• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Lambert deserves a pre season, his own signings and lets see where we end up. Bringing in some Zenga MKII will be the end of us.

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...s-blog-deja-vu-for-fosun/#Hca0rUKHJIw6kZeB.99

I agree with this. Getting rid of Jackett who didn't deserve it was what destabilised last season and started this merry-go-round. Lambert doesn't deserve to be pushed/pressured to leave, or sacked given he came into the job in the middle of the season.

Getting rid of Jackett who didn't deserve it

He did

Lambert doesn't deserve to be pushed/pressured to leave, or sacked given he came into the job in the middle of the season.

He is the one who has put pressure on Fosun to sack him with his antics via his media buddies. Zero sympathy from this corner of the cyber Wolves world if he is sacked...and that is coming from someone who thinks he would put us in the top 6 next season.

I agree with this. Getting rid of Jackett who didn't deserve it was what destabilised last season and started this merry-go-round. Lambert doesn't deserve to be pushed/pressured to leave, or sacked given he came into the job in the middle of the season.

We were going nowhere but backwards under Jackett and what "merry-go-round"? We got rid of a manager who was out of his depth and were close to getting Julen Lopetegui (you know, the guy who ended up taking the Spain National job instead) couldn't persuade Silva to take the job (done pretty well at Hull) and I'm sure there was another top manager linked with us but sadly we were left with the likable, passionate but ultimately out of his league Walter Zenga.
Fosun acted quickly, as most Wolves fans wanted them to, and sacked Walt. They then trusted the DoF to sort them a list of available, British managers and appointed the man who most thought was the best of a bad bunch.
Do you think that during the interview process FOSUN said to Lambert "hey yeah, of course you have full control over new signings, forget about the fact we have a DoF and access to Jorge Mendes" or do you think it was pointed out what the set up was at the club? The names bandied about as the players Lambert wanted are a relegated keeper who is not much better than Andy Lonergan never mind Ikeme, a defender who only made 5 starts in the league this season and rarely made the match squad and a forward from Preston. If that is the "quality" that Lambert is trying to blackmail the club into signing then no thanks.
Also, knowing the set up at the club he thought fit to leak a story to the National press rather than address his concerns in private just after other rumors that Norwich are interested in taking him as their new manager. Coincidence that these stories are leaked in time for us to sack him, pay him compensation and for him to walk straight into a new job blaming our owners for being "clueless"? Don't think so...
Anyway, he came in looking towards the play-offs and ended up being lucky that we had two players supplied by Mendes who could actually play football or we may not of survived. He persisted with Dave Edwards in the vital #10 role, a job he does not offer anything in be it goals or assists and just "runs around a lot", midfielders at full back and some bloody baffling team selections. What exactly has he done to earn the right to embarrass the club by running to the press?
I wanted him to be given time but the events of the last week (if true) make me think that the sooner he is gone and we get a HEAD COACH in who understands how the system works, the better

I would pay him off and sack him. Fuck the compo issue if he is off to NAAAAARICH. It is loose change to FOSUN

What exactly has he done to earn the right to embarrass the club by running to the press?
I wanted him to be given time but the events of the last week (if true) make me think that the sooner he is gone and we get a HEAD COACH in who understands how the system works, the better

Applause-gif-tumblr-i8.gif

I would pay him off and sack him. Fuck the compo issue if he is off to NAAAAARICH. It is loose change to FOSUN

Given the deafening silence from the club, maybe that is exactly what is happening. And Lambert can only blame himself.

Though given the way he has behaved, could Lambert possibly be in breach of contract?

First line I think the silence is telling in the extreme and I would be very surprised if Lambert ever manages our team again at a match.

Breach of contract I doubt it. We are probably hoping that Naarich trip up enough that it proves Lambert was talking and then we have to pay nowt, although to be honest I don't think it is a sum of money fosun give even a minor fuck about.

If you could prove he had been dropping stories into journalists I would imagine he is in breach of contract, almost impossible to prove though.

First line I think the silence is telling in the extreme and I would be very surprised if Lambert ever manages our team again at a match.

Breach of contract I doubt it. We are probably hoping that Naarich trip up enough that it proves Lambert was talking and then we have to pay nowt, although to be honest I don't think it is a sum of money fosun give even a minor fuck about.

