• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Read up a bit on him after he was first mentioned on here and I'll be pleased if he's appointed.
His CV of 5 years is impressive. Anyone that can make Valencia seem normal for a season is clearly a miracle worker.

We don't have a clue if he will be a success but he's got a pretty impressive record if you look at Rio Ave and getting to 4th with Valencia. He's not really failed at Porto either when you look at their side compared to Benfica's and without Mendes we would have no chance of getting him. Obviously he will be new to the Championship so will have to adapt but i'd much rather him than any of the British managers and probably all of the foreign managers bar Silva.

hehe yeah, turn off your social media Keef

Can't do that,I always feel the need to go and wind people up,my current targets are far right racist groups,I'm winding them up with facts disputing the rubbish they post,I'm doing well,had a few of them tell me they know where I live,so I keeping asking them to tell me my address,they never do.im not worried that they'll turn up,if they do I've got a Russian design classic waiting by the door to greet them with,one wave of that and they'll be off fairly quick tbh

i will put this as my signature if it happens...no running away now alan..btw turn off that mobile signature..annoying..that goes for everybody
Do it!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's the most excited I've been about a new manager since Solbakken, and for similar reasons - on paper, a really interesting, forward-thinking choice. I just hope that this time it works out.

Can't do that,I always feel the need to go and wind people up,my current targets are far right racist groups,I'm winding them up with facts disputing the rubbish they post,I'm doing well,had a few of them tell me they know where I live,so I keeping asking them to tell me my address,they never do.im not worried that they'll turn up,if they do I've got a Russian design classic waiting by the door to greet them with,one wave of that and they'll be off fairly quick tbh
What you got, kalashnikov rifle?

We don't have a clue if he will be a success but he's got a pretty impressive record if you look at Rio Ave and getting to 4th with Valencia. He's not really failed at Porto either when you look at their side compared to Benfica's and without Mendes we would have no chance of getting him. Obviously he will be new to the Championship so will have to adapt but i'd much rather him than any of the British managers and probably all of the foreign managers bar Silva.

I just saw that Porto only lost two games all season in the league.. the more I read the more I am a bit excited but I need to not get ahead of myself.

I don't really know enough about Santo to have an informed opinion.

I just saw that Porto only lost two games all season in the league.. the more I read the more I am a bit excited but I need to not get ahead of myself.

Yeah lost 2 all season and 1 of those was the last game of the season against a side that needed to win to stay up when Porto had nothing to play for. He finished 4th at Valencia and then they were 9th when he quit but there was all sorts going on behind the scenes and Neville didn't improve them. I think i'm going to get ahead of myself and hopefully enjoy the ride to promotion this season......hopefully.

After a quick read up on him his time at Porto isn't as bad as it looks but the jury is still out with me.
Won't be getting to excited until we see results on the pitch.

Haha! I just hope we play some positive football and make some good signings, I wanted to be challenging in style as I hate this division so much

As has been said getting Valencia to 4th who have been a huge basket case for years must have something about him.

If fosun want the Mendez route then its a sensible option. It would also be bloody exciting to see the comings and goings this summer as I can't believe he would be happy with the current set up or squad.

If we get him it will be awesome don't think anyone would keep Lambo instead. Someone who knows and can work with Mendes plus a capable coach. Will celebrate when I'm not looking at a screen with Karanka on it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

As soon as he's appointed I'll give you 3 guesses what the first comment will be from a so called expert or the media?

Fact: We have a manager.

Nobody's ever said we haven't. In fact that's the whole point. We have a manager and there's increasing speculation the club are actively searching for his replacement. If that's true then it's a poor way to go out things. If it isn't then why not quell the speculation?

Everything else is speculation driven by the friend of the manager in an article attacking the current owners and their business relationship.

Actually isn't it you that's speculating that it was Lambert who 'leaked' the story. Where's your proof? If there's nothing to the current 'speculation' surrounding the manager's position why allow it to continue?

You draw your own conclusions from that. The club have not made a statement, yet impatient bellends calling themselves fans are demanding the club make a statement. As far as I can see the only dicks in this entire situation are the journalist, his source and the impatient 'fans' attacking the club For not doing what they want.

