• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

KJ, Walter and Lambert all had the option to replace when they were appointed. KJ added his assistant and then progressed Edwards through the ranks. Walter just added his assistant (although he did ban Mountain and Daley from the bench) as he felt he needed folk who knew the club to help him. Lambert also had the option but just went with adding 1 (has no assistant though).

So the owners have let the Head Coach make the call. Maybe now Fosun have been here a year they may change that stance if Lambert does go. Certainly understand why they wouldn't have wanted all our 1st team staff firing 1 week before the season started.

The oddest thing for me is how small our coaching team is and has been for years. Seems we get by with the minimum amount we can.

It's definitely too small and has been ever since Ian Evans called it a day. I don't understand why we do that. Not like we can't afford coaches. Maybe it's all Patrick Weiser's fault, we let Stale add him to the coaching staff, results went downhill and the club decided that we're never doing that again.

You can't impose coaches on a manager, that's even worse than foisting players on them. He can always choose not to pick an Ola John or a Jermaine Pennant (which would be a wise call on both counts). He's *got* to work with the coaching staff every single day. If he thinks one of them is shit or just doesn't get on with them at all, it's not going to be healthy.

Honestly he'll never work in England again but I do think he's a far better manager than he looked at Swansea.

Managerial Altidore innit

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jozy Altidore is to playing what Tim Sherwood is to management.

I'd rather have Brad Bobley. MEGNUTS!!

That would be brilliant. Maybe we could get a full back that is accomplished at the intersecting flank scamper or we could sign a deceased sphere technician.

Anyone else seen Spiers wahmbulance piece in the Shropshire Star?

The only thing that makes us a circus right now is that there's been a leak about it. I defy anyone who thinks these kinds of power struggles don't go on behind the scenes at every club with top flight ambitions. Difference is that someone at Wolves was too precious to be professional about it.

Be nice if this was resolved soon as we are starting to look like a basket case of a club.

I'm not saying this is fair, but perception is everything and good managers will start avoiding us.

No. Which makes me think this all a bunch of noise over nothing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think he has gone. The silence is deafening as it was during all the speculation about the takeover. If there was no truth in all of this I'm sure the club's PR machine would have moved quickly to deny the rumours and state business as usual. I believe he has already left the club and Fosun are busy behind the scenes speaking to and doing a deal with a replacement

I think he has gone. The silence is deafening as it was during all the speculation about the takeover. If there was no truth in all of this I'm sure the club's PR machine would have moved quickly to deny the rumours and state business as usual. I believe he has already left the club and Fosun are busy behind the scenes speaking to and doing a deal with a replacement
Gallardo?

Gallardo?

Very much doubt it, on paper he is way out of our league. I think there is truth in the Karanka rumours and would not be at all surprised if he replaces Lambert

Very much doubt it, on paper he is way out of our league. I think there is truth in the Karanka rumours and would not be at all surprised if he replaces Lambert
I suppose one can dream, just strange how this is all happening after the rumours last week.
I fear it'll be Karanka, I won't be over the moon with his appointment if his 'boro days are anything to go by.

I suppose one can dream, just strange how this is all happening after the rumours last week.
I fear it'll be Karanka, I won't be over the moon with his appointment if his 'boro days are anything to go by.

That is a good point actually regarding the random Gallardo rumour from last week and the subsequent events. Can't see it though, much more likely to be Karanka I think

If Lambert goes, I like the suggestion someone said earlier that if Hull get relegated, we should try for Marco Silva.

that would make me wet my pants

He's possibly the streakiest manager in the world. His teams are either on a blinding run of form or in disastrous shape, nothing else. You're not going to get promotion like that.

Pardew usually starts off very, very good..winning almost anything, then he goes on a horrible run when he cant win anything..like he loses the dressing room after a while

Yeah I think he's gone. There's been absolutely nothing from the club at all. I'd have expected a Lambert interview about recruitment, even the decisions on the out of contract players by now.

I'm guessing all players have been informed about their futures by now? Most are off on their hols going by their Instagram accounts.

Back