Thank you. I know very little about the legalities of contracts, but I am sure the clubs lawyers will have studied his comments. And I agree, just pay him off.

Thank you. I know very little about the legalities of contracts, but I am sure the clubs lawyers will have studied his comments. And I agree, just pay him off.

My guess that has been sorted. I think we will get a situation similar to KJ. Sacked and replaced inside 12 hours..

Now my record at being correct is similar to how often Bod has scored for Wolves, so we will probably announce on Monday the last week has been bullshit and they are happy with and behind Lambert.

Boro weren't great to watch under Karanka but they did get the job done eventually under him. He seems a bit mad but there will definitely be a few positives in that he will be happy working for us with the Mendes connections and i think Fosun and Mendes would allow him to buy some players he wants and we would for the first time in years have a style of play that is recognisable. Right now i couldn't care less either whether it was really fun to watch if it got us promoted i'll be happy.

It might not be Karanka that comes if Lambert goes but imo he fits everything Fosun want in that he will work with Mendes and he has knowledge of English football which could be perfect for us and maybe Karanka has learnt a little from the various things that happened at Boro.

We were going nowhere but backwards under Jackett and what "merry-go-round"? We got rid of a manager who was out of his depth and were close to getting Julen Lopetegui (you know, the guy who ended up taking the Spain National job instead) couldn't persuade Silva to take the job (done pretty well at Hull) and I'm sure there was another top manager linked with us but sadly we were left with the likable, passionate but ultimately out of his league Walter Zenga.
Fosun acted quickly, as most Wolves fans wanted them to, and sacked Walt. They then trusted the DoF to sort them a list of available, British managers and appointed the man who most thought was the best of a bad bunch.
Do you think that during the interview process FOSUN said to Lambert "hey yeah, of course you have full control over new signings, forget about the fact we have a DoF and access to Jorge Mendes" or do you think it was pointed out what the set up was at the club? The names bandied about as the players Lambert wanted are a relegated keeper who is not much better than Andy Lonergan never mind Ikeme, a defender who only made 5 starts in the league this season and rarely made the match squad and a forward from Preston. If that is the "quality" that Lambert is trying to blackmail the club into signing then no thanks.
Also, knowing the set up at the club he thought fit to leak a story to the National press rather than address his concerns in private just after other rumors that Norwich are interested in taking him as their new manager. Coincidence that these stories are leaked in time for us to sack him, pay him compensation and for him to walk straight into a new job blaming our owners for being "clueless"? Don't think so...
Anyway, he came in looking towards the play-offs and ended up being lucky that we had two players supplied by Mendes who could actually play football or we may not of survived. He persisted with Dave Edwards in the vital #10 role, a job he does not offer anything in be it goals or assists and just "runs around a lot", midfielders at full back and some bloody baffling team selections. What exactly has he done to earn the right to embarrass the club by running to the press?

Excellent post sir, agree with every word of that

Second that - if Lambert had got us challenging for the playoffs then 'might' have had enough credit in the bank to have earned a freer hand in who came in.

Getting 15th, flirting with relegation and picking somewhat random selections at times doesn't

Washing the club's dirty linen in public (even if it can't be proved that it was him) gets you a P45

If you could prove he had been dropping stories into journalists I would imagine he is in breach of contract, almost impossible to prove though.

Surely bringing the company into disrepute ?

Surely bringing the company into disrepute ?

It's proving it though and I don't think you can. Darlo's spot on here.

It sounds like we've sounded people out properly this time too and I've noticed it's Fosun and Mendes not my favourite ferret faced author.

If Karanka does come we'll be in Jose Mourinho's good books again ;-)

Hull could get relegated tomorrow...the apparent uncertainty over Lambert's position grew once they lost last week and Swansea won...#justsayin

If Lambert goes and Karanka comes in I'll be annoyed if it's Silva on the other hand then it's a very good move IMO.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hull could get relegated tomorrow...the apparent uncertainty over Lambert's position grew once they lost last week and Swansea won...#justsayin
Could be why the club are keeping quiet. If Hull stay up, Silva stays there, if not he comes here. Meanwhile we've Karanka on the line in case Hull do somehow avoid the drop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back