• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I know he gets a lot of shit including from me, but fair play to Britney on this. He didn't break the story, but was the first to say Lambert wouldn't be back. He took a lot of crap from the naive and stupid on Twitter and yes he flounced on a couple of occasions, but he stood by his story and proved to be correct. Now I don't agree with his take on things, but he ran a story others didn't and for that he gets a feather in his cap from me.

Ahh not Norwich then 😂

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Lambert says he thinks this group of players can challenge at the top of the league, sorry Paul no they can't.

Sounds like he has already agreed a deal with someone I'll bet it's Norwich.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
How much for Norwich, I'll put £50k on the table[emoji6]

Oh, you’ve got to love those clichéd, carefully written statements, haven’t you?

Here’s is Nuno’s resignation statement, released on May 30th 2022:

In many ways it is heart-breaking to leave Wolves and their wonderful supporters: however the chance to manage Real Madrid is one I simply could not turn down. We have had some wonderful times together and I will never forget the 4-0 defeat of Birmingham which clinched the Championship for us, winning the FA Cup against Chelsea or achieving our ultimate goal of qualifying for the Champions League. Wolves – and their brilliant fans – will always hold a special place in my heart and I wish them nothing but success in the years ahead.

Oh, you’ve got to love those clichéd, carefully written statements, haven’t you?

Here’s is Nuno’s resignation statement, released on May 30th 2022:

In many ways it is heart-breaking to leave Wolves and their wonderful supporters: however the chance to manage Real Madrid is one I simply could not turn down. We have had some wonderful times together and I will never forget the 4-0 defeat of Birmingham which clinched the Championship for us, winning the FA Cup against Chelsea or achieving our ultimate goal of qualifying for the Champions League. Wolves – and their brilliant fans – will always hold a special place in my heart and I wish them nothing but success in the years ahead.
Fucking Judas!

Luke Hatfield seems like a really fun guy.

Tim looks like Mr Potato Head, he'll always be a scruffy bastard. He also looks like the guitarist out my last band so that's another mark against him.

Were desperately trying not to say ANYTHING positive about the the change, but failed

Don't get the point of wearing a tie with the top bottom undone. Either wear a tie properly or don't bother at all.

I don't think they like doing it. I wouldn't say they are like the nutter that had Leeds who liked firing managers so much, he re-hired them just to do it again.

I think (hope) what we are seeing now is what Fosun wanted to do a year ago but the takeover got delayed by the FL and the rest is history.
I've never liked firing managers.

Now it's finally happened i can't say i'm not happy. I thought Pl was the best of a bad bunch of candidates to take over and i still believe that but it just wasn't enough. I will always remember Stoke and in particular Liverpool away but equally i will always remember Wigan, QPR and Rotherham at home. Those games outweigh the fa cup games when you take the emotion out of the game and his reluctance to drop Dave and to try and play attacking football will be remembered by most fans.

It's Britney being wilfully disingenuous that annoys me, he even says there that Lambert knew before the PNE game that he wasn't safe and everything was up for review. Soooooo...the club reviewed it all and decided no ta, we're going to look for someone else. He's still been paid every day up to today and won't have been doing anything which seems pretty cushy to me, there's nothing to say he's not been kept in the loop, the uncertainty and media speculation has only come from one side...and Timbo knows this. He knows it full well. He knows he's wrong and he still carries on. Like with Cav the other week.

There is no element of being treated poorly. If you don't want to lose your job then don't lose five games in a row.

Thanks for the comments on my article guys, much appreciated. Looks like I'm going to break my record for most views in a day (it was JOH in the Christmas series on the old site) which a nice start for the Wolves stuff on the new site.

Watching sky sports news channel- Portuguese League Champions Benfica Champions League Porto
Looks good on telly looks good for next season I'm happy as pig in shite

The countless matches where Tim live tweeted how boring/poor matches were last season. Even going to the length of counting floodlights instead of reporting on the match.

Did he want to go through that again next season? He seems to have a very short memory. At least he got paid + expenses to watch dross for lengthy periods of time last season.

The countless matches where Tim live tweeted how boring/poor matches were last season. Even going to the length of counting floodlights instead of reporting on the match.

Did he want to go through that again next season? He seems to have a very short memory. At least he got paid + expenses to watch dross for lengthy periods of time last season.
Probably did,just because it was managed by a UK manager,and the team was full of championship experience,because that's what we need isn't it?

The agreed statement issued via the LMA, suggests that the silence recently on the matter is because a negotiated settlement was being drawn up for which, no doubt, Lambert has been generously compensated. He will be back in employment sooner rather than later.

Back