• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it.

If we're going foreign then I'd prefer we go for Robert De Niro as he talks Italian.

Yes agreed a clean slate is needed if he does go and Thelwell.

I thought there was a clean slate last summer, twelve months later and we are no better off. I was not over enthusiastic when Fosun bought the club, I am now of the mindset that they really do not know what they are doing. Two poor managerial appointments, yet Thelwell remains untouchable, and new contracts given to players who really should be moved on. It really is a right old mess.

I love the fact on one thread I'm discussing the flawed merits of George Galloway as Foreign Secretary whilst on another quoting Bananarama lyrics. This forum has really brought me out of myself before that I used to be a Shy Boy

I think you need to reserve judgement on the "Thelwell is untouchable" bit there. His position should have been made untenable by these events. If he survives them then I would have to reluctantly agree with your assessment on that bit, but I hope he is binned off PDQ.

We haven't really cleared the decks properly yet in my view. The same (overly small) coaching staff is there as always, and it is pretty clear that they are very palsy palsy with many of our old guard. And therein lie a lot of our problems.

I love the fact on one thread I'm discussing the flawed merits of George Galloway as Foreign Secretary whilst on another quoting Bananarama lyrics. This forum has really brought me out of myself before that I used to be a Shy Boy

Bananarama from you, Oscar Wilde from me. I'm wasted on here, I tell you...

No info on this but the fact that Karanka flew back into the UK yesterday must be telling......
Karanka would be the obvious choice with the Mendes and Championship promotion link. Positives would be he'd fix our broken Man Utd link and he has gained promotion from this league. Negatives he's flakey to say the least, ultra defensive and inflexible. Better than a random 12 clubs in as many years kind of guy, but not someone I'd really want.

Lambert can just fuck off for me, not impressed at all..so, no real loss

If a manager from England Rowett would have been my choice but not gonna happen..so bring somebody in from abroad from one of the big leagues to lift us to another level..also easier to attract very good players..

I'll get DW to write a blog on him. I don't think I'll be the only one to miss him...

I'm not sure there'd be enough swear words in the blog to describe how you actually feel about Thelwell.

aye, and Thelwell..you can get your coat too..can't we get one thing/anything right at this club...please.....

I'd much rather keep Lambert than appoint Karanka.

Ranieri has won PL and managed chelsea, Lambert..sadly not..would be an improvement of course..but maybe I would chose a younger hungry manager with new ideas in modern football instead..

Karanka is a big no no for me too

I like Karanka. I'd be happy if we appointed him. I'd also be happy if Lambert piped the fuck down and got on with his job but ah well.

Back