• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Where has this dragging on come from????

Exactly, the story isn't even a week old. The Torygraph broke it last Thursday.

It's this narrative that will turn the fans that Fosun are taking too long and don't know what they're doing.

Just reading through this interview Lambert did with the E&S after the season ended (probably his last interview as Wolves manager) -

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...-lambert--his-final-interview-as-wolves-boss/

Reading it at the time, in context I'd have agreed with a lot of the points he raised and he seemed optimistic about the summer and next season. Clearly he loved being manager at Wolves, and he could see the potential the club has.

Equally, it's interesting to read some of his comments, now knowing what's happened.

Clearly he was working very closely with Kevin Thelwell. Surely that means that KT's position is now more or less untenable? I don't understand how an employee can be working in conjunction with a manager on certain players, only for the owners of the club to deem those players as unacceptable and to pull the carpet from under them. Surely this more or less makes Thelwell redundant? I really don't see KT being at Wolves when next season kicks off. It sounds like he has one idea of what we should be doing and Fosun/Mendes have another. A football club can't work like that - everyone needs to be singing off the same hymn sheet.

It's also interesting to hear his comments on Burnley & Brighton. Lambert was clearly looking at those two clubs as prime examples of what can happen with a core group of British players (or foreign players with an experience of the league). That probably explains some of the mediocre, uninspiring names we've seen linked early doors this summer.

I also felt he sort of skirted around giving a firm answer on his communication with Shi and Fosun in general. "Things are moving".

I very much get the impression that Lambert & KT were working away, they had a clear plan for the summer and where they wanted to go, but Fosun were very much planning other stuff in the background. The way Fosun have dealt with managing the club worries me to a degree. Yes, it's ok having a shit load of money, but if you don't have a plan and/or know what to do with it, we won't be in the Premier League any time soon.

I've said it before but Fosun REALLY need to get the next appointment right. The next manager needs to be aware of the Mendes set up and needs to be fully on board with working with that agreement. If they get the next appointment wrong and we start next season slowly, things could get ugly.

Good post Jinky, mirrors where I'm at. Britney's video blog the other day was OTT, but there are genuine reasons to be concerned around whether Fosun know what they are doing or not, I think we'll find out in the next month or so.

As individual decisions I have no issue with the binning of either Lambert or Thelwell, but Fosun need to demonstrate that they understand that a team needs to evolve and develop with a degree of forward planning. You can't just sign another 11 new players, bring a coach in and tell him to get us promoted, then when he's not performing, sack him and bring someone else in on loop. It's about more than just the money and hope - strategy, talent and knowledge are more important. I prefer the principle of a manager signing his own players, but if those allegedly been put forward by Thelwell and Lambert are true then they were uninspiring and I can see why ultimately it lead to a vote of no confidence in either of them. Irrespective of who we employ now our planning will be further behind than if Lambert stayed, although certainly not irretrievable and we may still be in a better place come the start of the season than we would have been seeing Hugill wandering around at the top of the pitch.

Now Fosun may well understand all of the above and are planning a proper structure and recruitment policy to demonstrate it, but if they don't we'll just become another basket case foreign owned club.

I can't understand why we have haven't heard any official news from Fosun

I'm not concerned about Fosun at all. I think, and this is pure guesswork, that they've been quite considered if you look at it

• They've given Mendes a chance at picking a manager and that failed for reasons off and on the pitch
  • They've given Thelwell a chance to pick a manager and that hasn't gone well for reasons off and on the pitch
  • They're now taking their time appointing a manager they want and are not going to make the mistake of trusting anybody implicitly and quickly
  • They've given the existing playing and coaching staff a chance to get up this season and it has failed. They are changing both.
Seems a reasonable stance to take to me and I think rushing into things is what has cost us this season. I'm sure Fosun will not want the conflict between manager/ DoF/ agent and owners they have had this season. Lambert's comments amount to Thelwell and Lambert versus Fosun and Mendes and that will only ever end one way and Fosun have worked that out very quickly to not become a basket case and (hopefully) move both parties on.

If they are taking the Man City/ Chelsea approach to it then I have no qualms about how we will do (they got rid of Cook, Hughes and most of the coaching staff).

