• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Oscar Pistorius

Very sneaky by Gerrie Nel. Clever move, but not exactly a nice thing to do.

FFS - now they've released photos showing Pistorius covered in blood right after the incident.

Is there really any need to disclose that sort of information?

It is part of the evidence in a criminal case that is on the telly. Once that decision was made only the REALLY graphic stuff was going to get left out. That's why it is on a slightly delayed feed as there will have been photos of the body that definitely shouldn't be in the public domain.

It is part of the evidence in a criminal case that is on the telly. Once that decision was made only the REALLY graphic stuff was going to get left out. That's why it is on a slightly delayed feed as there will have been photos of the body that definitely shouldn't be in the public domain.

It's an absolute farce that a trial can be played out in public like this.

That girl's family have been through hell - they have lost a loved one, have just seen her killer get off the charge they were hoping for and now the whole world gets to see her blood spattered over the guy who killed her. Classy.

Bail granted.

I presume he is off to a hotel for the forseable future and not his Uncles house

How is it possible to get out on bail after he's been found guilty?

How is it possible to get out on bail after he's been found guilty?

Because in South African law he could still get as little as a Caution or Fine for the offence! Mental, I know. Although he is more likely to get some jail time he may get a suspended sentence

You can be bailed in this country after being convicted, even if the judge explicitly says that a custodial sentence will be passed in due course.

You can be bailed in this country after being convicted, even if the judge explicitly says that a custodial sentence will be passed in due course.

Even in a murder case?

Looks like the forum wanted a guily charge on the first count?

Looks like the forum wanted a guily charge on the first count?

Alan...You are laying in bed one dark night and you hear a noise, do you
A) Turn to your partner and say "Did you hear that darling"? or
B) Grab a gun, rush/waddle without your false legs into the room and without warning fire 4 shots at the noise

Because in South African law he could still get as little as a Caution or Fine for the offence! Mental, I know. Although he is more likely to get some jail time he may get a suspended sentence

That's extremely lenient.

Alan...You are laying in bed one dark night and you hear a noise, do you
A) Turn to your partner and say "Did you hear that darling"? or
B) Grab a gun, rush/waddle without your false legs into the room and without warning fire 4 shots at the noise
Not defending him. I'm not familiar with the facts of the case beyond the most casual involvement so I was asking in seriousness.

During this circus, I wonder how many people stopped and thought about the fact that a young lady lost her life. This is the reason I am against trials being shown live. It was not a soap opera, though it very nearly ended up that way in the end.

During this circus, I wonder how many people stopped and thought about the fact that a young lady lost her life. This is the reason I am against trials being shown live. It was not a soap opera, though it very nearly ended up that way in the end.

Agreed Frank - and the photos subsequently released today from the trial really should not be made public. I find the whole thing distasteful and disrespectful.

I really don't believe there is a place in court for cameras or legally ignorant people tweeting nonsense either for that matter. Some of the rubbish tweeted by commentators in this trial has been way wide of the legal mark.

Back