'Impatient bellends', charming. Thanks for the civil discussion. The point remains, if Fosun are actively searching for a manager while Lambert is still employed then that's poor business. If they aren't then why allow the current situation to continue?

Nobody's ever said we haven't. In fact that's the whole point. We have a manager and there's increasing speculation the club are actively searching for his replacement. If that's true then it's a poor way to go out things. If it isn't then why not quell the speculation?

Everything else is speculation driven by the friend of the manager in an article attacking the current owners and their business relationship.

Actually isn't it you that's speculating that it was Lambert who 'leaked' the story. Where's your proof? If there's nothing to the current 'speculation' surrounding the manager's position why allow it to continue?

You draw your own conclusions from that. The club have not made a statement, yet impatient bellends calling themselves fans are demanding the club make a statement. As far as I can see the only dicks in this entire situation are the journalist, his source and the impatient 'fans' attacking the club For not doing what they want.

'Impatient bellends', charming. Thanks for the civil discussion. The point remains, if Fosun are actively searching for a manager while Lambert is still employed then that's poor business. If they aren't then why allow the current situation to continue?

I don't have to be charming to people who repeat their own line in the vein attempt to convince others they are right. It is your opinion that Fosun are conducting poor business yet the club haven't said a word. It is mere speculation. All I did is post some facts, you have chosen to interpret them into your own agenda. Why should Fosun tell YOU what they are doing? Are they personally causing you harm. If the answer is no then you need to ask yourself why you need to know?

There are a few fans like you on here and many more on twitter. I can't understand your stance and neither do I agree with it. In fact i think it's pretty pathetic.

IF Lambert leaked the story (where else would it of come from) it could be said that he was in breach of contract and acting against the club. He may of been given his notice already but because of negotiations on a settlement been told to shut his pie-hole or he gets nothing.
Last few times we sacked managers going back to MM are as follows.
1) Sacked Mick, approached possible replacement, he agreed to come then backed out. Fans went into meltdown with "why did we sack him without a replacement lined up!
2) Solbaken sacked and Saunders was in the next day! Didn't see too many complaints about the fact the manager was clearly already lined up (just the fact that the replacement was a mate of the owner and shite)
3) Saunders sacked shortly after Jacket quits his job and turns up at Wolves. Again, obviously preplanned but no wailing about the way Saunders was sacked
4) Jacket was a deadman walking after that season and the football he dished up. Fosun had two main targets but got neither but it was clear Kenny was already on his way out so they went out on a wing and a prayer and brought in Walter. Lovely bloke, passionate and out of his depth.
5) Walter; Lovely bloke, passionate and out of his depth. Again Silva was the preferred replacement but wouldn't come at that time of the season so Fosun asked the DoF to draw up a shortlist which gave us Lambert.
6) Lambert pretty much failed. Yes he kept us up but only just and without the input in the last two months of Cav and Costa, he would probably of failed. A story then leaked out, apparently because Fosun didn't fancy his targets of a relegated 'keeper who is no better than what we have, a moon-headed defender who only started 5 league games at his current club and a forward from Preston. He wasn't looking to improve the squad but just add more shite to it which (if true) Fosun quickly balked against.

We have a chance to move forwards and Lambert hasn't show that he is capable of doing so with his weird team selections and insistence in playing Edwards at #10. If we can get a clear upgrade then we should.

I don't have to be charming to people who repeat their own line in the vein attempt to convince others they are right.

There was me thinking this was a forum for debate and discussion. I'm not trying to convince anyone just merely putting forward my point of view. Isn't that what everyone does?

It is your opinion that Fosun are conducting poor business yet the club haven't said a word. It is mere speculation.

If was the key word in my piece. If they're searching for a manager whilst Lambert is still employed then yes, that's not a great way of doing business. It seems we have differing standards. If they aren't replacing Lambert then why not say so?

All I did is post some facts, you have chosen to interpret them into your own agenda.

Actually it was one fact. We have a manager. The rest was your speculation and opinion.

Why should Fosun tell YOU what they are doing? Are they personally causing you harm. If the answer is no then you need to ask yourself why you need to know?

It wasn't about me. It was an observation on how they're possibly (remember, IF) mistreating Lambert. Truth is we'll find out eventually, one way or another.

Just imagine we get the new man to replace Lambert and we reveal Hanley & Hugil as our first signings....

Back