly didn't expect two poor managerial appointments, and performances and league position very similar to the season before under Kenny Jackett.

And I ask yet again, as I have done repeatedly, what makes people think Fosun will turn things around?

Shed loads of cash and owning the number one agent in the world.

It definitely didn't turn out the way we expected,but fosun are new to football,so last season was a very steep learning curve,they came in with a month to go,got players in at short notice hoping it would work,it didn't,whether that's down to bad luck,poor advice from various sources,or too much involvement from mendes who knows.
They've had nine months in charge now,so should have a better idea of what will work,and who's good at doing the job they're paid to do,and I'm of the thought that football doesn't seem to work like other businesses,there seems to be a lot of variables involved,managers,agents,players having bad spells of form,transfers,fans,media on your back,you don't get that on a production line making widgets.
The other thing is,fosun are undoubtedly a successful company,and you don't get that way by being constantly poor in business and not knowing what you're doing,so I'm optimistic for this season,as I was last season,but just feel this season will have less wasted cash,less quantity more quality player wise

Back