• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I particularly enjoy the Twitter/Facebook comments along the lines of 'the club HAVE to release a statement today telling the fans what's going on'.

Erm... no they don't. What did these people do before social media and t'internet arrived, when Wolves clubcall was THE source of information?

I particularly enjoy the Twitter/Facebook comments along the lines of 'the club HAVE to release a statement today telling the fans what's going on'.

Erm... no they don't. What did these people do before social media and t'internet arrived, when Wolves clubcall was THE source of information?

You would wait until 3.30 and hope the E&S had an update (although all the stuff that has happened in the last week wouldn't have been leaked back in those days, so you would get the E&S hoping to find out who the World Cup star you were linked with on the Teletext ad for Club call was and then be shocked we had sacked the manager)

We need a top notch replacement for Lambert (and Thelwell for that matter) and whilst it may be difficult Fosun really needs to pull out all the stops to sell the right guy an exciting project.

Get Marco Silva in! If he wants of course ..

Get Marco Silva in! If he wants of course ..

Not a question of the club thinking "Hmmm, not too sure about him" is it. We know they like him. Problem is that so do Inter, West Ham, Southampton, Porto...

Not a question of the club thinking "Hmmm, not too sure about him" is it. We know they like him. Problem is that so do Inter, West Ham, Southampton, Porto...
We can only live in hope..

We can all agree that Bully as a player was/is a God. When talking about the game somewhat less so.

Hmmmmm

Someone needs to remind Bully that he is a vice president of the club and so spouting off to his mate Timbo probably isn't wise if he wants to keep that position in future.

Fosun could really get the fans on board and take the vice presidency off him.

I suppose the thread title could be changed to "FOSUN considering Lamberts position"...

I suspect their giving a fuck cupboard would be rather bare about that point

Bull speaking out is doing so with the kind of power Lambert should've had before doing it himself... A position of considerable standing who can act with reasonable freedom.

One thought I posted elsewhere today is could Hause improve even more and could Iorfa reignite his career under a defensive minded Karanka?

Along with Doherty being exposed as a fraud the case for the defence is overwhelming.

Bull has no power or standing.

He is a vice president and should be toeing the Fosun line. He isn't, so it just emphasises once again that his position is utterly ceremonial

I'd rather have a manager who understands the concept of attacking and just buy a better left back than Doherty (you could find a couple in League Two tbh). That seems preferable to Horseface.

I suspect their giving a $#@! cupboard would be rather bare about that point

Aye...

As for the Bully interview... "Bull added: "You cant buy a side – you have to make a side". Yep Steve, Wolves didn't buy you and Thommo
"Last year was a difficult one – the new owners can in, managers came in and out, owners, players came in and out." Er, what?

Back