• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Do we really want Silva if his team can give less than fuck all effort in a must win match?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Definitely yes. Hull we're going down in flames when he took over, getting them only relegated after 37 games is amazing.

I'd still take Silva although he would have to change how his teams defend at corners. Pretty sure it was widely reported that he turned us down last summer so i don't see what would have changed now. I expect Karanka to be the new boss.

I'd still take Silva although he would have to change how his teams defend at corners. Pretty sure it was widely reported that he turned us down last summer so i don't see what would have changed now. I expect Karanka to be the new boss.

I think it was because he wasn't keen on a move to England. Now he's here, that obviously has changed.

Look at the team that finished the friendly vs Swansea. I'm sure he didn't fancy having less than a month to fix that. Different story when you have three and a half months.

Do we really want Silva if his team can give less than fuck all effort in a must win match?

Where is Quirk when you need him....

They won 1 in 18 before he took over.

He's done well there, they were in serious danger of finishing below Sunderland, and fought to the end despite Mason suffering an horrific injury and having his best player (Snodgrass) sold in January.

In making that shower of shit competitive he's only enhanced his reputation from my perspective.

They won 1 in 18 before he took over.

He's done well there, they were in serious danger of finishing below Sunderland, and fought to the end despite Mason suffering an horrific injury and having his best player (Snodgrass) sold in January.

In making that shower of $#@! competitive he's only enhanced his reputation from my perspective.
Maybe, but in paper there's no way they should be losing to Palace by 4 goals.

Palace beat Arsenal 3-0 the other week and they've beaten Chelsea and Liverpool recently. They have a much better side than their league position plus when they were 2-0 down you could see Hull were completely demoralised, not a lot the manager can do about that when the players realise they are down. You can't judge a manager either on one game, he's performed miracles to get Hull within a chance of staying up because they are awful.

Palace beat Arsenal 3-0 the other week and they've beaten Chelsea and Liverpool recently. They have a much better side than their league position plus when they were 2-0 down you could see Hull were completely demoralised, not a lot the manager can do about that when the players realise they are down. You can't judge a manger either on one game, he's performed miracles to get Hull within a chance of staying up because they are awful.
Alright, alright.

An early goal from a shocking error killed them and by half way through the 2nd Half to a man they had accepted relegation. It happens. Overall Silva had taken a piss poor squad to earn points that over a season would put them safe and around where WBA and Southampton are.

It's highly unlikely he will come to us but if we had the chance and thought "well that performance v Palace though...nah best go with someone else" you need your bumps felt.

Back