• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Why would he leave Hull for us? I think he is bigger than us now unfortunately

If Silva was even remotely interested now surely he would have been when we first tried to get him too...

Why would he leave Hull for us? I think he is bigger than us now unfortunately

1) Contract up
2) For all that he's done superbly there, which PL jobs are going to be available this summer? Maybe Southampton or Stoke. Or maybe not. So if he leaves Hull but wants to stay in this country, then he's either finding a top end Champo job (which theoretically, given the financial resources/fanbase/facilities, we are) or he's sitting tight for an indefinite period doing nothing and hoping he gets the nod at some unspecified point in the future.

Would I swap Lambert for Silva?

Is Paris a kind of plaster?

Can't see it happening though.

If he gets a Prem job it will be West Ham I reckon.

I agree with this. Getting rid of Jackett who didn't deserve it was what destabilised last season and started this merry-go-round. Lambert doesn't deserve to be pushed/pressured to leave, or sacked given he came into the job in the middle of the season.

Do you not think when Lopetegui was clearly recruited to take over that Jacketts position became untenable?

"Only joking, Ken we love you really" behave.

What destabilised us was our first choice manager being offered one of the biggest jobs in football.

I often wonder where we would be had Lopetegui been appointed as planned. I am sure a few of his players would have come to compliment the Mendes signings. I am also certain that if Silva was appointed he would be much better aquainted with Mendes clients than the likes of Lambert. Lambert and Mendes is a bit like ice cream and curry, both can be nice but you really shouldn't mix them.

Sadly I don't think we will get Silva but if this is what the hold up is I'm 100% behind Fosun.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'd love silva - he was my choice at the start of the season - but I think he's got credibility here now, he'll get a prem team. There's already rumours of Southampton taking him.

My concern is greater than the manager though - we always talk that the likes of Southampton have their own style and just move head coaches in who can help them on, but they've built stable clubs first, with a bedrock of quality staff and first team pros who can cope with the manager moving on - our club is a mess at the moment, and that for me is the most important thing.

Get someone in who has tactical flexibility and man management skills and who wants to build the club up, even if it takes three years. Get some quality coaches and a couple of quality experienced pros who can develop the dressing room, and ensure a level of professionalism that we've been missing for far too long.

Really hope we're thinking this through at fosun level - we can't just dump a manager on top of the mess of a structure we have and hope for the best, we have to make sure the club is set up to support whoever comes in and pointing towards long term success.

I'm hoping that was the plan with lopetegui, and they have a similar plan in mind this time.

It's proving it though and I don't think you can. Darlo's spot on here.

It sounds like we've sounded people out properly this time too and I've noticed it's Fosun and Mendes not my favourite ferret faced author.

Club don't need to prove it, they just need to have reasonable grounds to believe that on the balance of probabilities it is more likely than not that Lambert was the source of the story. Employment law has a much lower threshold for proof.

Do we want palace to win then today? Here's a though, the manager of the losing team could end up at wolves

Anything other than a win and Hull are effectively down.

It's a tough one, id really like to see palace relegated, but Silva at wolves would be brilliant (if massively unlikely)

I think BFS would do a good job at wolves, and I'm pretty sure he'd jump at the chance to pally up with mendes

Watching Deutsch explode in a ball of flames if BFS took over would be fun....as would Paddys reaction where he will create 100 new swear words.

Silva? Just maybe but surely he will get Premiership offers.
As for BFS, despite the no doubt amusing and/or OFF reactions from some fans, it's a no from me. Anyway he has said before he doesn't want to manage us and allegedly turned down the chance a couple of times.

Watching Deutsch explode in a ball of flames if BFS took over would be fun....as would Paddys reaction where he will create 100 new swear words.

Surely Paddy has exhausted his supply of profanities...!!

Back