• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I'm looking forward to his "Top 10 moments that Paul Lambert looked at me" piece later today.

He'll be playing Cyndi Lauper's True Colours all day I would imagine with a roll of tissue and reruns of Lambert interviews on loop. Only interrupted by Dave Whatsapping him pictures of the 3 of them together.

There are some truly astonishing tweets going around at the moment, stuff about 'the death of this great club', others refusing to attend matches until Fosun sell up etc.

I've never been one of Lambert's harshest critics - I actually think we were in for a good season with decent acquisitions this summer, and think the positives of his tenure have been unfairly dismissed - but this isn't like we're sacking Stan Cullis.

So talks had been had on players and bids were in...So what's all the bollocks in the press about his suggestions being knocked back?
Oh and I'm really glad that Lambert came in and made Costa a great player ;)
I think Thelwell has been doing the ground work on potential targets. Which is good and how it should be but when the players have been put to the board for final approval it seems they have said "player B won't happen as Mendes is putting this one forward"

Naturally Lambert will be fucked off but as long as he deals with it like an adult and doesn't do shit like tell a journo he will be fine....

Oh and I'm really glad that Lambert came in and made Costa a great player ;)

That bit is total baloney, this is one of the things that annoys me about Britney. Don't get all starry eyed because you're talking to the Great Lamberto, tell him that he's wrong. Costa wasn't "in and out of the side all the time" at all before Lambert arrived, he made his first start against Burton in mid-September and then he started every single game until Lambert left him out at Barnsley at the end of January. And we'd already sorted out the £13m fee when we loaned him, most would have said by early November that we'd seen enough of him to suggest it was worth pushing the button, so we didn't do it because his performances improved under Lambert, nor would any supposed improvement have had any impact on what we paid.

There are some truly astonishing tweets going around at the moment, stuff about 'the death of this great club', others refusing to attend matches until Fosun sell up etc.

I've never been one of Lambert's harshest critics - I actually think we were in for a good season with decent acquisitions this summer, and think the positives of his tenure have been unfairly dismissed - but this isn't like we're sacking Stan Cullis.

TBF a lot of the tweets I've seen (and even the majority of the posts on the mix) seem to going with the majority view on here that Lambert has acted the dick.

TBF a lot of the tweets I've seen (and even the majority of the posts on the mix) seem to going with the majority view on here that Lambert has acted the dick.

Yes, there's plenty of reasonable debate out there as well, but I'm just surprised how many people have taken this so badly!

I've started "unfollowing" some Wolves FC Facebook pages because of the number of arseholes posting absolute (sometimes racist) shite and filling my feed with garbage

I hate all this. Not one quote anywhere.

Could we all just be on the end of Paul's pole!?

but I'm just surprised how many people have taken this so badly!

There's nothing like a football fan for over reacting - I think we all are guilty at times, I remember posting some particularly depressing stuff when we were losing to Brentford.

Yes, there's plenty of reasonable debate out there as well, but I'm just surprised how many people have taken this so badly!

You know what Twitter is like when there's anything remotely negative to do with the club, it becomes a competition as to who can be the most outraged, take the most extreme stance.

Penny to a pound those banging on about "not going again" don't go anyway. If they did then they wouldn't be so firmly behind Lambert given what he's largely served up at home.

I've also seen a few tweets saying it's a disgrace and Fosun are ruining the club. FFS it's not like we've sacked Rowett and are replacing him with Zola.

Lambert has shown himself to be not much more than an average Championship manager so far and has acted like a bit of a dick with the leak. As long as Fosun don't replace him with another Zenga then I am quite optimistic about the change in management. I just hope Thelwell fucks off too.

I've also seen a few tweets saying it's a disgrace and Fosun are ruining the club. FFS it's not like we've sacked Rowett and are replacing him with Zola.

Lambert has shown himself to be not much more than an average Championship manager so far and has acted like a bit of a dick with the leak. As long as Fosun don't replace him with another Zenga then I am quite optimistic about the change in management. I just hope Thelwell $#@!s off too.

I don't see how he can't be toast. Either massively undermined or shown up for the charlatan he is. Not good for his employment status.

It would also go a fair way to explain why we haven't heard anything from him for a while. Usually you have the retained list and as Lambert alluded in his last interview (I'm welling up here) it's lovable Kev's role to put that information out.

Must be the end for the coaching staff too and we need a fair few more as half of the youth staff have buggered off anyway.

To be fair, it has been a bit of a circus since Fosun took over.

But the average football fan who doesn't follow Wolves won't know the ins & outs of every decision they've made.

Time for them to make the correct decision and for a bit of stability.

Time for them to make the correct decision and for a bit of stability.

That's the important thing. We won't achieve anything by hiring & firing mangers every few months. They have to get this one right.

Strong and stable?

6XY2SFb.gif

Back