I'm not concerned about Fosun at all. I think, and this is pure guesswork, that they've been quite considered if you look at it

• They've given Mendes a chance at picking a manager and that failed for reasons off and on the pitch
  • They've given Thelwell a chance to pick a manager and that hasn't gone well for reasons off and on the pitch
  • They're now taking their time appointing a manager they want and are not going to make the mistake of trusting anybody implicitly and quickly
  • They've given the existing playing and coaching staff a chance to get up this season and it has failed. They are changing both.
Seems a reasonable stance to take to me and I think rushing into things is what has cost us this season. I'm sure Fosun will not want the conflict between manager/ DoF/ agent and owners they have had this season. Lambert's comments amount to Thelwell and Lambert versus Fosun and Mendes and that will only ever end one way and Fosun have worked that out very quickly to not become a basket case and (hopefully) move both parties on.

If they are taking the Man City/ Chelsea approach to it then I have no qualms about how we will do (they got rid of Cook, Hughes and most of the coaching staff).

I agree. What I meant was a statement that the manager as been sacked or not.

Your last paragraph is the crux of it for me Johnny.

Id say fan satisfaction is quite high commercially. Season ticket offer, ticket offers, new screens coming, fan park idea etc. It could maybe only be improved by ending the MoneyShop sponsorship and a few aesthetics (choices on kiosks etc etc)

Thats what stands them out from Cellino at Leeds or the like. They're ready and willing to engage with the fan/customer base. They're making changes which are only going to improve our experience not their bottom line.

Losing the likes of Skirrow O'Rearden and Grayson (even though loyal and good employees) has helped faciliate it and i firmly believe once we bin off the sporting side we can flourish there too.

They haven't got there yet but it isnt a lack of trying or negligence on their part.

Because it has been a week and unbelievably they don't exist solely to keep fans updated.
Absolutely. They'll tell us when there's something to tell - until then the fans need to remain patient. A word I find myself using far too often unfortunately.

This 'joke club' and 'shambles' hyperbole spouted all over the tinternet is a bit silly when no one knows what's happened.

Johnny's post is well reasoned and I'm in full agreement. Has someone nicked your login details mate..?

I agree. What I meant was a statement that the manager as been sacked or not.

I think they are waiting to get everything done at the same time. If Lambert had kept his mouth shut we wouldn't of know anything was "going on" and wouldn't have any questions that "needed answers"...This is all on Lambert and I hope he's been told that any more leaks will be considered as gross misconduct and will be treated accordingly with regards to any settlement when he leaves

Where has this dragging on come from????
Managers position under threat and no comment from club for 2 weeks, that's dragging on in my books.

If they said yep we sacked him and are actively looking it's a different story.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Story broke on the 11th. Hasn't been a week yet.

If we have learnt anything from Fosun it's they will only speak when they are prepared.

KJ was effectively sacked the moment the 1st press conference ended. He did zero media work and had zero input into the preseason game at Northampton. Sacking announced at 11pm Friday and Walter in place by 9am the following day.

Story broke on the 11th. Hasn't been a week yet.

If we have learnt anything from Fosun it's they will only speak when they are prepared.

KJ was effectively sacked the moment the 1st press conference ended. He did zero media work and had zero input into the preseason game at Northampton. Sacking announced at 11pm and Walter in place by 9am.
They told Lambert his job was under threat before the Preston game.

They told Lambert his job was under threat before the Preston game.

Says who? Britney? He is a click-bait waste of internet

Absolutely. They'll tell us when there's something to tell - until then the fans need to remain patient. A word I find myself using far too often unfortunately.

This 'joke club' and 'shambles' hyperbole spouted all over the tinternet is a bit silly when no one knows what's happened.

Johnny's post is well reasoned and I'm in full agreement. Has someone nicked your login details mate..?

sorry johnny, but :icon_lol:

I am calm and serene this morning.....*

*[size=-2]this is subject to change if my employees/ slaves don't do what I say before I've thunk it[/size]

Says who? Britney? He is a click-bait waste of internet
Well yes that is true the sauces haven't been the best on this topic.

Would be nice to know sooner rather than later I am sure they would like to sell a few more season tickets!

Back