• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I know nothing about Couciero. Would he be an appointment similar to Zenga?

He's at least managed some clubs people have heard of, still would be a daft appointment.

Sergio Conceicao being mentioned now this morning. Nantes manager.

He's done a good job this season.

A quick Google suggests he's a bit of a short term fire fighter. Only been a manager for a few years and a pretty mixed bag of results.

Sergio Conceicao being mentioned now this morning. Nantes manager.

Where?

Looks an interesting and ambitious candidate. Turned down Leicester earlier this year

Where?

Looks an interesting and ambitious candidate. Turned down Leicester earlier this year

Couple of folk on twitter. Nobody credible though. Also mention Tiago Sa, the Benfica B GK. Mendes client, obvs.

I remember him as a player, quality winger. Used to play for Lazio and Parma IIRC.

Know nothing about him as a manager but Nantes did quite well last season.

Karanka asked on goals on sunday about the Wolves job and whether he would drop to the Championship just said that he wants to stay in England and just needs to take the right step and wouldn't rule out a job in the Championship. He obviously wasn't going to say any more but didn't rule it out.

Karanka asked on goals on sunday about the Wolves job and whether he would drop to the Championship just said that he wants to stay in England and just needs to take the right step and wouldn't rule out a job in the Championship. He obviously wasn't going to say any more but didn't rule it out.

Graeme Bailey (Tees journo) thinks Karanka is desperate for the Wolves job.

Surely we're just waiting for a firm no from Silva before appointing him.

Couple of folk on twitter. Nobody credible though. Also mention Tiago Sa, the Benfica B GK. Mendes client, obvs.

100+ games under his belt for Braga B + a handful of appearances for Portugal's youth teams. Could be a decent option? Can't be any worse than Lonners but I'm always weary of foreign keepers coming into Britain, tend to be a bit flappy, even De Gea struggled to cope initially.

Blast from the past. What a team Lazio had then. Conceicao, Veron, Nedved, Boksic, Vieri, Mancini, Stankovic, Salas, Mihajlovic, Nesta, Lombardo...

Conceicao was always one of my go to buys on Champ Manager. Quality player, didn't even know he was managing.

I wonder if there'll be an announcement after the premier league season ends. That's what I'm clinging to re: Silva!

I wonder if there'll be an announcement after the premier league season ends. That's what I'm clinging to re: Silva!

I posted something similar 4 days ago and immediately got slapped down for it, but it's looking more and more likely.

Silva's obviously useless anyway, Hull have conceded 11 in two games. Might influence a few chairmen with any luck.

I'd genuinely rather we wait until the saints/Watford/West ham situations are sorted. We can't compete with them, so let them do their business, and wait until we're the most attractive vacant job in England

Craig Shakespeare could be overlooked by Leicester, one for the short list perhaps.

Back