• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Lambert considering his future?

I'd rather Karanka than lambert, but even better would be neither.

I thought there was a clean slate last summer, twelve months later and we are no better off. I was not over enthusiastic when Fosun bought the club, I am now of the mindset that they really do not know what they are doing. Two poor managerial appointments, yet Thelwell remains untouchable, and new contracts given to players who really should be moved on. It really is a right old mess.

So, if/when Lambert goes and you have celebrated. Who would you want? (in an attempt to move you on from waving your first and saying grrrr at Fosun)

I know previously it would have been Rowett but that ain't happening.

The other point to note is that IF Fosun told him his job was at risk last week as per Brittney then the Mendes thing is a red herring planted by Lambert to make him an attractive option for other clubs. A straight sacking would tarnish his reputation more. Even if that is the case it's poor from the owners, we might sack you, but we might not is not the way to go.

So, if/when Lambert goes and you have celebrated. Who would you want? (in an attempt to move you on from waving your first and saying grrrr at Fosun)

I know this is totally unrealistic, but I'd throw millions at Chris Hughton. 4 clubs 3 promotions and a massive over achievement to make the play offs with the other. The owners have the money, it has a 1% chance of coming off but I'd give it a go.

The other point to note is that IF Fosun told him his job was at risk last week as per Brittney then the Mendes thing is a red herring planted by Lambert to make him an attractive option for other clubs. A straight sacking would tarnish his reputation more. Even if that is the case it's poor from the owners, we might sack you, but we might not is not the way to go.

Maybe it was more a case of "you didn't deliver everything you promised in your interview and now you want us to sign off on a relegated keeper from Blackburn, a low rate forward from Preston and defender who only started 5 times for Newcastle in the league and was mostly not even in their squad...Buck your ideas up as we expect better than that"

Maybe it was more a case of "you didn't deliver everything you promised in your interview and now you want us to sign off on a relegated keeper from Blackburn, a low rate forward from Preston and defender who only started 5 times for Newcastle in the league and was mostly not even in their squad...Buck your ideas up as we expect better than that"
But if that is the case where is Thelwell's accountability? As I said yesterday if that shopping list caused the owners to question his judgement - which is fair, it does with me, then he should have just been binned, not told to have another look.

I certainly will not celebrate if/when Lambert leaves. He was a poor appointment, which I think I said at the time, and there were one or two others on here who had doubts about Lambert.

Regarding his replacement, if we go for a British manager then I would be quite happy if Monk was given the job.

But if that is the case where is Thelwell's accountability? As I said yesterday if that shopping list caused the owners to question his judgement - which is fair, it does with me, then he should have just been binned, not told to have another look.

Oh don't worry, I'm no Thelwell apologist, I've wanted him gone for quite some time now or moved back to the U18/Academy level where he did at least have some success

I certainly will not celebrate if/when Lambert leaves. He was a poor appointment, which I think I said at the time, and there were one or two others on here who had doubts about Lambert.

Regarding his replacement, if we go for a British manager then I would be quite happy if Monk was given the job.

Nods

I think Monk would work rather well at Wolves.

Nods

I think Monk would work rather well at Wolves.

When we were hiring managers just weren't on the market...Now that it looks like Lambert has spit his dummy out and the season is over we can go for a serious upgrade and yeah, |I'd be happy with Monk.
On the Lambert thing, I don't remember many people going wild with excitement but a general feeling that he'd had some success at previous clubs or that he hadn't been backed at others so he was probably the best of the managers shortlisted by Thelwell

When we were hiring managers just weren't on the market...Now that it looks like Lambert has spit his dummy out and the season is over we can go for a serious upgrade and yeah, |I'd be happy with Monk.
On the Lambert thing, I don't remember many people going wild with excitement but a general feeling that he'd had some success at previous clubs or that he hadn't been backed at others so he was probably the best of the managers shortlisted by Thelwell
http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31550

I like Karanka. I'd be happy if we appointed him. I'd also be happy if Lambert piped the fuck down and got on with his job but ah well.

Won fewer games with Boro this season than Mick managed for us in 2011/12 (when he was sacked earlier). He never, ever, ever learns from his mistakes and his football is horrific to watch.

I certainly will not celebrate if/when Lambert leaves. He was a poor appointment,

Still, at least he leaves you with the memory of Wolves being decent in a Cup Competition for once

Well this has been an interesting couple of days - whatever disagreement there is leaking it out into the press will get you the sack & the assumption seems to be that it came either from Lambert or someone close to him.

If he had delivered 7th place & just missed out on the playoffs given his starting point he might have had enough clout to demand that his wishes be agreed to. Finishing 15th with no real discernible style of football or plans doesn't. Not fussed if he goes, but just needs to be done quickly so as to not waste more time than is needed.

Monk would be acceptable or if Huddersfield don't get up try to tempt Wagner

Monk is pretty interesting too, agreed

Exactly...Of the short list of available managers he was the preferred choice and the thread title?? "TWF's Best of a Bad Bunch Manager Choice"
I was supporting your view rather than knocking it. Once Thelwell had decided we were going British, unemployed and with Championship experience he was the overwhelming choice of people on here, but pretty much only when those criteria became apparent, which in fairness was broken by Brittney.

My crystal ball says whoever we appoint will still pick Edwards and Doc.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Think the job will go to Karanka. Ticks so many boxes - speaks English, knows the Championship, a promotion, foreign so shouldn't have a big problem with players being given to him and I believe has links to Mendes.
Not exciting perhaps but far, far better than some twenty clubs in 10 years Italian.

Back