• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I wouldn't mind Karanka, wouldn't be especially exciting but he'd get the job done and work with the fosun/Mendes thing well I think.

Read an article about him today and I like his process and how he approaches things but the evidence at boro doesn't seem to match what he wanted

On the plus side, as he's so meticulous about the defensive side of the game, Doherty would have no chance of playing regularly.

On the negative side, his football is uniformly awful to watch.

It's conflicting me.

On the plus side, as he's so meticulous about the defensive side of the game, Doherty would have no chance of playing regularly.

On the negative side, his football is uniformly awful to watch.

It's conflicting me.

We've already had awful football, not conceding goals would make a refreshing change!

I just hope it's a clean sweep.
New manager and his own people in so they can access the shit for themselves without our existing backroom team clouding any judgement.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Currently touring California (8 hours behind Wolvo) - just picked up on all this PL news - kin ell !!
Can't wait for logging in tomorrow to find out the latest.
Would be very happy with either Silva or Karanka tbh

If it is Karanka would he be able to recruit from Boro? I want Friend back as he is a really decent left back in my view. That aside, much of our Ire is how we concede pathetic goals. If he comes in and brings players to stop us doing that , then its a good thing. If he also gets some quality in midfield that too is a good thing. There is no way we can tolerate the sort of home form or performances that we have seen over the last 2 seasons if we have any real ambitions to play in the premier league. Top teams dont tend to lose more than a handful of their home games. We doubled that!

Anyhoo, Lambert's team selections, dour soundbites, constant picking of muppets and playing them out of position had me fairly well pissed off and only 5 wins on the bounce becalmed me. If he has now gone I cant really say I am that sad.I want about 10 players and 4 other members of the coaching staff to be joining him pretty damn quick if thats the case!

Watched Timbo's video piece and although it is definitely at the pessimistic end of the scale the one thing he did say which does concern me is who now judges the existing players. At least with Lambert you got the impression there would be something of a sort out, a new manager won't be able to make these decisions which will leave it to either Thelwell or Mendes. The former overrates the vast majority of the squad whilst the latter barely knows them.

If thelwell goes and he should then I could see vast amounts being frozen out or flogged off. Such a shame.

Watched Timbo's video piece and although it is definitely at the pessimistic end of the scale the one thing he did say which does concern me is who now judges the existing players. At least with Lambert you got the impression there would be something of a sort out, a new manager won't be able to make these decisions which will leave it to either Thelwell or Mendes. The former overrates the vast majority of the squad whilst the latter barely knows them.

that's the obvious worry: then again, it doesn't take that long to watch 46 90minute DVDs. I'm sure DW could soon suggest a running order of last season's games that would soon have the new boss thinking along the right lines...

Suppose the only thing is this time if we make an appointment this week, the new manager unlike Walt will have time to go back over this seasons games to assess the squad along with having a pre-season with them.

Add to that hopefully any foreign imports will come in early giving them at least time to settle in the country.

Suppose the only thing is this time if we make an appointment this week, the new manager unlike Walt will have time to go back over this seasons games to assess the squad along with having a pre-season with them.

Add to that hopefully any foreign imports will come in early giving them at least time to settle in the country.

The new manager will see Lambert's report to the Board. No reason not to trust it, at least in relation to those players Lambert was prepared to ship out.
My main concern is that younger players like Bright and Ronan don't lose out.

The new manager will see Lambert's report to the Board. No reason not to trust it, at least in relation to those players Lambert was prepared to ship out.

Yep - the one good thing about Lambert was bringing through young players, and don't want to see Bright, Ronan etc miss out for a 28 year old Spaniard who's only going to play one season before Mendes moves him on. Don't know what Karanka is like on young players: personally I'd wait until HTFC are out of the play-offs and then hurl the cash register at Wagner

Karanka doesn't get my juices flowing. Sure he got Boro promoted - but lets not forget Lambert also got a team promoted from the Championship. It doesn't guarantee success at a different club.

I would worry, with someone like Karanka in charge, that the fans would get quickly frustrated with his lackluster style of play. Saying that, he can only work with the players he has, and if we sign some creative players, we may see a change of style. Who knows?

Silva would be my top choice, but I think the wheels were in motion on a successor to Lambert long before we knew Hull were relegated.

Yep - the one good thing about Lambert was bringing through young players, and don't want to see Bright, Ronan etc miss out for a 28 year old Spaniard who's only going to play one season before Mendes moves him on. Don't know what Karanka is like on young players: personally I'd wait until HTFC are out of the play-offs and then hurl the cash register at Wagner

Fosun said when they first arrived that developing the young players is one of their primary goals, so I'm not too worried about this.

And you'd hope that if we appoint a head coach with an ounce of footballing knowledge, they would see that Ronan, MGW, Bright etc have far more technical ability than Edwards,, Saville, Price etc.

Why would a new manager take the recommendations of his sacked predecessor?

:icon_lol:

That's actually really funny. Note to anyone who hasn't read this yet - listen to the song 'Now We Are Free' from the Gladiator soundtrack. If your emotions can stand it that is.

:icon_lol:

I think Britney needs a hug.

I just hope it's a clean sweep.
New manager and his own people in so they can access the $#@! for themselves without our existing backroom team clouding any judgement.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The longer this goes on I can only conclude that it must be wholesale change

New manager, new Director of Football ? New coaching staff

This takes time to put into place

Be patient guys - I believe Fosun will back the new manager big time as the rewards for football club owner only come if you are in the Premier league. FOSUN want to be there and they have the cash to get us there.

If it is Karanka that's ok by me. Good record with Boro and he will have far more money to spend than he did at Boro so we can theoretically stay and compete in the Prem !!!

Back