• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

Spiers seems to think Lambert will indeed be sacked.

He can have no complaints if he is. Genuine grievance but handled it like a chump.

Speirs article makes a very good point that the damage may be irreparable and I'm inclined to agree now - I wonder who the domestic coaches being sounded out are

He can have no complaints if he is. Genuine grievance but handled it like a chump.

Yep.

My main concern is how much is this going to set us back? I've been in the mindset that Lambert needed a proper transfer window having had ample time to assess the squad and see who is and isn't fit for purpose. Whoever comes in isn't going to have that luxury - we can't start next season in any other mindset other than 'minimum requirement: top 6'.

What a total fucking shambles - if there was this much concern from Lambert about Mendes's involvement, it should have been sorted before he agreed to join. Unless Fosun/Mendes have indeed moved the goalposts - but even so, there are better ways of sorting out your differences rather than spouting off to the press.

Speirs article makes a very good point that the damage may be irreparable and I'm inclined to agree now - I wonder who the domestic coaches being sounded out are

Monk hasn't signed his contract yet (there might not even be one to sign)
Wouldn't surprise me if we looked at Pardew though I do not endorse this
They might think Alex Neil still has something about him, I'm not so sure
Roy Keane has been at Molineux recently...

Well, thank fuck Harry's found gainful employment, what with our multi-billions available.

Re: Southampton: I believe their philosophy is almost to identify their next manager as soon as they appoint a new one as they know they won't be able to retain them, Pochettino as an example. Any new incumnbent has to share their footballing philosophies so as not to disrupt the club's ethos.

New coach needs to be in by the end of the month. That still gives us plenty of time plus we know some of the players are lined up to come in regardless of coach.

I'd take Monk.

But I won't be happy with some no mark nomadic coach from the continent as has been rumoured.

It's all lining up for Dangerous Dave Edwards to become player-manager

I'd take Monk.

But I won't be happy with some no mark nomadic coach from the continent as has been rumoured.

You mean like Pochettino was ;)

[size=-2]Disclaimer: If it's Zenga mkII I wouldn't be pleased either. Just think any new coach needs a chance and yes I do understand the irony in this post.[/size]

Whatever the decision Fosun need to make it quickly, this will damage us massively, especially if we appoint a foreign coach who needs to assess his squad. Sounds very much like Lambert is off, to be honest I get the impression despite his soundbites that he didn't fancy it, the players we have been linked with aren't good enough to get us out of this division. A Cushy job at Norwich will do just fine for him.

As for us I think domestically we might struggle, handing out p45's like lollipops isn't exactly attractive to decent potential new managers.

You mean like Pochettino was ;)

[size=-2]Disclaimer: If it's Zenga mkII I wouldn't be pleased either. Just think any new coach needs a chance and yes I do understand the irony in this post.[/size]

Well obviously I'd need to be convinced that due diligence was used in the appointment and wasn't simply a case of 'fuck - he's gone - Jorge, got any clients who fancy a few months of shit weather?'

I wonder when the Karanka rumours would start?

Ehhh, Kenny Jackett, I did a goal, you aint got one, ahahahaha.

Whatever the decision Fosun need to make it quickly, this will damage us massively, especially if we appoint a foreign coach who needs to assess his squad. Sounds very much like Lambert is off, to be honest I get the impression despite his soundbites that he didn't fancy it, the players we have been linked with aren't good enough to get us out of this division. A Cushy job at Norwich will do just fine for him.

As for us I think domestically we might struggle, handing out p45's like lollipops isn't exactly attractive to decent potential new managers.

Fosun aren't handing out P45s though, this will be down to Paul Lambert and his decision to wash our dirty laundry in public.
If Lambert goes I want the entire first team coaching staff to go too

Fosun aren't handing out P45s though, this will be down to Paul Lambert and his decision to wash our dirty laundry in public.

You need to change your sig mate - replace the word 'season' with 'summer'...

Well obviously I'd need to be convinced that due diligence was used in the appointment and wasn't simply a case of 'fuck - he's gone - Jorge, got any clients who fancy a few months of shit weather?'

I wonder when the Karanka rumours would start?

Already started this morning on twitter.

Yes agreed a clean slate is needed if he does go and Thelwell.

Timbo II:

It's looking like when, not if, Lambert will leave Wolves. He's still in limbo but I understand Fosun are already sourcing a successor.
Situation has come to a head in recent days. It’s believed Lambert was told last week his job was at risk, but Fosun yet to confirm his fate
Everything remains on hold, including the retained list and pre-season plans, until this is finalised.

Back