• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Apparently Lambert was told his job was at risk last week according to Spiers?? If so its madness utter madness. If they have someone ready to come in (and its not another WZ) then fair enough but this is starting to become more and more worrying.

Yes agreed a clean slate is needed if he does go and Thelwell.

I think Thelwell will go if a new manager is brought in as Lambert was his guy. I imagine the coaching staff will either fall in line with the new guy or find jobs very quickly. Half of our youth set-up have gone anyway so we need to replace them too.

I think Thelwell will go if a new manager is brought in as Lambert was his guy. I imagine the coaching staff will either fall in line with the new guy or find jobs very quickly. Half of our youth set-up have gone anyway so we need to replace them too.
How will you cope with your favourite person at the club gone?

Indeed.

Completely lost his head last season when they were bottling the autos too.

Yeah that's the first thing I thought when his name came into my head.

The thing is, to me, the coaching staff didn't fall in line with Zenga and has way too much input with cozying up to Edwards, Coady and the like

Fuck me here we go again.

Lambert's not convinced me. His attitude towards buy British seems a little myopic. As did many of his team selections. No excuse for washing in public. He must have known the set up before he came. Fuck we all did! We were also OK with 12 signings even if some didn't work at all in the main.

So, thanks for not relegating us. Now get the new man and coaches in plus another 12 this summer but this time let's try and sign some players for positions that really need improvement shall we?

Ranieri ?

How will you cope with your favourite person at the club gone?

I'll get DW to write a blog on him. I don't think I'll be the only one to miss him...

The thing is, to me, the coaching staff didn't fall in line with Zenga and has way too much input with cozying up to Edwards, Coady and the like

I'm not in the Karanka camp either, his football is very turgid, reminds me a bit of Paulo Sousa and that's not a good thing.

I'd be more put off with how incredibly dull his brand of football is even when it's working.

Well yeah, that too - so except for being unhinged, prone to tantrums and the insistence on playing mind numbingly dull football, the perfect fit?

Makes the decision not to go for Rowett even more mystifying all this crap.

If fosun are committed to Mendez long term then get someone in who understands that and can work with it. Stop fucking around. Its pissing us off

Definite no to karanka from me too.

FWIW (& I ain't itk) but I believe lambert wants to bring in his own backroom team. Thus far, he hasn't been allowed to do so. The transfer policy, plus this issue may make things a bridge too far for him.

If Lambert goes who should we get in? I don't have a clue whose available these days

Or have Fosun already got someone lined up?

Makes the decision not to go for Rowett even more mystifying all this crap.

If fosun are committed to Mendez long term then get someone in who understands that and can work with it. Stop fucking around. Its pissing us off

I'm not sure Rowett would've been any better than Karanka personally, he had Blues punching well above their weight but I don't think he did it in a particularly entertaining way. I remember looking at some Blues highlights when he was binned, or when Zenga was binned, and I think it had been about 2 months since Blues had last scored a goal from open play!

There's a new chap in our office who's a Derby fan and he's not sold on Rowett either, apparently he's made noises about them being more direct and not being interested in possession for possession's sake, not to say that definitely means he's going to go full route 1 stuff but I wouldn't class Derby as a team who particularly overplay at the moment so it could be a little concerning to think he still wants to go more direct with them.

If Lambert goes who should we get in? I don't have a clue whose available these days

I like Nathan Jones.

Longest 24 hours ever this is haha. I had a meltdown myself just trying to read the posts in this thread quicker than you guys were posting them.

I like Nathan Jones.

I think that's a fair shout Mark. I think we'd do well with Heckingbottom from Barnsley if we were going British but if Huddersfield don't go up I think I'd go all out for Wagner.

Exactly that. If Lambert says "I want to sign X" and Fosun say "You can't sign X because Mendes is offering us Y" then Lambert is quite justified in resigning. I may be old-fashioned, but the manager surely has the right to try and sign who he wants & it is the board's job to back him or sack him. Either way, it needs sorting out bloody quickly.

That's fine, if lambert knows everyone on mendes books - would he have taken Costa ahead of weimann for example if that conversation had happened at the start of the season?

Back