• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

So how much has he got to spend? They took a massive hit last season. We fail, we get embargoed ...

I'm sorry, I left my position as Finance Director at FOSUN two weeks ago and I'm afraid I left the costing for the next season in the hands of my successor...I can confirm that what Kenny has said with regards to last seasons spending is correct

In terms of budget I don't think Fosun work on a "here is x million for the season". They look at it as adding value to the business. So paying £13m for Costa is done knowing that we will either get promoted with him and get our money back or we sell him for double what we paid. The majority of big signings will work like that especially if Mendes is the agent involved.

The way they structure the deals will help any short term risk of FFP.

In terms of budget I don't think Fosun work on a "here is x million for the season". They look at it as adding value to the business. So paying £13m for Costa is done knowing that we will either get promoted with him and get our money back or we sell him for double what we paid. The majority of big signings will work like that especially if Mendes is the agent involved.

The way they structure the deals will help any short term risk of FFP.

So give me two scenarios? How much have they got to spend if we sell Costa/Cav or we don't?

I am obviously standing corrected. How much in £££££££££££. I said 30 Million to buy eleven players and I got the flak so tell me why I am wrong. Forget Johnny I'm more interested in you other guys ..

So give me two scenarios? How much have they got to spend if we sell Costa/Cav or we don't?

I am obviously standing corrected. How much in £££££££££££. I said 30 Million to buy eleven players and I got the flak so tell me why I am wrong. Forget Johnny I'm more interested in you other guys ..

Costa and Cav go we have all of that money plus whatever we've budgeted for this season...
They stay and we have whatever they budgeted for this season. Say we sign 3 British players for a total of £6m, Mendes offers a top player for £6m and a "loan with a view to signing" a la Costa and we see how he works out. Off the top of my head £12m, that's the 5 players I would like covered and everything is rosy...
Mendes also throws in another 3 lesser players

ps, this is me just talking bollocks about what I'd like, FOSUN may have other ideas and amounts of money available

The thing that Wolves MUST do, however, is target players in the positions we need them most and not in the (necessary) scattergun approach of last summer when FOSUN came in late and had little time

We don't know a few things at the minute,they are in no order,
Who the manager/coach is going to be
Who's staying or going on the playing side
Who's staying or going on the back room staff
Transfer targets
Transfer budgets
Anything over that is just speculation,I could say we've a budget of eleventy million pounds,we're buying messi,and the new manager is arsene wenger*, or it's a budget of 50p and Dean Saunders is going to lead us to the promised land,we don't know anything,and neither does anyone else,the only people who do are fosun
* obviously if this bit happens I'm ITK but have tried to keep it quiet

do whatever we need to keep Costa and Cav and build in other areas..GK is a must for me, a top keeper, would be nice with an experienced CB to stabilize things further...we need a quality/or two CM's too that can dictate play(preferrably one offensive and one defensive to get balance) wingers is our main asset...Costa, Cav(or maybe as a no.10) graham, zyro, weimann and a few others...some of them can fill in as a striker when needed also..would like a proven scorer n the age of 25-30 also but I think Dicko will comeback strong..that's all

ooh, and the whole backroom staff needs to be changed like I already have said before, from manager, coaches and scouts..dont know about the physios

big, big changes and will probably take time

Tim II Tweets

Gone
Stearman
Williamson
Henry

1 year deals
Saville
Price
Duckons

In talks
Silvio
Weimann

Oooo... Silvio in talks. I thought we had a one year option on him

Also thank you to Henry, I really enjoyed that good season he had in League One and that equalizer vs Bolton

Not good, extensions for two average players with Thelwell delivering the news too.

Oooo... Silvio in talks. I thought we had a one year option on him
We do. Probably checking he wants to stay and may be restructuring his pay deal due to being broken a lot last season.

Not good, extensions for two average players with Thelwell delivering the news too.

Duckens is a low budget, meh, Saville can play midfield(did well at Stoke and Liverpool there) and can cover left back at a push so was always likely and Price is a decent enough squad player

I was having a good day until I read the news I'll have to watch Saville every week for another season.

Lambert wanted to keep Williamson and Stearman but contract decisions made by Thelwell and Fosun

Back