• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Paul Lambert confirmed as new manager!

If your enemy had been a bit more persuasive we would have had one, in the end we had to settle for Stearman.

We are limited to what we can do as we have to use what we have until January. Seriously won't take much to make what we have slightly more solid. Lambert may have to do a 15/16 season KJ and put a little bit more protection in front of them, but he will at least have something KJ didn't and actually have more than 1 attacking outlet.

I am expecting some gritty performances in Lamberts first few games as he tries to nail the first issue with the team

yeah, we really need some stability from the back first and foremost..if that means Saiss is part of a five men defence, than so be it..build from the back..we will see what Lambert does

Batth was only made captain by Jackett ironically enough to go some way to connecting the club back to the fans at that point in time.

There's a couple of lines many Wolves fans throw out, one is about wanting local players, the other how they can accept errors / lack of ability if the effort is there. Lee Naylor and Danny Batth I daresay would disagree.

A lot of people saying that Lambert's first job is to get a bit of organisation into the team. Surely they should be doing that every day in training.

Not if the coaching staff haven't got a clue how to drill a defence and set a team up off the ball. You could give Brendan Rodgers, for example, 20 years to get that right and he wouldn't sort it out.

Unlike the last appointment, this one could actually turn out to be a good one. His first job will be to clear out at least half of the total garbage we signed in the summer, and replace them with a handful of experienced homegrown Championship players.

If you discount Ruddy who was a youth signing we brought in 12 players. Which 6 would you say are garbage?

If you discount Ruddy who was a youth signing we brought in 12 players. Which 6 would you say are garbage?

Well let's go through them, shall we?

• Lonergan: Decent
  • Stearman: Jury's out
  • Bojack: Jury's out
  • Silvio: Jury's out
  • Saiss: Good
  • Oniangue: Jury's out
  • Joao Teixeira: Jury's out
  • Ola John: Jury's out (probably a Miss though)
  • Helder Costa: Good
  • Ivan Cavaleiro: Good
  • Bodvarsson: Good
  • Gladon: Miss

For me, Gladon is the only one we've signed who looks outright unfit for purpose.

Well let's go through them, shall we?

• Lonergan: Decent
  • Stearman: Jury's out
  • Bojack: Jury's out
  • Silvio: Jury's out
  • Saiss: Good
  • Oniangue: Jury's out
  • Joao Teixeira: Jury's out
  • Ola John: Jury's out (probably a Miss though)
  • Helder Costa: Good
  • Ivan Cavaleiro: Good
  • Bodvarsson: Good
  • Gladon: Miss

For me, Gladon is the only one we've signed who looks outright unfit for purpose.
I don't know what to chastise you for the most. Calling Lonergan decent or the word 'Bojack'.

:icon_lol: FFS Alan!

I don't know what to chastise you for the most. Calling Lonergan decent or the word 'Bojack'.

:icon_lol: FFS Alan!

I've wanted the Bojack thing to stick since we first signed him tbf!

Lonergan isn't a long term answer but he has made some good saves recently.

I've wanted the Bojack thing to stick since we first signed him tbf!

Lonergan isn't a long term answer but he has made some good saves recently.
Lonergan isn't even a short term answer IMO.

I'm guessing he means them foreign types.

Probably. The absolute shite shouted in the Southbank at Teixeira before he went off and as he went off and then at Costa and Cavaleiro was much worse than any booing of Danny. Just for example when we took the short corner for the second goal the idiot behind me shouted at Cavaleiro you'm fucking shit why have you played it short it's 2 vs 2. When we scored i turned around and said that's why and fair play he said he felt like a cunt but that begs me the question why say it in the first place. There were several other instances but obviously not as recognisable as booing and so hasn't been reported.

Stearman, John, Gladon and Lonergan are shit. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if none of them ever played another minute for us again. We might be forced to use Stearman due to the horrific form of everyone else I suppose. Lonergan won't ever play ahead of Ikeme if the latter is available.

All of the others have shown enough to suggest they have plenty to offer this season, including CBJ who needs to be told to play as an attacking left back. No nonsense tucking in so he's holding hands with the left sided centre half, no weirdly getting involved in central midfield areas, no strict instructions to never cross the halfway line.

I'm pretty certain that like DW said earlier with a decent coach our defense could be good enough but at the minute they look like they are being asked to do something alien to them. I don't think Batth is good enough but he has shown instances where he has been so maybe it is just a case of him being short on confidence and needing reassurance and a bit of guidance. My only issue with that is Rob Edwards has been here for the last year and a bit as first team coach and defensively we seemed to have been getting worse.

Stearman, John, Gladon and Lonergan are $#@!. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if none of them ever played another minute for us again. We might be forced to use Stearman due to the horrific form of everyone else I suppose. Lonergan won't ever play ahead of Ikeme if the latter is available.

All of the others have shown enough to suggest they have plenty to offer this season, including CBJ who needs to be told to play as an attacking left back. No nonsense tucking in so he's holding hands with the left sided centre half, no weirdly getting involved in central midfield areas, no strict instructions to never cross the halfway line.

Remind me why it is you hate Ola so much?

Stearman, John, Gladon and Lonergan are $#@!. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if none of them ever played another minute for us again. We might be forced to use Stearman due to the horrific form of everyone else I suppose. Lonergan won't ever play ahead of Ikeme if the latter is available.

Lonergan on Saturday showed what he is, culpable with others for the first, some good saves afterwards. No issue as an experienced number 2. Wouldn't want him in the team for a protracted period of time though.

Stearman again no issue as back up and if we're honest he couldn't do any worse than any of Hause, Batth or Iorfa at the moment

Gladon and John agreed, although only based on what I saw whilst at Reading in the case of the latter. If Pav is the Mendes prosecution then this is his smoking gun.

I'd probably add 'Bojack' to the list, mainly because he's too green for where we need him to be at the moment.

I'm pretty certain that like DW said earlier with a decent coach our defense could be good enough but at the minute they look like they are being asked to do something alien to them. I don't think Batth is good enough but he has shown instances where he has been so maybe it is just a case of him being short on confidence and needing reassurance and a bit of guidance. My only issue with that is Rob Edwards has been here for the last year and a bit as first team coach and defensively we seemed to have been getting worse.

Last sentence is bang on. What I find most concerning is that Iorfa and Hause both seem to have deteriorated over the last year. As someone said on Saturday, Christie for Derby was everything we hoped Iorfa would be. I sincerely hope Lambert questions every single person on our backroom staff: I don't want anyone to be considered safe

Last sentence is bang on. What I find most concerning is that Iorfa and Hause both seem to have deteriorated over the last year. As someone said on Saturday, Christie for Derby was everything we hoped Iorfa would be. I sincerely hope Lambert questions every single person on our backroom staff: I don't want anyone to be considered safe

Iorfa I'll give you, but really he's only been good for half a season. For me, Hause has never shown anything more than a lower league centre half.

One player who will be in the spotlight is Prince. Interesting that he didn't even make the bench under Edwards.

And I agree with the suggestion that Dave Edwards should be captain. Will take some pressure off Baath too.

Back