• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I never understand this argument as it makes zero business sense.

We have 2 assets worth zero right now and at no cost to the club. Thelwell decides to commit C£1m in wages in the hope of recouping £1m. Effectively a £1m bet.

Neither asset improve your business or are ever likely to so why keep them?

It's a ridiculous decision and that's even before you get to handing a player who will never play for the club a contract.

I very much doubt Price and Saville are on £10k per week (your £1m in wages), probably less than half of that, so that would be a max of £500k in wages if they were to stay the whole of next season which I would think unlikely. My guess is that they and their agents have already been told they have no future at Wolves and to find a new club this summer. Both could do an OK job in a lower half Championship side and a fee in the £250k region would not be unreasonable for either.

I was checking TWITTER to see what was happening and saw the retained list on an EXPRESS & STAR account. Thought I'd verify what I'd seen by doing a quick search on GOOGLE and then got on my TAPATALK app to see what people thought.

FOSUN have a lot to answer for.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed. In my opinion, Fosun did not cover themselves in glory in their first season at the club. Hopefully they put things right, but I am not convinced they will. Two poor managerial appointments and now they appear to be hesitant regarding Lambert's position. They need to clarify the situation.

Agreed. In my opinion, Fosun did not cover themselves in glory in their first season at the club. Hopefully they put things right, but I am not convinced they will. Two poor managerial appointments and now they appear to be hesitant regarding Lambert's position. They need to clarify the situation.

Why?

Promised the earth blah blah blah...

People complained when they made a rash decision in hiring Zenga, now they're complaining that they're taking their time finding a replacement. They can't win.

I already explained. IF Lambert is going then negotiations are taking place. When there is something to report, Fosun will report it. Saying that, the lack of any statement of support for Lambert tells you all you need to know.

All they need to do is say that Lambert has their full support, or alternatively get rid of him.

Why though, to satisfy your thirst for knowledge?

As others have said, there my be other things going on in the background that we do not know of. After all Fosun are a private business and I'm sure when they have something to report they will. It may well affect their share price if they report something that isn't true.

As long has he goes thats fine, but Thellwell aint going anywhere by the looks

Plenty of arsey upperty comments around these last few days. Makes me ashamed to be on TWF.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Why though, to satisfy your thirst for knowledge?

As others have said, there my be other things going on in the background that we do not know of. After all Fosun are a private business and I'm sure when they have something to report they will. It may well affect their share price if they report something that isn't true.

Nope, Fosun is not a private business. Wolves - along with Club Med - are listed as a subsid of Fosun International, which has a share price of 11.70 HKD

Nope, Fosun is not a private business. Wolves - along with Club Med - are listed as a subsid of Fosun International, which has a share price of 11.70 HKD

Yeah I haven't written that down very well and you've explained it much better than me. My point still stands though.

I very much doubt Price and Saville are on £10k per week (your £1m in wages), probably less than half of that, so that would be a max of £500k in wages if they were to stay the whole of next season which I would think unlikely. My guess is that they and their agents have already been told they have no future at Wolves and to find a new club this summer. Both could do an OK job in a lower half Championship side and a fee in the £250k region would not be unreasonable for either.

closer to 10 than five

Yeah I haven't written that down very well and you've explained it much better than me. My point still stands though.

Would changing the manager of a subsidiary company count as something which needed to be disclosed on the HK stock exchange? I'd doubt it. As you say, Fosun will tell us when they are good and ready.

So what you're saying is you want to risk £500k and take 2 squad places on the possibility of a sale and the net result would still be zero gain for the club?

Whether it's your or my scenario the outcome is the same. Doesn't make sense to want to achieve zero does it?

Would changing the manager of a subsidiary company count as something which needed to be disclosed on the HK stock exchange? I'd doubt it. As you say, Fosun will tell us when they are good and ready.

I'm not sure as Wolves are very high profile being a Sporting club and if it changes the chances of getting to the PL then it may do.

If this was mid season Lambert would have been sacked and a new appointment made. Everything which is going on behind the scenes now would still be going on. Lawyers would be hammering out an agreement and Lambert wouldn't be able to take another job until compensation is sorted, effectively on garden leave. The only difference is we are out of season and the players aren't back for another 6 weeks, so Fosun have chosen to not announce his departure until a replacement has been sourced as he'd be doing little for the next month or so anyway with recruitment being outside of his remit. Yes, it's unusual but remember it's Lambert or someone very close to him who leaked this, without that we'd be none the wiser.

Buying players doesn't really effect FFP. If we bought £100 million worth of players on 100 year contracts, they'd only count as £1 million per your for FFP. Sell one for £1m profit and you're level.

I get that completely but we are allowed a £39M loss over three years. It means we possibly have two years to 'spend' and then if we don't get promotion the third rolling year means selling the assets. I suspect a big loss this season and a downturn in revenues next year. I estimate we've got £30M this season and then it's a balancing the books exercise next season if we don't go up and we're fucked if player values fall. Then again you're probably right they could spend sixty or seventy million, get promoted and take the hit. Will they do that? Not so sure - We need a lot of players. It's not a case of us doing what Jack Walker did - we simply do not have the spending power (relatively)

Reading and Huddersfield spent significantly less than £30m to go from lower mid table to play off finalists. If spent wisely and with a good manager £30m is a hell of a lot of money

Back