• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Also happy with Monk I would be. Knows the Championship he does.

Last edited:
As I understand, a bone of contention for Lambert is that he hasn't been allowed to bring in his own backroom staff.
Why would we refuse to allow him to do so, but then allow the next incumbent?

I'd sooner keep Lambert than go for Monk.

I could see why there might be a temptation for the board to consider him though.

As I understand, a bone of contention for Lambert is that he hasn't been allowed to bring in his own backroom staff.
Lambert was allowed. He added Taylor and decided to keep the rest, just as Zenga did.

really, may I ask why?

First sentence or second?

First sentence because Lambert has been successful in this division and with a summer of getting a couple of his signings in, he may push us on to the next level. Monk has had a decent season with Leeds, he's been no miracle worker though and we beat them at their place.

Second sentence because he had them climbing higher and higher up the Championship only to fade at the end.

Lambert was allowed. He added Taylor and decided to keep the rest, just as Zenga did.

Yet at interview Kevin Thelwell would ask him to retain current staff to enable continuity. One of Lamberts assistants at Villa is currently manager at non league Kings Lynn.

First sentence or second?

First sentence because Lambert has been successful in this division and with a summer of getting a couple of his signings in, he may push us on to the next level. Monk has had a decent season with Leeds, he's been no miracle worker though and we beat them at their place.

Second sentence because he had them climbing higher and higher up the Championship only to fade at the end.

I dont agree unfortunately, dont think Lambert will take us to the next level..Lambert is past, Monk is future..

Because he was King Kev's man and I think it will be all change or not at all.

If Lambert is being replaced then surely he's being treated pretty shoddily by Fosun. If he's going to be sacked then it should have been done before the search for a new manager commenced. Allowing all of this speculation whilst Lambert is still technically employed is rather poor. If a new man is announced and Lambert goes then surely Fosun have handled all of this appallingly.

If Lambert is being replaced then surely he's being treated pretty shoddily by Fosun. If he's going to be sacked then it should have been done before the search for a new manager commenced. Allowing all of this speculation whilst Lambert is still technically employed is rather poor. If a new man is announced and Lambert goes then surely Fosun have handled all of this appallingly.

If Lambert leaked a story to him mates at the Telegraph then surely, equally, Fosun were treated pretty shoddily by Lambert...

We don't know what's happened. If (bolded for fairness and consistency) Lambert was the one who leaked the news to the Telegraph then I'll have very little sympathy.

Edit: fuck you, Darlo.

Club can't win sometimes. Sack the manager and don't have anyone properly lined up (like post-Mick) = what are you doing, be ruthless, this is dog eat dog, do your preparation like other clubs do. Rumours of us looking at other managers = this is disrespectful, back him or sack him, no other club would operate this way (even though they do).

I think we've proven quite successfully that sacking a manager without first sounding out a replacement is a spectacularly bad idea.

I've never disagreed with the dismissal of any Wolves manager/head coach during my time as a supporter. I can't say the same for the subsequent appointments though!!

I was sad when Turner and Mick went. Couldn't disagree with either decision though. In fact it was overdue.

I was sad when Turner and Mick went. Couldn't disagree with either decision though. In fact it was overdue.

Yeah, likewise. Both correct decisions but I was sad for them both. They did a lot for the club - you'll never see me slagging either of them off. The 'Thick Mick' brigade have always confused me.

We don't know what's happened. If (bolded for fairness and consistency) Lambert was the one who leaked the news to the Telegraph then I'll have very little sympathy.

Edit: $#@! you, Darlo.

Well, clearly it's been leaked by someone and IF Lambert is sacked that someone knew that Fosun were about to embark upon a search for a replacement for Lambert without actually officially telling him first. Whether Lambert heard internal rumours and was responsible for the leak or it was someone else it's not the ideal way to run any sort of business let alone a football club. I can completely understand Lambert being upset. As it is in his one interview he handled the situation pretty well.

I can understand the need for having someone lined up if a replacement is being made during the season but when the season has only just finished it's completely unnecessary. Looking for other managers whilst the current one was still in his job used to, quite rightly, be frowned upon. If he isn't now sacked there's no excuse for allowing this speculation to continue in the press. Whichever way this turns out Fosun are not looking great.

Whichever way this turns out Fosun are not looking great.

On the contrary - if they appoint a better manager, they'll look bloody awesome. Unless you're Frank of course.

Back