• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I don't have to be charming to people who repeat their own line in the vein attempt to convince others they are right.

There was me thinking this was a forum for debate and discussion. I'm not trying to convince anyone just merely putting forward my point of view. Isn't that what everyone does?

It is your opinion that Fosun are conducting poor business yet the club haven't said a word. It is mere speculation.

If was the key word in my piece. If they're searching for a manager whilst Lambert is still employed then yes, that's not a great way of doing business. It seems we have differing standards. If they aren't replacing Lambert then why not say so?

All I did is post some facts, you have chosen to interpret them into your own agenda.

Actually it was one fact. We have a manager. The rest was your speculation and opinion.

Why should Fosun tell YOU what they are doing? Are they personally causing you harm. If the answer is no then you need to ask yourself why you need to know?

It wasn't about me. It was an observation on how they're possibly (remember, IF) mistreating Lambert. Truth is we'll find out eventually, one way or another.

This is just shite, a list of misinterpretation, assumption and bullshit opinion, from start to finish. If you are wilfully going to ignore my point and blythly continue with yours then I wish you the best of luck.

I can't believe I've read some comments from people grumbling about the possibility of this. How often do managers go from Valencia to Porto to Wolverhampton? Surely this guy is a level above those we would usually be able to attract?

Silva resigned at Hull, but won't be looking for a championship club !!!

On the face of it Nuno would be a great appointment so I hope it happens. Obviously you never know how it will work out but I'd be excited if he comes and we sign a couple of exciting players this summer too.

Just wait until Edwards starts behind Bod in the first game of the season

hopefully whoever comes in brings his own staff with him

I can't believe I've read some comments from people grumbling about the possibility of this. How often do managers go from Valencia to Porto to Wolverhampton? Surely this guy is a level above those we would usually be able to attract?
To be fair on this not a lot of people will know about him so being negative or sceptical is understandable.

Never underestimate the rank stupidity of football fans.

To be fair on this not a lot of people will know about him so being negative or sceptical is understandable.
This is where I'm at, not negative, just don't know anything about him other than the bare facts. I worry about anyone joining who doesn't know the players or potential UK targets as it means they will be leaning on Thelwell for that (presuming he's not sacked), but that would be the case with any none British appointment.

Chances of Nuno bringing in Phil Neville as part of a wider team?

I'd be delighted with that and it gives the fans worried about the foreign connection a familiar British face to look at as part of our coaching team.

Would have to be a good offer to tempt him from his cushy pundit job, though.

Big no to Phil Neville. Hasn't no he been at two clubs now and don't fairly crap? Plus his analysis is shit as a pundit which leaves me with no faith in him.

Phil Neville has as much championship experience as Nuno. People angry at the non-British option will just have to suck it up.

Just read this beauty... "Ffs. A goalkeeper. They never make good managers. Ive read his managerial career history and its simply not good enough to get us out of championship. We need a proven manager that knows the English game. Portuguese connection again. Really hope they dont mate."

Okay...

We need a proven manager that knows the English game.

This sort of thing really winds me up. Like when we had years of people saying we needed "an Ince type midfielder". Go on then, who? If they're so readily available then you should be able to name a few realistic candidates. The likelihood is you'll end up naming a load of dross because there isn't a massive amount out there that you'd *trust* to have us challenging at the top and that we could attract at this stage. Monk would be an exception I suppose but even then, it's not like he has a flawless record.

Just from the last three seasons:

Jokanovic - no experience in England bar a short playing spell at Chelsea. Took Watford up
Karanka - not that I like him but again, straight into England, playoffs followed by automatic promotion
Wagner - first season, playoff final, might go up
Stam - ditto, played in England for three seasons but beyond that...hadn't managed anyone at all, ever

So yeah, looks like that experience isn't that valuable after all. Almost as if it's more important that whoever you appoint is a good manager rather than the colour of their passport.

Read some idiot somewhere the other day saying we don't want another manager whose name ends im an 'a' or an 'o' or begins with a 'Mc'. Ffs.

Just read this beauty... "Ffs. A goalkeeper. They never make good managers. Ive read his managerial career history and its simply not good enough to get us out of championship. We need a proven manager that knows the English game. Portuguese connection again. Really hope they dont mate."

Okay...
Mourinho was a keeper....he seems to have done ok

Back