• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert Leaves Wolves

I think that's a fair shout Mark. I think we'd do well with Heckingbottom from Barnsley if we were going British but if Huddersfield don't go up I think I'd go all out for Wagner.

There was a decent article on Jones on Sky Sports a couple of months into the season that intrigued me, documented the tail end of his playing career and his path into coaching so far, I liked the sound of him so I've tried to keep a bit of an eye on Luton this season since I read it, think they've been a bit ropey at the back at times but look to play some attractive stuff going forwards. You'd think even if they manage to get through the play-offs he could be tempted with a move.

Karanka is fucking shit. No way.

Internally, Lambert didn't mind the Portuguese's involvement as long as players weren't to be signed without his knowledge but over the past few days the club's attitude to this has changed - prompting the uncertainty over the coaching position.

I can understand why Lambert would be fucked off. It can't be a great position, being the Manager of a club like Wolves but getting little to no say in transfer targets. At the end of the day, Lambert picks the team and has to manage them (and the club) towards a promotion charge. On that front, I feel for Lambert a little, especially if he was led to believe he'd have a say on targets. Let's not forget Jeff's comments about Kenny Jackett when Fosun first took over - I don't think we can trust much that comes out of Shi's mouth, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lambert has been led up the garden path by Fosun.

For me, Kevin Thelwell's position at the club is untenable. Clearly, if there's any truth in recent reports, Thelwell is working with Lambert - and it's they who are coming up with Players like Hugill & Hanley. If Fosun aren't signing off on players like that and instead would prefer to deal with Mendes (and they have a vested interest in his business) and trust that he can bring in a better quality of player to make a fist of it next season, well, it sort of means there's no point in Thelwell being here. And let's be honest, if Kevin fucking Thelwell is suggesting the likes of Jordan fucking Hugill, then he can sling his hook immediately as far as I'm concerned.

Working on the information we have (and who knows what is true), I feel for Lambert and he's been backed in to a corner somewhat - but he simply hasn't done enough in his time here to make me feel aggrieved that he might go.

I do have some reservations about the way Fosun have conducted themselves since taking over at the club, though. This summer is huge for them and it hasn't started well.

I feel for Lambert and he's been backed in to a corner somewhat -.

I agree on that but he has gone about it the wrong way. You simply don't take it to a public fight when you are still employed by the club. High risk strategy that is seemingly going to cost him his job.

What about that chap that was at Hartlepool recently ?

I agree on that but he has gone about it the wrong way. You simply don't take it to a public fight when you are still employed by the club. High risk strategy that is seemingly going to cost him his job.

And he gets a nice pay off.

Lambert hasn't had much luck with a host of owners has he?!

To fall out with one owner is unfortunate. To fall out with two or more is carelessness.

And he gets a nice pay off.

Lambert hasn't had much luck with a host of owners has he?!

Well he would have known from Day 1 what he was getting into at Blackburn

I can understand why Lambert would be $#@!ed off. It can't be a great position, being the Manager of a club like Wolves but getting little to no say in transfer targets. At the end of the day, Lambert picks the team and has to manage them (and the club) towards a promotion charge. On that front, I feel for Lambert a little, especially if he was led to believe he'd have a say on targets. Let's not forget Jeff's comments about Kenny Jackett when Fosun first took over - I don't think we can trust much that comes out of Shi's mouth, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lambert has been led up the garden path by Fosun.

For me, Kevin Thelwell's position at the club is untenable. Clearly, if there's any truth in recent reports, Thelwell is working with Lambert - and it's they who are coming up with Players like Hugill & Hanley. If Fosun aren't signing off on players like that and instead would prefer to deal with Mendes (and they have a vested interest in his business) and trust that he can bring in a better quality of player to make a fist of it next season, well, it sort of means there's no point in Thelwell being here. And let's be honest, if Kevin $#@!ing Thelwell is suggesting the likes of Jordan $#@!ing Hugill, then he can sling his hook immediately as far as I'm concerned.

Working on the information we have (and who knows what is true), I feel for Lambert and he's been backed in to a corner somewhat - but he simply hasn't done enough in his time here to make me feel aggrieved that he might go.

I do have some reservations about the way Fosun have conducted themselves since taking over at the club, though. This summer is huge for them and it hasn't started well.
I agree with all this. There's also the broader point of what's the point of a British DOF scouting British players and a British manager also naming the players he wants. It seems to me that in the world Lambert wants Thelwell's job doesn't exist let alone Mendes

General view on her seems to be pro club anti Lambert, romance my eyes from bleeding what's the general view on MM, FB and Twitter?

According to Britney his position has been under review for at least a week?

Then there are reports that Norwich have spoken to an in work manager Wednesday night.

Thursday morning this all breaks.

From Lambert's POV maybe he thought this would get Fosun to either back him or sack him? And he hopefully then falls back on Norwich if he gets the boot.

Pretty risky.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back