• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Still, at least he leaves you with the memory of Wolves being decent in a Cup Competition for once

Indeed, and we were very unlucky when the balls were pulled out. Stoke City and Liverpool away were very difficult games indeed, though sadly Chelsea were just too good for us.

My overwhelming first choice is Wagner - thought Huddersfield played some lovely stuff when I saw them on TV
Monk will do
Don't want Karanka - but want him more than Pardew
Want Pardew more than some bloody foreign manager who's had 876 clubs in 20 years
Sadly, we don't have the wit or the imagination to look at promising managers from lower leagues
Last thing I want is Fuckwit Thelwell being in charge of the process
What an absolute pig's arse of a club we have become

If Lambert goes, I like the suggestion someone said earlier that if Hull get relegated, we should try for Marco Silva.

Silva will find another home in the Premier - someone will go there before long

My overwhelming first choice is Wagner - thought Huddersfield played some lovely stuff when I saw them on TV
Monk will do
Don't want Karanka - but want him more than Pardew
Want Pardew more than some bloody foreign manager who's had 876 clubs in 20 years
Sadly, we don't have the wit or the imagination to look at promising managers from lower leagues
Last thing I want is Fuckwit Thelwell being in charge of the process
What an absolute pig's arse of a club we have become

That last line is hyperbolic fucking bullshit.

I think Pardew would do a good job here.

The only problem is that I can't abide the man. I'd find it very hard to warm to him.

I think Pardew would do a good job here.

The only problem is that I can't abide the man. I'd find it very hard to warm to him.

He's possibly the streakiest manager in the world. His teams are either on a blinding run of form or in disastrous shape, nothing else. You're not going to get promotion like that.

Big no to Karanka almost butchered Boro's promotion last season when they should have been up comfortably.
Seems a bit mentally unstable at times and players painfully bad football.
Gary Monk would be my shout if he would be willing to leave Leeds.

Can't stand Monk. Massive ego. Thinks he's the bees knees and some sort of flashy European coach given his twitter feed.

"We have arrived in Ipswich, ready to fight for our common aims'.

Prat.

Im begging the days come that Wolves completely clear the decks. Since Mick's tenure he had Terry Connor spouting sweet nothings, same with Daley, Mountain and Edwards all have gone through different Wolves managers spouting sweet nothings. At no stage for an absolute age have we have a complete new manager with his own back room staff..

Bob Bradley.

:run:

Can't stand Monk. Massive ego. Thinks he's the bees knees and some sort of flashy European coach given his twitter feed.

"We have arrived in Ipswich, ready to fight for our common aims'.

Prat.

They read like they're written for him by the PR department.

Im begging the days come that Wolves completely clear the decks. Since Mick's tenure he had Terry Connor spouting sweet nothings, same with Daley, Mountain and Edwards all have gone through different Wolves managers spouting sweet nothings. At no stage for an absolute age have we have a complete new manager with his own back room staff..
With you there Quirky. Nothing against them (except Mountain) but we need fresh ideas and methods.

TC went all the way back to Colin Lee I think!

So McGhee would be the last total clean sweep, just the 21 and a half years since we appointed him.

What I cannot understand is why the club has allowed this situation to happen. Coaching staff and certain players seem immune irrespective of owners and managers. But sadly it seems that no-one in authority at the club over the last few years has seen that Wolves are stagnating.

What I cannot understand is why the club has allowed this situation to happen. Coaching staff and certain players seem immune irrespective of owners and managers. But sadly it seems that no-one in authority at the club over the last few years has seen that Wolves are stagnating.
KJ, Walter and Lambert all had the option to replace when they were appointed. KJ added his assistant and then progressed Edwards through the ranks. Walter just added his assistant (although he did ban Mountain and Daley from the bench) as he felt he needed folk who knew the club to help him. Lambert also had the option but just went with adding 1 (has no assistant though).

So the owners have let the Head Coach make the call. Maybe now Fosun have been here a year they may change that stance if Lambert does go. Certainly understand why they wouldn't have wanted all our 1st team staff firing 1 week before the season started.

The oddest thing for me is how small our coaching team is and has been for years. Seems we get by with the minimum amount we can.

Back