• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Anyone think that Thelwell has "come round" to FOSUNs way of thinking as he likes having a job?

I would guess both Saville and Price extensions are in the hope of securing a fee. Price could play a part as a squad player, Saville on the other hand shouldn't make the bench not good enough.

Not too bothered about Williamson or Stears as it means we will be looking for better which I fully support.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I was having a good day until I read the news I'll have to watch Saville every week for another season.

Well you won't, because he won't play very much (he only started 15 league games this season, some were at left back which has no chance of happening next year).

£500k for him and/or Price and they'll go. We like protecting our investment.

No complaints about the three that have gone (a nice surprise with Henry as I thought he had a year left). Willo won't stay fit and is only going one way, Stears isn't good enough now he's lost his one asset. Hopefully Silvio stays.

Agree with Silvio if he can stay fit he is miles better than what we have, hopefully he stays on reduced terms.

Anyone think that Thelwell has "come round" to FOSUNs way of thinking as he likes having a job?

No, I think he's miles out of his depth and by signing 2 players who are borderline lg1/ bottom half champ he's Conde,Ning squad places to players that could've been used more productively.

It's frankly abysmal asset and squad management. I can't believe Fosun are buying this shit.

I would guess both Saville and Price extensions are in the hope of securing a fee.

I never understand this argument as it makes zero business sense.

We have 2 assets worth zero right now and at no cost to the club. Thelwell decides to commit C£1m in wages in the hope of recouping £1m. Effectively a £1m bet.

Neither asset improve your business or are ever likely to so why keep them?

It's a ridiculous decision and that's even before you get to handing a player who will never play for the club a contract.

I would guess both Saville and Price extensions are in the hope of securing a fee. Price could play a part as a squad player, Saville on the other hand shouldn't make the bench not good enough.

Not too bothered about Williamson or Stears as it means we will be looking for better which I fully support.

Or it means EEL is back off loan and is going into the first team as a replacement for one of them,you'd forgotten about him hadn't you? And we gave him an extended contract not that long ago

We have 2 assets worth zero right now and at no cost to the club. Thelwell decides to commit C£1m in wages in the hope of recouping £1m. Effectively a £1m bet.

It's a ridiculous decision and that's even before you get to handing a player who will never play for the club a contract.

I understand where you're coming from mate but I don't think there's a hope either Price or Saville are on close to £10k/wk. Maybe, maybe they earn that between them.

Or it means EEL is back off loan and is going into the first team as a replacement for one of them,you'd forgotten about him hadn't you? And we gave him an extended contract not that long ago
I was happy until I read that yes I had forgotten about that calamity.

I suppose it depends how quickly we sell them, that said I agree with you Saville at the least should have been released.

I'm not so sure Dan, the average wage in the Championship is around £10k so i wouldn't be surprised if they were around that mark.

I suppose it depends how quickly we sell them, that said I agree with you Saville at the least should have been released.

That's if we sell them, which I don't think we will. You've then got 2 squad places filled by players not good enough. It's just bizarre thinking on an operational and financial footing.

I understand where you're coming from mate but I don't think there's a hope either Price or Saville are on close to £10k/wk. Maybe, maybe they earn that between them.

yeah, guess we need some depth to challange even if i dont like saville much

I was checking TWITTER to see what was happening and saw the retained list on an EXPRESS & STAR account. Thought I'd verify what I'd seen by doing a quick search on GOOGLE and then got on my TAPATALK app to see what people thought.

FOSUN have a lot to answer for.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was checking TWITTER to see what was happening and saw the retained list on an EXPRESS & STAR account. Thought I'd verify what I'd seen by doing a quick search on GOOGLE and then got on my TAPATALK app to see what people thought.

FOSUN have a lot to answer for.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not as much as your shift button, matey !

So Johnny. Do the honourable thing and correct me eh ??

Given the FPP and rough estimates of last seasons accounts how much has a prospective coach have to spend?

Buying players doesn't really effect FFP. If we bought £100 million worth of players on 100 year contracts, they'd only count as £1 million per your for FFP. Sell one for £1m profit and you're level.

Back