• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Gareth Prosser is in charge of youth coaching, was mentioned on the last page. I attended a session and talk he did a few years ago and was thoroughly impressed, was streets ahead of what I had seen elsewhere. So not surprised to see a range of talented technique based footballers beginning to emerge.

Theres plenty of evidence from Big sam himself that he is very much a wolves fan

Not a personal attack Lycan and I don't know about Sam but whenever someone vaguely well known is thought to be a Wolves fan there's always a Wolves fan who will tell you there not. In the days both I and Robert Plant frequented many of the same watering holes (not together) I clearly remember another Wolves fan telling me Robert was a Villa fan!

Not a personal attack Lycan and I don't know about Sam but whenever someone vaguely well known is thought to be a Wolves fan there's always a Wolves fan who will tell you there not. In the days both I and Robert Plant frequented many of the same watering holes (not together) I clearly remember another Wolves fan telling me Robert was a Villa fan!

Not entirely sure how your weird story about being in the same room as Robert Plant once could be a personal attack against me but rest assured that no offence was taken.

He was a Wolves fan as a kid, whether after playing and managing and living for 50 years elsewhere still makes him one is debatable I'd say.

Gareth Prosser is in charge of youth coaching, was mentioned on the last page. I attended a session and talk he did a few years ago and was thoroughly impressed, was streets ahead of what I had seen elsewhere. So not surprised to see a range of talented technique based footballers beginning to emerge.

There was an interview with him somewhere recently that was very impressive.

Edit - this one

https://www.shropshirestar.com/spor...emy-boss-on-fosun-expansion--and-more-debuts/

Last edited:
Kevin Keegan was a Wolves fan as a kid. Sooòo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Not that I think we have a hope in hell of getting him, but Marco Silva has officially left Hull with immediate effect.

We're a marginally more attractive proposition than when he last turned us down, unfortunately his reputation has grown at a much fast rate than ours has in the last 6 months

We're a marginally more attractive proposition than when he last turned us down, unfortunately his reputation has grown at a much fast rate than ours has in the last 6 months

Are we marginally better?
Same problem for a coach coming in he wont have great knowledge of our squad. He can look at the stats and be fooled into thinking certain players are better than they are. Here's lookin at you Dave Edwards.
Without a pattern of play its really difficult to evaluate Wolves playing strengths.

If he'd come in last season after Lopetegui ditched us, he'd have had less than a month to sort out a worse squad than we have now. Anyone (if there is a change) who comes in now has over three months and a slightly better base to start with (remember, James Henry started on the opening day at Rotherham). So yeah, we're better off.

With rumours that the coaching staff are all likely to be binned off too (E&S, yes I know) then the new manager is likely to have a blank canvas. Anybody walking into that will be in a far better situation as everybody starts on the same page and that includes Dave.

Are we marginally better?
Same problem for a coach coming in he wont have great knowledge of our squad. He can look at the stats and be fooled into thinking certain players are better than they are. Here's lookin at you Dave Edwards.
Without a pattern of play its really difficult to evaluate Wolves playing strengths.

Yeah, the squad is better, it's been demonstrated that the board will spend money etc. Only marginal though!

With rumours that the coaching staff are all likely to be binned off too (E&S, yes I know) then the new manager is likely to have a blank canvas. Anybody walking into that will be in a far better situation as everybody starts on the same page and that includes Dave.

I guess if a new coach comes in and says he will implement a passing style of football, Edwards packs his bags for Shrewsbury where the quality on the ball is of similar standard.

This

Please let it be true.. We need a clean sweep

Back